Author Topic: Why do I quit  (Read 2124 times)

Offline AKDogg

• Gold Member
      • http://aksquad.net/
Why do I quit
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 02:37:09 AM »
Carls, U were muted by me after the last comment u made to fuzeman.  We as a CM team do not tolerate Racial, dorogetory, or any flameing of any kind to anyone.  I will not repeat here what u said as I believe this is not the place to discuss this.  I hate to mute people and the people who do get muted do deserve it, espescially if it in the KOTH.  U were like others have stated here, warned by 3 CM's for your actions and remarks.  In all actuallity that to much warning and I should have ejected ya.  I was giving u the benefit of the doubt.  Next time I won't be so Kind.
AKDogg
Arabian knights
#Dogg in AW
http://aksquad.net/

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 04:47:12 AM »
Originally posted by tedrbr

Haven't been in one for a couple weeks, but it was getting kinda ridiculous even then.... constant chatter on tuned VOX.  People shooting others before 'fights on'.  Pilots trailing in a close, low six position hoping to get that quick kill when 'fight's on'.  Going above 6K.  Not a constant thing (other than VOX chatter), but some incident or another for many rounds.  

OMG!!! What happened to KoTH??? I haven't been playing it for some months, I really hope it didn't become like that!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline megadud

• Gold Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2007, 06:44:29 AM »
i love KOTH i am sorry i missed it. It is my favorite part of aces high. i wish they had it more often. Definetly for better pilots, newbs get pwned quick. i'll be there to win it next time :aok :cool:

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Why do I quit
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 07:00:15 AM »
Originally posted by CarlsBee
I quit!

Well I suck, but that's no shame.  Still my chat previleges were suspended, asked why got no answer.  Today got got muted at king of the hill, would like to know why.  This is BS a few think they are too good.  I say get a life.
Post my wrongs.  Well forget it, seems a noob is not welcome so be it.

vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2007, 07:33:20 AM »
I quit!

Ta ta for now. :D

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2007, 08:18:21 AM »
I quit!

Well I suck, but that's no shame.  Still my chat previleges were suspended, asked why got no answer.  Today got got muted at king of the hill, would like to know why.  This is BS a few think they are too good.  I say get a life.

I don't know a thing about KOTH rules, or specifics as I am not nearly a good enough stick to venture there yet.  I will say this to you though.  No one in the year and half I have been playing has impressed me as a bigger arse than you sir.  Your nonsense, banter on country channel, your substanceless posts here, and your in game behavior, or lack thereof has been a good sign of your character.  Your the only person who ever made me so mad I cursed on range radio.  Parking your panzer right on top of peoples (mine) Tigers in the old TT, even after being told you will get people bombed that way.  Ignoring peoples suggestions about this, and repeatedly acting like and idjut.  Unlike some, I love to see new people join the game, but your sir, the community and game are far better without.  Respect and friends are made through ones actions, and the reverse is true as well.  I won't miss you.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Lye-El

• Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 08:24:13 AM »
If anything, it sounds like you guys cut him too much slack. :t

i dont got enough perkies as it is and i like upen my lancs to kill 1 dang t 34 or wirble its fun droping 42 bombs

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Noobie >>> Me
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 09:14:54 AM »
Hi,

I'm not so new, a couple months already.  Everybody has probably seen my handle as I flame to the ground.

One timed I cussed in the text radio in the TA and I was warned.  Suffice it to realize I don't swear in here.  I know all the cuss words, framing houses one tends to pick up the jargon.  For me to not to cuss is close to being miraculous.  Some guys on the vox radio embarrass me.  I'm surprised at the very least the FCC hasn't warned HTC to cool it.  Some of the language in here is on the fringes of being illegal.  Go Google Echelon as it pertains to communication.  

I quit joining in on the Special events as I am very green here.  There, too, I was warned to cool it.  So, I bugged out.  No malicious intent on my part was intended, I'm just not too privy to how you guys do things here.

