Author Topic: is there anything worse in AH than to get called out to the DA...  (Read 1173 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
is there anything worse in AH than to get called out to the DA...
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
[$10 on skycock :D]

$10? I bet like $1000.....hehe
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2007, 08:19:33 AM »
Don't make the mistake of underestimating Wetrat.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »
Oh, I DO know how good wetrat is! :) That's why I want to fight him... always looking for someone better than me.
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2007, 11:04:01 AM »
Originally posted by Furball
[$10 on skycock :D]
SkyCock needs more practice for me :aok
Army of Muppets

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2007, 11:13:19 AM »
About the only time I ever get challenged to the DA is from someone I just put in the tower.  Lucky shot, you HOed me etc.  So what?  They are dead, I am not.  And now they want to take me to the DA to prove they're the better pilot?  Let me save y'all some time.  Plain and simple, I am probably the worst pilot in Aces High.  And to you uber pilots that feel the need to prove what studs you are, you rock dudes.  You are the ace of aces.  I am dirt.  I don't deserve to be in the same arena as you.  BUT, your in the tower.  :D

So it was a lucky shot.  DUH !  :rofl   :aok

LTARsqrl  <>

P.S.  You don't want me to HO you?  Don't get in front of me. :aok

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: is there anything worse in AH than to get called out to the DA...
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 11:14:55 AM »
Yes toonces3.   You could be like Storch and run your mouth for years and not have the "sack" to back it up.    So yes, there is a lower rung on the ladder.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »
If your not a friend of mine, whatever side you're on, don't bother whining for a DA duel (not that my friends ever whine actually).  As LTARsqrl intoned, it's only those who got their butts STUPIDLY handed to them that cry for a opportunity to salve their ego from the Tower.  Poor babies!

1v1 is great fun, and happens occasionally in the MA's, but 1v1 skill alone doesn't make someone an ace pilot (IMO), not in a full-blown combat arena.  SA skills, snapshot reflexes, tactical assessement and anticipation, coordination and cooperation with teammates, along WITH decent ACM skill, is what makes a really good pilot.  Nothing but pulling better G's is of any use in the DA.

I, for one, don't plan to help bolster some cry babies' ego and sense of self-worth by stopping MY fun in the MA to go to the DA, when he hasn't got the balls to just take it, and maybe give a salute if he was well and fairly hosed.

Final note.  After years of moonlight work as a bounce and bodyguard, I learned two absolute truths of life.  No matter how 'BAD' you think you are, there is ALWAYS somebody who is better, and it could just be that little, innoculous-looking runt in front of you (he was a ranked welter-weight, I found out afterwards, and drunk to boot). lol

And two, never give a sucker (meaning anyone who lets me kill them in AH) an even break.  No offense intended.     (no defense either, lol).
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 10:58:58 PM »
I've called someone out once. It was a 2nd or 3rd month spray-and-pray newbie countryman who I narrowly avoided killshooter as he dropped under 200yds in front of me, then proceeded to spray wildly on a con I was engaged with to steal the kill (I was about 400 out of the bad guy) and had the nerve to tell me to learn how to fly.

For some reason I just CAN'T fathom he declined and pretty much shut up after that.

:rolleyes:
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 02:20:08 AM »
The DA game is a completely different game.  Dont confuse the DA game with the MA game.  Just because you are good in he MA game does NOT mean you are going to be good in the DA game.  However, if you are good in the DA game , chances are your going to be good in the MA game.

Having said that, most of the top notch DA gamers I have known are F'wads.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2007, 02:23:38 AM »
innoculous-

Huh?   Is someone giving out vaccinations?

:D

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2007, 02:45:53 AM »
:lol
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline sonic23

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2007, 02:47:07 AM »
you want to know what's worst:
Calling someone out to the DA and then getting owned by them.
now that has to be embarassing:lol  like the time lazerr thought his 38 could beat  me in a 16. samething with yucca and his 47:rofl
Sonic23 ++Blue Knights++
Sonic27 -==Hell Hounds==-

Offline CFYA

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2007, 03:59:16 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Having said that, most of the top notch DA gamers I have known are F'wads.

^^ Agreed!!!

CFYA

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: is there anything worse in AH than to get called out to the DA...
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2007, 09:05:56 AM »
Originally posted by toonces3
....after mouthing off to someone, and then get beat?

Well, last night I asked how to squelch oAV8TORo on ch 200, which was sort of rude, but I really didn't know how to squelch him.

Anyway, he got understandably bugged by that, and challenged me to the DA.  Of course I accepted and I expected to school this dude on the hard knocks of life.

And, of course, he schools me 2-0.  No excuses, I got plain old beat.

I told him I'd tell everyone on ch. 200 that he pwned me, but I got wrapped up with family duties tonight after our fight.  So, I'm humiliating myself on the forum instead.

Nice fight oAV8TORo and you were right to call me out.  

Toonces3 out.

First off, if "called out to the DA" I just say "no thank-you dweeb shut up and fly". DA fighting is a whole different ball game. There are a bunch of tricks people use to get the "edge" in the fight, and only proves one guy knows more tricks.

As to your situation, you owe this guy nothing. You pointing out you got beat here shows you have some class, him challenging you shows he has none. "Clubbing baby seals" shows nothing, other than he can stroke his small ego. Face it, your new on the game and your going to get beat by pretty much everybody for awhile, it was the same for all of us.

oAV8TORo isn't as new as his score shows. He just joined the dweeb squad whos only qualification is you MUST be annoying on the radio at all times, so he had better get used to being squelched, and reported for that matter. Looking at his score you can see he's a HO bird, and as about half of his flights end in his own death he's not very good at it.

Don't worry about dorks like this one, play the game, have fun!!

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
Originally posted by The Fugitive
and as about half of his flights end in his own death he's not very good at it

I survive about 1/3 of my sorties on average... I must suck too :huh :aok

The oTARDo guys really are terrible tho.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:39:44 AM by wetrat »
Army of Muppets