Author Topic: Saitek X45  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Zippy41

• Copper Member
Re: Re: Saitek X45
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2007, 10:10:20 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
where did you find a new X45 less than a year ago? They stopped making them awhile ago. Only X52s around here for several years now...

Wonders you find in the Navy exchange!!!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Saitek X45
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 10:35:31 AM »
I went through two X45s in a year. One I tore up pulling too hard on the stick, the other the throttle system gave up. My current X45 has lasted over 2 and half years with no problems. I am having it's official retirement ceremony as I type this. The kids gave me an X52 for fathers day.:aok

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »
OK, you've hit my pet peeve topic.

Been playing AH 26 months.  In that time I've bought 8 X52's and my newest stick, the X52 Pro, arrived just this last weekend.

First X52 lasted about 10-11 months and was a dream untill hat died and axis started spiking real bad.  In the following months I bought an used 4 sticks that lasted from barely 2 to 4 months before they were unplayable.  The other three I purchased were bought and returned immediately to the store for a replacement as they were defective out of the box.

Obviously, I like the design and feel of the X52 and am way too adicted to AH that can't be without a stick, but the manufacturing quality and reliability seems to be missing in the old X52 in general, though some get long use out of their's.  Since I bought all but one of these from Fry's Electronics, and they have always been suspect for some of their merchandise, I'm wondering if they are selling factory seconds at my store.

Anyway, the good news is, I've started sending the old X52's back to Saitek and with their 2 year warranty, I can get them repaired or replaced.  This means I may have my own little sale on a couple of sticks if anyone is interested.  Cheap!  LOL

The new X52 Pro is supposed to have different type of contacts and supposedly is way more reliable.  It certainly has some improvements in design and feels even better than the old sticks.  We'll just have to see if it holds up better.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »
Originally posted by NHawk
Talon.. I use white lithium grease on my X45's plastic disc. It lasts about 6 months without a problem. The part that actually causes the drag is the part that rides vertically on the stick, not the point where the disc contacts the base.

Contrary to popular belief.... Graphite + Plastic = Sandpaper. :(

I got that part right!

Thanks.  I will go with the lithium grease trick.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 02:22:03 PM »
Originally posted by Sloehand
OK, you've hit my pet peeve topic.

First X52 lasted about 10-11 months and was a dream untill ... axis started spiking real bad.  

This was the only issue  with my first one, which lasted a very long time with a lot of use.  (Well, the other issue was stiffness, but the lithium grease trick worked wonders).

My Pro has exibited no issues besides stiffness, fixed as above.

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Saitek X45
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2007, 03:09:40 PM »
was wondering if those that had spiking issues were on a powered usb hub or not
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals