Author Topic: Stoning/Honor Killing  (Read 2210 times)

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »
Not going to post links, but you can find them on major news outlets.

Just fluffied up.

Offline -CodyC

• Copper Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 01:02:35 AM »
Saw it today on CNN, never wanted to kill so many people, so badly in all my life.  Killed her simply because she loved a guy of a different faith.  She was so beautiful too.

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:07:46 AM »
Originally posted by -CodyC
Saw it today on CNN, never wanted to kill so many people, so badly in all my life.  Killed her simply because she loved a guy of a different faith.  She was so beautiful too.

I felt the same way.  Sick, sick, sick.

The clash of cultures/values is crazy.  Bass ackwards treatment of women captured on video from cell phones.  

Bunch of perverts..."honor killing" and some guy rips her dress/pants off.  May an IED serve them all justice.

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:20:47 AM »
That is absolutely horrific. I do not feel angry or vengeful as much as saddened by the sight. Culture is an incredible thing.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Neubob

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My Movie Clip Website
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 01:20:58 AM »
Islam is a religion of peace, tolerance and enlightenment.

Pumping oil through heat-fused sand is a process I'd love to see implemented on a continental magnitude.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 01:53:03 AM »
My god, the treatment of women is simply apalling! Im sickened just thinking about it!

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Good, bad, ugly
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 04:31:27 AM »
The good is that they're a minority, much like wackos of other religions are a minority to actually have extremist tendencies, and a minority of a minority to actually act out their tendencies.

The bad is that it's really just like that.. I had friends I grew up with who, out of the blue in otherwise completely normal friendships, would say things like that:
"I mean imagine, if you took a girl home from a party late at night, and after you're [in bed] you turn the lights on - and it's your sister!! ...  I'd kill her..  She'd have to die. [...]"  
This guy was a totally normal guy, otherwise.. We both got the best grades in most classes, etc.. This wasn't something he would have naturaly thought up, it was bred into him.  There's a lot of other anecdotes from other muslim friends I've had, mother-centric and equally weird (all of a sudden getting all stiff in the middle of dinner about his family and friends rising up with AK47s and taking control of Toronto like his father told him they could - this guy was Iranian, 13yo.. "Today Toronto and Canada, tomorrow the evil USA), but that's the gist of it everytime.
It's obsessive.

The ugly is how thick the wall between extremists and well-adjusted people is, especialy when they're from backgrounds as different as the inner USA and inner Islam.  I could do nothing to change their minds.  I couldn't even understand how they could put their faith before reason like that.. there was nothing to leverage them into even just entertaining a mode of thought other than their circular reasoning.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 04:34:04 AM by moot »
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 06:43:46 AM »
Yep there is so much to admire in the arab "culture".
:rolleyes:
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:47:51 AM »
I'll never understand the "culture".    

A shame too because she was very pretty.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Good, bad, ugly
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
But what about tolerence of other cultures? :rolleyes: (Im being facetious)

Originally posted by moot

I could do nothing to change their minds.  I couldn't even understand how they could put their faith before reason like that.. there was nothing to leverage them into even just entertaining a mode of thought other than their circular reasoning.

Just ask the religeous right about abortion rights.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 07:58:55 AM »
Yet their are many liberals who have nothing bad to say about the poor muslims and reserve their most passionate hate for christians..  

I can't believe that liberals and feminists are not screaming for us to "do something" about the horrors of the muslim religion.

It is difficult to take them seriously when they condone the muslim religion yet constantly attack the christian one.

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
Although you don't condone stoning women lazs, your attitude that they shouldn't be allowed to vote etc. is very musilm-like....or is it Christian?
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 08:27:16 AM »
Originally posted by Curval
Although you don't condone stoning women lazs, your attitude that they shouldn't be allowed to vote etc. is very musilm-like....or is it Christian?

thats a stretch, comparing stoning to voting.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 08:33:08 AM »
I am neither muslim nor christian curval.

I also have never said that women are equal to men like you liberals do.

I also have never advocated stoning them to death for some sexual predeliction or another.

Any other questions?

lazs

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
Stoning/Honor Killing
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:18 AM »
lol

You have repeatedly stated that women should not have the same rights as men.

Women aren't allowed to vote in Musilm countries...you advocate the same.

Very musilm-like you are indeed.

I didn't say you advocate stoning women..in fact I specifically said you didn't.  My you (and John9001) have a hard time reading.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain