Author Topic: Falwell Dead  (Read 3331 times)

Offline DYNAMITE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.texasaircav.com/
Falwell Dead
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »
Originally posted by storch
it comes as no surprise to this poster that the leftist on this board and probably everywhere else would express these bitter remarks regarding the passing of a fellow human being.

As apposed to the bitter remarks he's made in regards to the passing of nearly 40 Million human beings?  (estimated total AIDS deaths world wide, by the World Health Organization)

I'm sorry, but he was no model for love, charity, and forgiveness.
And I quote :

If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being.

God continues to lift the curtain and allow the enemies of America to give us probably what we deserve.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell, blaming civil libertarians, feminists, homosexuals, and abortion rights supporters for the terrorist attacks of Tuesday, September 11, 2001, to which Rev Pat Robertson agreed, quoted from John F Harris, "God Gave US 'What We Deserve,' Falwell Says," The Washington Post (September 14, 2001)

AIDS is not just God's punishment for homosexuals; it is God's punishment for the society that tolerates homosexuals.
-- Jerry Falwell

The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior.
-- Jerry Falwell, Listen, America!

AIDS is the wrath of a just God against homosexuals. To oppose it would be like an Israelite jumping in the Red Sea to save one of Pharoah's chariotters.
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

“Textbooks are Soviet propaganda”
-- Rev Jerry Falwell

Please forgive me if I don't miss him...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 04:59:31 PM by DYNAMITE »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 04:56:50 PM »
I'm conservative..... falwell wont be missed.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Clearly "tact" wasnt something all were taught.

I will say nothing in regard to his death even though it is so tempting.  I think that before you criticize these guys for not having any tact or not caring for the passing of a fellow human being then maybe you should realize the type of tactless comments the man was capable of spewing.

Jerry Falwell commented on the cause of 9-11 two days after it happened.
"I know that I'll hear from them for this. But, throwing God out successfully with the help of the federal court system, throwing God out of the public square, out of the schools. The abortionists have got to bear some burden for this because God will not be mocked. And when we destroy 40 million little innocent babies, we make God mad. I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way -- all of them who have tried to secularize America -- I point the finger in their face and say you helped this happen".

Falwell's contempt for his fellow human beings will continue to trigger similar responses like the ones seen here.

Oh i can't help it.....So Falwell gave an interview with Christiane Amanpour a week ago.  Go to the bottom of the page where it says Falwell wanted 20 more years then click on the video.
I Need 20 more years.
If there is a God, then he has an awesome sense of humor.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:02:00 PM by -CodyC »

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 05:00:49 PM »
Originally posted by LePaul
Wow.

Some of you guys still manage to surprise me.

Clearly "tact" wasnt something all were taught.

Hey we are all just happy the **** got what he wanted, besides that the guy swindled more people than Enron. He was in the Jimmy and Tammy Fay Baker "Praise Jesus Club" whom managed to get millions upon millions out of suckers and then went bankrupt.
"strafing"

Offline L'EMMERDEUR

• Zinc Member
      • http://http://www.bushslastday.com/
Falwell Dead
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 05:30:08 PM »
Good Riddance!

storch

Falwell Dead
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 05:36:36 PM »
Originally posted by crockett
Hey we are all just happy the **** got what he wanted, besides that the guy swindled more people than Enron. He was in the Jimmy and Tammy Fay Baker "Praise Jesus Club" whom managed to get millions upon millions out of suckers and then went bankrupt.
there is no way you can truly be so mis-informed.

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »
I aint saying I liked the guy, his comments certainly weren't nice

But jumping up and down celebrating his death is just a bit much.

That's all Im saying.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Falwell Dead
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 05:48:21 PM »
You very selectively quoted the last bit about the club, your thoughts on his pro-seggregation, pro-apartheid etc comments would be of interest.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Falwell Dead
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »
Originally posted by indy007
My parents must have raised me wrong.

Falwell was a giant sweetheart.

Good riddance.

:rofl
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

storch

Falwell Dead
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 05:58:07 PM »
personally I have a deep mistrust of all clergy intially and especially the media savvy ones.  I didn't know falwell personally but a friend who attended liberty, played football there and as a senior was one of his "bodyguards" and knew him about as well as one man can know another felt that falwell walked the walk.

what does anyone's opinion of a person have to do with the callousness some of you exhibit at the time of a person's passing?  I mean even if it's a trainwreck of life the person is no longer here why not just let it go irrespective of who or what the person was in life?  statements of that nature display the deepest form pussillanimity, the person who does stuff like that is coward.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
Falwell Dead
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 06:07:37 PM »
Since you're responding to me, I'd appreciate an example of my callousness and cowardice.

Thanks!
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

storch

Falwell Dead
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 06:10:10 PM »
your response was not callous.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2007, 06:42:22 PM »
Falwell also did a lot of good things in the time he was given on this earth. To many times folk focus on the things they perceive to be bad about someone and forget all about the good things folks accomplish.

From the link in the original post.

The fundamentalist church that Falwell started in an abandoned bottling plant in 1956 grew into a religious empire that includes the 22,000-member Thomas Road Baptist Church, the "Old Time Gospel Hour" carried on television stations around the country and 7,700-student Liberty University. He built Christian elementary schools, homes for unwed mothers and a home for alcoholics.

He also founded Liberty University in Lynchburg, which began as Lynchburg Baptist College in 1971.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Falwell Dead
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2007, 07:01:12 PM »

He raised 20 million for the defunt Jim and Tammy Fay Bakker's "Praise The Lord" (PTL ) that was part of Jim Bakker's scams.

Jerry Falwell took it over after Jim Bakker's name became mud and ran it untill it went defunk.

PTL Victims to Receive $6.54 Each
Lawyers take $2.5 million of $3.7 million settlement.
The 165,000 people who gave $1,000 to Jim Bakker's planned Heritage U.S.A. resort in return for promised four-day vacation stays will receive just $6.54 each.
On Aug. 23, 1991, after the second and final day of his re-sentencing hearing, Bakker's original 45-year sentence was reduced to 18 years.
"strafing"

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Falwell Dead
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »
I don't know Storch.  From reading the postings, it's pretty obvious they missed his 50+ years of dedication, and devotion to the Christian cause, only to land, as liberals do, on the bad, and misconceptions they were indoctrinated with in the first place...

and this PTL carp?  Blame the lawyers, for the disbursment of funds... not Jim Falwell.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/