Author Topic: Language,inappropriate text,kids online  (Read 7797 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Language,inappropriate text,kids online
« Reply #210 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:28 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Sim why you starting in on us? You know us better then that....

Not meaning to start in...took your "force fed estrogens until their male parts sucked up inside their bodies...." as a joke, and tried to respond in kind.

Tying the "more PRODUCTIVE" use of testosterone and FATHERS DAY was meant to bring some other....activities..... to mind, but maybe it was too subtle for a "crackhead jackals fighting psychotic hyenas" BBS thread. No offense intended at all.

And I agree: Everybody's got different styles, and if a group doesn't match up with the way you like to do things, then find another group.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline BigGun

• Silver Member
« Reply #211 on: June 18, 2007, 04:44:37 PM »
Here is a quote from Skuzzy of HTC and his view of profanity in the game:

"There is no reason or excuse for the use of derogatory, foul, or abusive language. None.
It is disruptive and there is nothing positive it will accomplish.

Quite the opposite, all it generates is more anger, frustration, contempt, and causes others that were on the edge to go over.

There is no reason children should not be able to sit with thier parents and watch this game be played. If you feel it is inappropriate, then I would say to you, you are inappropriate. You cannot surmise a situation where using profanity or other abusive language is either appropriate or positive."

Some had asked why HTC hadn't chimed in since it was there game & their rules. They have chimed in many times before. I haven't seen anything from them that has a change in viewpoint.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2007, 06:32:39 PM »
Originally posted by BigGun

"There is no reason or excuse for the use of derogatory, foul, or abusive language. None.

Quite the opposite, all it generates is more anger, frustration, contempt, and causes others that were on the edge to go over.

There is no reason children should not be able to sit with thier parents and watch this game be played. If you feel it is inappropriate, then I would say to you, you are inappropriate. You cannot surmise a situation where using profanity or other abusive language is either appropriate or positive."

Some had asked why HTC hadn't chimed in since it was there game & their rules. They have chimed in many times before. I haven't seen anything from them that has a change in viewpoint.

"Children" SHOULD be able to sit and watch tv with their parents!!

But parents also should shoulder the responsiblity of which channels their children should watch.

Not all channels are appropriate for children.

If a parent sees their "children" watching inappropriate material, they should change the channel.

There are PLENTY of other channels out there that are suitable for "children".
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline DaddyAck

• Silver Member
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2007, 06:39:48 PM »
This thread is still on going?!?!?:confused:
Why?:huh

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2007, 07:20:27 PM »
Because we still have potty mouths:aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2007, 08:00:45 PM »
Originally posted by USRanger
Because we still have potty mouths:aok
Oooooh, you're a baaaaadd man! :)
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »
<----Says the F word a lot, but not on range or where it isn't welcome.

Last nite i got Wittle ol AXER on Film sayin some pretty vulger stuff.Sent the film to Roy.We'l see if it gets corrected or not.

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2007, 08:42:41 PM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th

Last nite i got Wittle ol AXER on Film sayin some pretty vulger stuff.Sent the film to Roy.We'l see if it gets corrected or not.

Let's see if AXER / DEXTERs DAD will do anything about it.  Per. him he taught his kids to not cheat, let's see if he taught them how to act in an appropriate mannor.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline NateWolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2007, 08:53:36 PM »
My 2 Cents:

If you are in a channel and you don't like what is being said, leave!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2007, 07:35:22 AM »
Originally posted by NateWolf
My 2 Cents:

If you are in a channel and you don't like what is being said, leave!

Works both ways.  If you want to swear, don't hit your vox button.

- oldman

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:14 AM »
Spot on Oldman! :aok

anyone who actualy wants people to hear them swearing has alot of growing up to do.
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2007, 10:55:46 AM »
Originally posted by WMLute
Let's see if AXER / DEXTERs DAD will do anything about it.  Per. him he taught his kids to not cheat, let's see if he taught them how to act in an appropriate mannor.

It's obvious he didn't.They will answer to thier UBER NERD Father Now, The Skuzzy!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
Originally posted by Sweet2th

You and I have gone around in here, but I must feel bad for ya.    I've also had this happen to me, and I have NEVER done this to someone else.   I have twice, had my 5 year old son on my lap flying, and have had two idiots tune my vox.   My son is then forced to listen to the moronic rants while I get him off of my lap, reach for the speaker volume (because he enjoys hearing the gnunfire, explosions, etc), and tell him "that this person doesn't have manners".  

I hope your film nails him to the wall.   <> Sweet2th
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline VansCrew1

• Gold Member
« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2007, 11:29:25 AM »
Originally posted by PanzerIV
I am very repulsed by their language, its one thing to speak profanity and perverse words but typing it shows a lack of self control and/or intelligence.
Have fun and dont ruin it for others:aok .

it's called the squelch command,use it.
Tour 79
Callsign: VansCrew

"The Ringer"

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »
Originally posted by BigGun

We banter on squad channel or a private channel and we don't always use curse words or talk in a lot of inappropriate ways.  Sometimes someone does come up with some off the wall deprevity but we don't do it on open channel or range channel (disclaimer about those that frequent channel 200).  The point is it's meant to be private to prevent those who shouldn't hear such crap from hearing it.  It's not disruptive to the whole, it's not abusive at all, it's more like that so and so SOB shot my tail off and such...

Get the picture?

No during long long missions, things can get kinda risque but it's all in fun and if we know one of our youngsters are online, we nip it in the bud.

All the Best...
Jay
awDoc1
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:42:58 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!