Author Topic: Why are "some" good sticks bad losers ?  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
Why are good sticks bad losers ?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 12:11:57 PM »
The only times I can remember getting on 200 after a fight and harrassing someone was after they ran for a couple sectors and then flew through ack.

And even after that I usually just call them pathetic...

BnZ'ers, HO'ers, gangbangs... none of that really bothers me. It's the people that make me chase them all over the map that annoy the crap out of me.

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »

If Vulched I wont Salute Back
If you Ganged me I won Salute BAck
If you Cherried me I wont Salute BAck
If you Ran For 2 sectors then turned around when i broke off and then HO'ed me I wont Salute BAck..

If Vulched no
If ganged in a 1 vs 4 or so situation and I kill several of them, I will them all. If ganged and I kill all of them, I send out a rapid .s to all of them:)
If cherried I wont
If they ran at all and I got bored and one of us died (him or me) I wont
If I felt I did not fly to the best of my abilities and they me I will say "nah don't me I didn't put up a good fight" or something like that

Basically I only 1 on 1 or if it was a fun fight

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2007, 12:58:52 PM »
Originally posted by Oldman731
There are alternative views.  

Bad losers are making excuses, rather than learning from their errors.  Possibly it makes them feel better about themselves, but it hardly spurs improvement.

I agree with Phil's point that it's important to remember that the new guy you shot is (usually) trying hard, and benefits from encouragement, rather that taunting.  

I except from the foregoing those who vulch and or gang.

- oldman

I didn't necessarily say that the bad losers then rant about it on Ch.200,  I bet most of these silent vets kick themselves every time they lose.

My point was, people (generally) dont get anywhere by simply accepting defeat.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2007, 01:09:09 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
I didn't necessarily say that the bad losers then rant about it on Ch.200,  I bet most of these silent vets kick themselves every time they lose.

My point was, people (generally) dont get anywhere by simply accepting defeat.

I think I've only ever said something on 200 two or three times after getting shot down and it's usually a pretty lame one-liner but man, my foot hurts.  :)

And I REALLY hate it when I get beat :furious , go back looking for revenge :t and get beat again :confused: :(
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2007, 01:13:24 PM »
phil

you shouldnt believe rank or score mean all that much,they dont.

im not an old timer but ive been in AH for four years now, this is by far the greatist game ever made, {worth the headaches it causes sometimes}  

my rank and score suk, but i only fly fighters, {for the most part anyway,i just cannot bomb or gv so i dont} plus i love the dogfight.
  im not the best in here, but i know how to dog fight and 1vs1 I win 8 out of 10 times in MA. we know how often 1vs1 happens in MA, so i die far more often then not... i wont whine on 200 and i will give a to those who deserve it... a classic example of one who doesnt deserve a ... I'm engaged with 3 nme cons fighting my prettythang off  working them down, dodging there slashing attacks, all the time draining there e... killing one or starting to put rounds into one. when a new nme out of nowhere takes me out...
       SA is most important for the MA...   if you want to survive long dont do what i do... by flying towards the biggest red dar you can find... fight till you have no bullits...or you are dead.

i guess all im saying is this game rocks, and
dont sweat the petty stuff, just pet the sweaty stuff
          :cool:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2007, 01:18:32 PM »
Then there is that group of old timers like myself who just can't take any of this seriously :)

Since I tend to fly low most of the time, I'll ask folks to come down and play.

Other then that, I'm generally of the opinion that 99% of the folks playing this game are good people and treat them as such.

As long as they keep giving me a new 38G after I die, I see no reason to make excuses:aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2007, 01:45:04 PM »
Most of the "good" sticks that are bad losers aren't even good. I talk some smack on occasion, but mostly to tardlets that I just shot down, runners, or particularly terrible gang-tards. The better sticks in here tend to be a bit more humble, and just berate all of you in private/skwad channels :aok
Army of Muppets

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2007, 01:51:03 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
Most of the "good" sticks that are bad losers aren't even good.
Well duh!!! Good sticks don't lose.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 01:52:27 PM »
Sometimes if they're  really going ballistic, I'll do a
////.squelch   on 200

like I accidentally hit slash too many times.  Drives them CRAZY.
Then I squelch them for real.
:D

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 01:53:31 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
Most of the "good" sticks that are bad losers aren't even good. I talk some smack on occasion, but mostly to tardlets that I just shot down, runners, or particularly terrible gang-tards. The better sticks in here tend to be a bit more humble, and just berate all of you in private/skwad channels :aok

Youuuuu suck!  Ya jackazz!
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 01:57:21 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Well duh!!! Good sticks don't lose.

Old people suck:D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 02:05:57 PM »
Originally posted by Furball
Youuuuu suck!  Ya jackazz!

I did get this reference.

Offline 2bighorn

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 02:06:43 PM »
Originally posted by dedalos
Old people suck:D
Blame cheap china import dentures :noid

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 02:43:16 PM »
Originally posted by 2bighorn
Blame cheap china import dentures :noid

And the cat.  You know, I just realised something.  That is not a lag cheat that I seeyou use in the DA.  Its just the lag generated by your age.  You know, old person, big car, hehehehe :D
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline rod367th

• Silver Member
problem is
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 03:19:48 PM »
75% can't tell or know dif between HO and deflection shot, over years i 've posted many films after someones rant, saying i ho'ed. only 1out of many came on boards said sorry you were right deflection shot and that was BUBA. others whine 200 post film you post and they just slump away. When I played I filmed every sortie, end of day only saved ones with rants or vebal pms./ and fights i lost those ones you learn from.

best fighter pilots never up near top of rankings. And if you want to know who is going for score just check bomb % only way to get over 500 % is to bomb unarmed strat.

with aces highs rules you can kill squadmates over and over or friends as XXXXX does. so you can't even trust fighter ranks of some. Batfink aka mechinac is right only true test DA and find out if your near best.