Vox radio?  If a guy annoys me I squelch him.  If there is too much chatter to my squad channel, I tune down one notch and listen to the hum of my engine or the sound of the rounds splashing on me.  I do prefer the text channel.

For you to quit is rather ridiculous.  Why not adjust your behavior and adapt to your surroundings?

Daubie

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2007, 09:23:35 AM »
For you to quit is rather ridiculous. Why not adjust your behavior and adapt to your surroundings?

When his gameplay is horrible, how else can he get attention?
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Why do I quit
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »
Originally posted by Stampf
I am not nearly a good enough stick to venture there yet.  

Come to next month's KoTH if you get the chance, you don't have to be a good stick, you just have to follow the rules :)

Participating in KoTH is one of the better ways to improve in this game, anyway.  You're guaranteed a few duels with people much better at this game than you, and when you get shot down, with CM Eye mode you're guaranteed a front row seat to see some of the best sticks tangle with each other.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Why do I quit
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2007, 12:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
vvvvvvvvvvvvv

Bronk

:lol
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Sketch

• Silver Member
      • http://www.arabian-knights.org
Why do I quit
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2007, 12:19:51 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
Summertime Squeakers invading KoTH now?  

Oh the horror.... the horror......  

Haven't been in one for a couple weeks, but it was getting kinda ridiculous even then.... constant chatter on tuned VOX.  People shooting others before 'fights on'.  Pilots trailing in a close, low six position hoping to get that quick kill when 'fight's on'.  Going above 6K.  Not a constant thing (other than VOX chatter), but some incident or another for many rounds.  

Think I'll extend my break from the game.

I try them again and again but get tiered of the constant MA stuff... especially the Ho's and Picks...  Pretty easy to fly around and pick everyone in a fight or ho them.  Yeah it was a valid tactic in the REAL world, but if you got a collision message then, you both would be dead...  I like the fights if they are 1v1 or even 2v1... but when I get picked by a guy skirting the edges, it is a waste of time for me.  Who knows I might do one again some time....
Dogg did fine from what I was seeing, but saw constant type on the 101 channel of all the rules Dogg just told us.  Didn't think that was needed nor the constant chatter while he was trying to explain the rules...  Just my .02
~Sketch~//~Arabian Knights~
Sketch's Gunsight Collection 2008
Sketchworks Arabian Knights Soundpack
~Oderint Dum Metuant~

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Re: Carlsbee
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »
Originally posted by Sluggard
Keep trying only answer!

tryed KOTH for all of 5 minutes myself,,,,,yup I don't unerstand everything,,,,was not exactly made to feel welcome

think must be for the better pilots,,,i will try again someday

Sluggard

Been a lot of problems in KoTH on and off.  Mainly from pilots coming in, not reading the rules posted on the Arena Message, and constantly using the tuned VOX channel which you are supposed to avoid using so Moderator can run the game.  You are expected to enter a structured event with knowledge of what is going on.  Which can be found here.  There is not a lot of patience for someone that enters KoTH with no idea what's going on and starts asking lot's of questions over VOX, or giving a play by play over tuned VOX.

If you read and understand the KoTH rules, avoid chatter on tuned VOX, and talk and use txt in the Tower when not in the air, you'll find a pretty friendly crew (when not complaining about some other noob not following the arena rules.  
Making use of the God's Eye View of the other players still in a fight can teach you some things about ACM as well, and is fun to watch at times.

KoTH is a structured event.  If you prefer free-for-all, they yes, stay in the war arenas.  If you need to ask a lot of questions, use Tower Text, Tower VOX, or PM another player that seems helpful.  But read and understand the rules first, as best you can.

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2007, 02:42:04 PM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
OMG!!! What happened to KoTH??? I haven't been playing it for some months, I really hope it didn't become like that!

It's still fun, Gian, don't worry :D

The usual drama here and there but nothing to keep me from spending 5 and a half hours :eek: in the SEA last night :aok
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2007, 03:02:05 PM »
I quit!

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya on the way out.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles