Author Topic: New problem with custom tile transition  (Read 345 times)

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
New problem with custom tile transition
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:51:01 AM »
I just downloaded and started using the new TE. I was attempting to update my dogwar terrain so that the custom water tile transitions to regular ground transitions wouldn't have the regular water tile in-between. Well, updating went well, yet when I saved, exited, re-named the files to make the update, then re-entered the TE, the transitions were back to normal.

Before I saved the transition was fixed so that half the tile leading to the ground (beach) wasn't the regular water tile but instead the entire transition to land was the custom water tile. Yet after I saved, exited, and then re-entered the TE it was back to normal. Is this perhaps thanks to new requirements on the tile transitions, or is it a bug with the TE?
Get your Daily Dose of Flame!
FlameThink.com
No. 603 Squadron... Visit us on the web, if you dare.

Drug addicts are always disappointed after eating Pot Pies.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:10:15 AM »
If you have copied your old files to a new location, from a CD or another hard drive, you may have to undo the read-only attributes they picked up. Select files -> right click -> Properties -> uncheck Read-only.

I have to do this every so often.

Not a bug nor a new requirement... just an awkward housekeeping duty (hopefully). :)
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:01:13 PM »
Ill try it, thanks for the info.

EDIT: None of the files are "read only". This is perhaps because I didn't copy the files, I just renamed them so I could generate the update.
FlameThink.com

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »
Ahh, okay... you'll probably find that it works if you ignore what the TE shows you and build it anyway. Delete your cache folders in both the AH2Edit and AH2 folders.
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline Denholm

• Plutonium Member
      • No. 603 Squadron
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 03:05:15 PM »
Okay, I forgot to do that, I'll probably do that after I finish searching for travel agencies that are hiring in the region.
FlameThink.com