Author Topic: maps  (Read 3607 times)

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
maps
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2007, 04:20:46 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Aren't your genration the one that has brought up and infulenced the development of these children via parenting,grandparenting, example setting and politically influencing them into what they are today?

I think we're using "kids" in a developmental, rather than age, sense.  "Instant gratification types" would have worked, too.

- oldman

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
maps
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2007, 04:25:20 PM »
hey sorry for the hijack but oldman tell oldboy i had a fun time dueling him in me jug :)
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
maps
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2007, 08:08:40 PM »
Originally posted by Anyone
the reply was aimed at skuzzy.... dont want maps to make it easy for milkrunners as its bad for game, yet we have 2 servers that are milkrunner arenas.

any "new" person coming into AH currently has 2 choices... get owned by vets, or capture bases/toolshed in other 2 arenas with no chance of dying.

when people learn to play the game this way its BAD, as skuzzy said, yet he is supplying 2 arenas just for that.

Aiming at Skuzzy is futile. Skuzzy is not the decision maker at HTC. Besides...he has been supplied with Kevlar undies for occassions such as this.:)

As for new people getting owned by the "vets"....that is part of the game. You get better by competing against better opponents. I have to agree with the responses you got from others...it's all about the McDonald's Generation. They want everything NOW.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
maps
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2007, 08:15:01 PM »
The maps rarely get reset now days anyway. Just about every map is a stalemate between Bish and Rooks for days on end. The only ones that ever seem to get reset by winning are the small maps with lots of V bases.
"strafing"

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
maps
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2007, 02:22:13 AM »
Originally posted by Anyone
any "new" person coming into AH currently has 2 choices... get owned by vets, or capture bases/toolshed in other 2 arenas with no chance of dying.

when people learn to play the game this way its BAD, as skuzzy said, yet he is supplying 2 arenas just for that.

Somehow you miss the point. If you are new you cannot come into this game, grab some plane, takeoff and expect not to die. It is not an arcade game. It is not Laura Croft Tomb Raider where if you just up X number of times you are gonna get to the next level. It doesn't work that way. You're not jumping into some race car where you turn the wheel left or right and stomp on gas and brakes and everything works.

Unfortunately, I've found alot of people actually think they can do it without help. When they finally figure out 'NOT!" they tend to gravitate toward easier game play in AH2. You might relate it to some noob usnig a mouse. Yes, you can take off and fly around using a mouse. But, be competitive in the air combat environment? NOT! But, you can get by in a bomber or a tank.

The real question you need to ask yourself is this...How many people do you see that have come into this game, watch all these aerial dogfights going on, and really say to themselves..."this is a pretty cool game! I can't wait to be a bomber pilot! Where do I begin?" or "Yep! The ole Top Gun movie sure is cool and all that fancy pilot stuff is great but I just wanna drive a tank"

Don't get me wrong there are actually a few people in this game that really do want to drive a tank over anything else. That's fine. But the majority of those who would be fighter pilots gave up because they were AFRAID TO ASK FOR HELP.

The learning curve is steep but there sure are alot of fairly good sticks up there shooting each other down. I guess that means they learned over the years. It also means you can to if you really want to.

Or, you can milkrun an unarmed field if that's what floats your boat. It doesn't bother me or 90% of the folks up flying in the least. I'll know I'll be up there...shooting at some dude in his spudfire.

Did you know that every AH2 fighter pilot can also bomb and drive a tank and just about do it all, including all that hot dogfighting in the air?

Ren
The Damned

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
maps
« Reply #80 on: June 14, 2007, 07:46:42 AM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
hey sorry for the hijack but oldman tell oldboy i had a fun time dueling him in me jug :)

Done.  He concurs; I'm sure you two will be meeting again.

- oldman

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
maps
« Reply #81 on: June 14, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »
PLEASE CHANGE THE MAPS.

Thank You
:cry :cry :cry
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
maps
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »
hmm there was a post a few weeks back about the kill stats per country, and zazen quoted the last few years of AH stats and showed the tends that stay the exact same since almost day 1 (knits last, bish 2nd, rooks 1st)... anyway in the quotes was the talk of the first year of AH1 beta test and going into final within that year.

and it said something along the lines of "After 1000s of resets on MAisles these are the results".

ie the island map was the only map back then, and seems to be the only map today too.... ah we've come full circle :(

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Skuzzy is not the decision maker at HTC.

i havent seen or heard much from anyone but pyro nd skuzzy, where is HT? trying to avoid the constant communal outcry for them to just realease some of the maps they already have sitting in a folder?

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
maps
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2007, 11:41:50 AM »

i havent seen or heard much from anyone but pyro nd skuzzy, where is HT? trying to avoid the constant communal outcry for them to just realease some of the maps they already have sitting in a folder?

Right, HT just sits around the office and says "What map can I rathole today just to annoy my customers?". Stop and think about it. If they had the maps ready, what logical reason would they have for sitting on them? If they had the resources, why wouldn't they be cranking out new maps? Do you seriously think they enjoy reading map whines?

Fortunately for HTC, the "constant communal outcry" you speak of is more like the same group of whiners constantly complaining.

If the people complaining about maps spent half that time learning to use the map editor, there might be more new maps.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
maps
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2007, 12:22:28 PM »

Yea, its not like he has a buisness to run, a whole new game system to code, and pleanty of decisions to make.  Geez.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2007, 12:28:59 PM »
I've noticed that the AvA arena has very large maps, yet very few players.  Still, the fight really usually ends up between two bases in the vast AvA universe.

Any reason why we can't use some of those maps in the MA?  You'd have to manipulate the countries a little bit, but that should be fairly easy I'd think.

Just an idea.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
maps
« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2007, 01:10:58 PM »
Fortunately for HTC, the "constant communal outcry" you speak of is more like the same group of whiners constantly complaining.

Is there a way we can stage a sit-in at HT headquarters?????

Our chant "HELL NO WE WON'T GO, HELL NO WE WONT GO" :O
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline SEraider

• Silver Member
maps
« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2007, 01:12:24 PM »
Originally posted by SEraider

Is there a way we can stage a sit-in at HT headquarters?????

Our chant "HELL NO WE WON'T GO, HELL NO WE WONT GO" :O

Sorry, i meant to quote Nobaddy on the top phrase:furious
* I am the embodiment of Rule #14
* History is only recent.
* Stick and Stones won't break my bones, but names could "hurt" me.

CO Screaming Eagles

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
maps
« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2007, 01:25:55 PM »
Why would they pay anyone to make new maps, or revise old ones? When was the last staff map released? How many player maps have been released since then? Why buy the cow when the milk is free? If the milk stops flowing- letem drink water, when they get tired of water, someone will milk the cow again...........

Clearly we have been shown that new maps is not a priority HTC is currently considering for AH2. Personally I like to think they have abunch of new maps they have been working on for years, and they will be released with COD in........................... 2 weeks:furious
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 01:29:22 PM by Atoon »
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*