Author Topic: Buff guns help  (Read 775 times)

Offline Emu

• Copper Member
Buff guns help
« on: May 04, 2007, 12:12:49 AM »
I've noticed bomber guns wont fire when on the ground.  I found this the hard way, when I had to ditch, and switched to my guns to fend off a vulching Dora, only to find out the guns wouldnt fire.  Is there a reason for this?

Also, my joystick is not exactly very smooth for buff gun control.  Jumps around a lot.  Is this because of my joystick scaling? interestingly enough, when in a fighter, my flight is not bouncy.  Is it possible to configure the mouse to control the guns?  Or, anyone can offer any tips on how to better control the guns?

Thanks,

Emu

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 12:38:11 AM »
Emu I believe they turned off buff guns/tail guns while on the ground due to people parking there 3 buffs in the middle of the enemy field being a "death star" gunship if you will.  Also if you try ed to break a cap with B24s and just popped up and started popping vulchers people be very pissed hehe
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Emu

• Copper Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 01:56:16 AM »
Does this have anything to do with not being able to take off on an ordless bomber?  I would think carrying no bombs should be a Hangar option when choosing loadout.

Offline SteveG79

• Zinc Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:41:51 AM »
Follow up question.
When I'm flying in a bomber, how do I get the drones tail gun to fire their guns on the same target that I'm firing on? Its pretty nerve racking trying to shoot down a con when he is firing on my drone bombers.

:furious

Offline Emu

• Copper Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 03:46:31 AM »
They automatically do so if you are firing at them from your tail gunner.  If you want a better view, use Ctrl + 2 or Ctrl + 3 (plane number) to switch to your drones.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Buff guns help
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 06:59:44 AM »
I think you have to have a button mapped to "fire all" and use that one to fire all the buff guns at the same time.

Buff guns are disabled on the ground because people were using them as gun platforms to defend bases. They would spawn and then have 15 guns to defend the base with.

Why would you want to take off without bombs?.... it is a bomber after all. Just dump the bombs after take off, unless of course your worried about your score :D

Offline brucerer

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.miraclehat.net
Buff guns help
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2007, 01:05:11 AM »
IIRC fire all is mapped to 'n' by default.

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2007, 02:15:52 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

Buff guns are disabled on the ground because people were using them as gun platforms to defend bases. They would spawn and then have 15 guns to defend the base with.

Oh that would be sweet. Jabo otw to town? just dump the bombs on the buff-ack! haha.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2007, 06:16:26 AM »
We had some hilrarious good times with the days of the 'car bombers'.

Ah, the good ol' days.

Offline Emu

• Copper Member
Buff guns help
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 01:13:31 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
I think you have to have a button mapped to "fire all" and use that one to fire all the buff guns at the same time.

Why would you want to take off without bombs?.... it is a bomber after all. Just dump the bombs after take off, unless of course your worried about your score :D

Because sometimes I wouldnt mind taking the A20 as a fighter, and if the base has ordnance disabled, i cant take off in it.  Which, doesnt make much sense to me.  No ord loadout should be an option for all bombers, in my opinion.

Emu