Author Topic: General consensus: Is ditching too easy?  (Read 957 times)

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
General consensus: Is ditching too easy?
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »
Scary as it may seem, EAW's ditch model seems much more accurate.  When I ditch in EAW I have to pay close attention to what I'm doing or I'll die.  Keep the nose up.  At all costs, keep the nose up and let the tail hit first.  Don't stall it, keep the nose up.

Sisu
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Baddawg

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.dogfighter.com
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2000, 07:07:00 PM »
Hangtime i disagree  there is historic accounts of planes makeing unbelievable  landings even Pilotless!

Having just finished a nice read
Tales from the Bombers by Chaz Bowyer
published 1985  William Kimber & CO. Limited

In this book are accounts of amazing heroics ,ironic deaths, fantastic survivals.

The  odd amazing ditch, in AH  is seemingly random and  that in turn adds to my enjoyment of the sim. Random anomalies,just like in war and real life add  some of the "romance".

Players will always Game the game  but most people who find an slight eccentric flaw dont capitalize it .
 I would hate to think of everyting being just black and white  i like the grey areas too  
 That being said   the terrain in AH  lends itself to  easy ditching . A price we probably pay  for better frame rates.

HTC ? do small variations in terrain  elevations  5 to 20 feet add to the frame rate? Not only that but it would help to the Hull down  for tanks . Of course this all sounds to easy to be true.

[This message has been edited by Baddawg (edited 05-15-2000).]

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2000, 09:56:00 PM »
its called ditching right...
dont ya need a ditch for that?

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2000, 01:07:00 AM »
 Fight to the death!! The only reason NOT to in this virtual conflict is to protect your score.
 Honor those that have actually faced the horror of air combat with life in the balance and forget about the score.You have the opportunity to experience the thrill of aircombat without your life hanging on the outcome! Therein lies the true beauty of AH and combat SIMS in general.
 When I learned to put my ego aside -I came to enjoy this art of air combat all the more.
 Tis OK to be bested by your foe-lawndarting can be a blast too!  --High Speed Dirt!!!!--
   By-Tor

------------------
"SCREAM'IN PTERODACTYLS"

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2000, 02:41:00 AM »
Yeh, I've noticed that once you lose some of the score fanaticism 8that I am guilty of with regards to k/d and hit %), the game becomes a lot more fun.

Almso noticed that when i do not stay near my Trsuted Friends And Generally Great Guys And Pilots in JG2, I get few 6 calls and only some of the more experienced pilots risk their hides to help me out.

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2