Author Topic: Rivers  (Read 470 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Rivers
« on: May 14, 2007, 06:41:23 AM »
I am attempting to learn the TE and have gone through Denholm's excellent tutorial and created a couple of test terrains.

One thing is puzzling me though. How do you get a river to exit into the sea? The transitions from both the beach and river tile block the river off. I'm guessing you might be ableto edit the alpha file for the river tile but how can you edit the beach tile without screwing up all the coastlines?

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
Rivers
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 07:23:14 AM »
There's a couple "Delta" objects in the TE, however the only thing that I've seen visible on it in the TE is ground clutter, and BlauK reports it causes the editor to crash.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Rivers
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 03:43:37 PM »
Thanks Saxman, just wanted to be sure I wasn't overlooking some solution you guys take for granted.

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Rivers
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 12:49:39 PM »
I tried placing some deltas, but they did not appear in TE.

Also I have no idea so far how the new coastlines can be placed. Maybe they somehow autogenerate when the file is opened???

If I place a water tile next to the coastline, the new beach vanishes and gets replaces by an old transition.

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Rivers
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 01:19:15 PM »
Reloading the terrains seems to fix it for me, I think.

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Rivers
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »
I guess the deltas must be on HTCs list of things to fix. Seems a bit pointless having all those river tiles without being able to join them to the sea.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Rivers
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 06:59:35 AM »
FYI I've tried editing and re-creating the delta objects in the OE with no luck. But then again I'm not OE literate. :)
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.