Author Topic: an update please  (Read 3719 times)

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
an update please
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2007, 10:20:05 AM »
Originally posted by Husky01

Allies CO of the Aces High Scenario Operation Husky.

Register for this event here.
http://ahevents.org/scenarios/registration.html

Threadjack:

I'm kind of curious how an outed and admitted cheater (you=goldelks), score-padder and shader, manages to get to be CO of an event?

Seriously. WTH?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:29:34 AM by scottydawg »

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
an update please
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
Please, tell me for what country this Tunes dude fly... I need to pad my score and I have only 1 pc!!! :D

One night a few months ago my squad was in MW.  We repeatedly scored kills on the Tunes clan.  When the squad CO logged on, I told him that HTC paid the Tunes to increase our rank and that I had shot down a whole album :lol
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
an update please
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2007, 10:25:31 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
BTW, last I saw tunes, he was a Rook. And it was the creepiest thing ive ever seen. It was Tunes Tunes2 Tunes3 and Tunes4 all in lancasters, and an enemy Fw-190... all 5 were flying like robots. Just the maneuvers, the absolute emotionless-ness... it actually SCARED me. I got a cold feeling in the pit of my stomach just watching the fight... it was like a sad puppet show in a creepy dream... I actually feel... 'cold'... right now just thinking about it!

As long as he is a bad gunner, I have just warming feelings about such a view! :D

EDIT:

Originally posted by Scca
One night a few months ago my squad was in MW.  We repeatedly scored kills on the Tunes clan.  When the squad CO logged on, I told him that HTC paid the Tunes to increase our rank and that I had shot down a whole album :lol

:lol I must meet him, I must meet him!!! .f tunes will be the first thing, now, everytime I log in! :D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 10:33:10 AM by Gianlupo »
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
an update please
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2007, 11:24:04 AM »
Tunes is usually on mid day, he fly's with the LCA Renagades
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
an update please
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
Threadjack:

I'm kind of curious how an outed and admitted cheater (you=goldelks), score-padder and shader, manages to get to be CO of an event?

Seriously. WTH?

I wasn't around when the event you spoke of occurred (heard about it though) nor do I know Husky well, but I will say that condemning someone for life after admitting something like that is totally wrong.  Sure it's bull doody, and I wouldn't do it, but is it really cheating?

Scottydawg have you have never HO'ed, vultched, picked, been part of a horde or spawn camped, all of which could be considered less than savory ways of getting a kill.  If I am wrong, and you have done none of these then my apologies to you.

I am sure that in our lives we have done something we shouldn’t, but to keep things in perspective, this is a game, lighten up.  

He admitted it, give him a break.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
an update please
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »
What did Husky do thats was so bad?
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
an update please
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2007, 12:26:31 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
What did Husky do thats was so bad?

I will let him answer if he wishes, but what he did happens all the time.  

Where he went wrong is he admitted it and asked for forgiveness.  I admire that.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
an update please
« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2007, 12:26:40 PM »
Originally posted by Scca
I wasn't around when the event you spoke of occurred (heard about it though) nor do I know Husky well, but I will say that condemning someone for life after admitting something like that is totally wrong.  Sure it's bull doody, and I wouldn't do it, but is it really cheating?

Scottydawg have you have never HO'ed, vultched, picked, been part of a horde or spawn camped, all of which could be considered less than savory ways of getting a kill.  If I am wrong, and you have done none of these then my apologies to you.

I am sure that in our lives we have done something we shouldn�t, but to keep things in perspective, this is a game, lighten up.  

He admitted it, give him a break.

He admitted it only after he was caught.  I was around and watched the whole sorry affair unfold.  I'm not condemning anyone 'for life', as you so dramatically put it, however it speaks volumes to the maturity of said individual.  It was only a few tours ago, you know.

I've never cheated, spawncamped, been part of a 'horde', I avoid vulching except for captures, and I've never scorepadded or 'gamed the game', I have no need to; like you say, it's just a game.

My issue is with giving the reins of a scenario over to someone who has done the things he has.   A lot of people spend quite a bit of time designing, constructing and participating in these events and it alarms me that someone with (imho) such a limited grasp of fairness and good sportsmanship would be in a position to ruin all that effort.

yes, it is 'just' a game, but it is something that quite a few people enjoy.  I'm not trying to be a buzzkill here, I'm just pointing something out.  This is NOT a personal attack, don't mistake it as such.  I don't know him personally and can only speak to the things I have seen him say and do here and in the game, and it is those things that lead me to question the situation as it stands.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
an update please
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
Originally posted by Max
The next AH Con should be limited to shadez acct's only. The room would be packed to the rafters :aok

Or... there might just be 1 person showing up, but it'd be okay because he's paying for 50 seats. :rolleyes:

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
an update please
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2007, 12:34:29 PM »
Originally posted by scottydawg

Seriously. WTH?

He stepped up. I hate those that do moronic idiotic things in this game, like shooting shades accounts 100 times in a row in an empty arena, or flying 4 formations of lancasters over a target on 4 separate computers, but that has no bearing on a scenario event.

The call went out, Husky volunteered. Had you been so upset at his offer to CO the allies, you could have taken his place!

If, as you feel, his past actions are an indicator of his ability to make sound decisions, then at worst all that will happen is the allies lose by a landslide in the Operation Husky scenario. More than likely, his past actions will have little to no effect on his "command decisions" during this upcoming event.

EDIT: The scenario was already created and the rules written. They just needed COs for both teams. The CM team will set up the SEA server (as always) and ensure things run properly. The COs handle the choices for that team, which players in which units, the battle plans, etc. They work within the defined rules already in place. I don't see that as "turning over the reins." It's easier than you think but still takes a hell of a lot of time and effort.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:37:36 PM by Krusty »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
an update please
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2007, 12:38:40 PM »
Originally posted by Krusty
hate those that do moronic idiotic things in this game, like shooting shades accounts 100 times in a row in an empty arena, or flying 4 formations of lancasters over a target on 4 separate computers,  

These things are not comparable. The second is open and fair play, the former not.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
an update please
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2007, 12:40:59 PM »
He stepped up. I hate those that do moronic idiotic things in this game, like shooting shades accounts 100 times in a row in an empty arena, or flying 4 formations of lancasters over a target on 4 separate computers, but that has no bearing on a scenario event.

The call went out, Husky volunteered. Had you been so upset at his offer to CO the allies, you could have taken his place!

If, as you feel, his past actions are an indicator of his ability to make sound decisions, then at worst all that will happen is the allies lose by a landslide in the Operation Husky scenario. More than likely, his past actions will have little to no effect on his "command decisions" during this upcoming event.

I'm not upset... and I only noticed from his sig.  I'm not going to pursue this further, I have no vendetta against anyone.

I hope you're right, Krusty.  Scenarios and their fairness and playability are  important to the game. As to your statement regarding the limited effect side CO's have:  Recently FSO got a black eye from a side CO gaming the game and assuming the ambiguity of a rule meant his side could tactically exploit it (instead of asking for a clarification). Ruined it for a lot of people.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 12:44:34 PM by scottydawg »

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
an update please
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2007, 12:44:24 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
These things are not comparable. The second is open and fair play, the former not.

To me they're both as comparable as a 15k La-7 diving past 15+ enemy cons that are easy pickings to vulch a single con on the runway then augering the second he got the kill.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
an update please
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2007, 12:46:05 PM »
To me they're both as comparable as a 15k La-7 diving past 15+ enemy cons that are easy pickings to vulch a single con on the runway then augering the second he got the kill.

And that's no cheating either.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
an update please
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2007, 12:48:16 PM »
No, but it's moronic and idiotic :P