Author Topic: 163B model  (Read 772 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
163B model
« on: May 14, 2007, 01:23:47 PM »
Does anyone know if the 163 as modeled in AH is correctly?  I was just reading on the internet that the 163 was a pure rocket plane and the engine was either on at full thrust or off, not controlled by a throttle.  That the pilots used the rocket engine to get to altitude and then maintained speed by diving on the enemy bomber formations.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
163B model
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:44:13 PM »
Do a search in the Aircraft and Vehicles forum.  There was quite a lengthy discussion about this a couple of months ago.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline devild0g

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
163B model
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:36:33 PM »
Have you tried 2 cutto half throttle in 163??? you cant rofl it stays max but if you go below half it counts as turning off. I only turn it off if i got a fast plane infront of me like 262 and dont want 2 pass it and i wiggle my plane with rudder to slow it down more same for emergency landing at high speed I bring plane in start shaking it with the rudder and lose speed.

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
163B model
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 08:58:45 PM »
Originally posted by devild0g
you cant rofl it stays max but if you go below half it counts as turning off.

Wrong.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
163B model
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 09:04:18 PM »
quote:Originally posted by devild0g
    you cant rofl it stays max but if you go below half it counts as turning off.

Originally posted by Geary420
Wrong.

I think devild0g just posts to hear the clicky sound his keyboard makes.
Rarely do his posts make any sense.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
163B model
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »
Yea Fuze, I know.  But hey at least hes not a squeker... (according to him anyways)

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
163B model
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 03:20:04 PM »
Watch it, he can legpress three Volkswagens.

Offline zorstorer

• Silver Member
163B model
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 08:17:09 PM »
Originally posted by Engine
Watch it, he can legpress three Volkswagens.

Standing or sitting??? ;)

Offline Sincraft

• Nickel Member
163B model
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
well if you are talking about the little jet which I think you are, I have no problem using about 30% after initial climb to use this in battle.  I've scored a few kills, but it's mostly just a change of pace fun plane to piddle with, and ensure you are going to escape for the most part.

Not sure why others are saying it's on or off, I have no problems with throttle management on this plane, and if I turn it down to 0% it slows down much faster than 30% so there is definitely a difference.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
163B model
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 09:09:03 AM »
Originally posted by Sincraft
well if you are talking about the little jet which I think you are, I have no problem using about 30% after initial climb to use this in battle.  I've scored a few kills, but it's mostly just a change of pace fun plane to piddle with, and ensure you are going to escape for the most part.

Not sure why others are saying it's on or off, I have no problems with throttle management on this plane, and if I turn it down to 0% it slows down much faster than 30% so there is definitely a difference.

Thanks for your input.  My original question was about the throttle and whether as modeled in the 163B in AH it was correct.  From my readings on the internet and a search of the Air  and Space Musume The 163B is not correctly modeled in AH.  There was no Throttle.  The aircraft as produced   was rocket powered, once ignited, the rocket engine burned at full force until all fule was exhusted.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
163B model
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 09:34:09 AM »
Originally posted by Traveler
Thanks for your input.  My original question was about the throttle and whether as modeled in the 163B in AH it was correct.  From my readings on the internet and a search of the Air  and Space Musume The 163B is not correctly modeled in AH.  There was no Throttle.  The aircraft as produced   was rocket powered, once ignited, the rocket engine burned at full force until all fule was exhusted.

Wrong.

“The engines were completely throttleable.”  -Komet 163 Chief test pilot Rudy Opitz

Read more:  http://homepage.ntlworld.com/andrew.walker6/komet/flight/flight1.htm

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
163B model
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
163B model
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:54 PM »
Originally posted by AWwrgwy
Read this thread

wrngway

Thank you.  I was trying to find that thread this morning to post the link here but couldn't find it.