Author Topic: Flickering bases, etc  (Read 252 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Flickering bases, etc
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:07:01 PM »
I only today began having issues with flickering bases, and on certain parts of the screen. Usually, it's the top center third of the screen that flickers. It begins at the loadup screen, and no other games sem to be affected.

I have a 64 bit gaming system, 512MB ram GeForce Nvidia 7900GT, and I monitor the temperature, which never gets above 47 farenheight. I run at 1064, and only use default video settings.

I'm pretty sure it's not a heating issue...I'm really hoping the temp didn't spike, but the PC would have shut down if the temp reaches 130 degrees.

Any takers?

Gainsie

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
Flickering bases, etc
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 05:54:50 PM »
guess not.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Flickering bases, etc
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »
You need to play with different video driver versions... I have an older NVidia 6200 with the newest drivers, and all is well for me, but some of the newer cards actually like the older drivers with this game.

Can anyone lead him to specific driver versions that work well?

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Re: Flickering bases, etc
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
Originally posted by Red Tail 444
I only today began having issues with flickering bases, and on certain parts of the screen. Usually, it's the top center third of the screen that flickers. It begins at the loadup screen, and no other games sem to be affected.

I have a 64 bit gaming system, 512MB ram GeForce Nvidia 7900GT, and I monitor the temperature, which never gets above 47 farenheight. I run at 1064, and only use default video settings.

I'm pretty sure it's not a heating issue...I'm really hoping the temp didn't spike, but the PC would have shut down if the temp reaches 130 degrees.

Any takers?

Gainsie

sounds like a nice system,  I'll take it:cool: