Author Topic: Simulated Home Cockpit  (Read 2224 times)

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: My unfinished home-cockpit is for sale...cheap
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 07:16:14 PM »
Originally posted by sparow
Hi guys,

Had to stop before divorce!...

It's a real Fiat G-91 R3 cockpit. A wreck, but real. Built by Dornier in Germany, probably ex-BundesLuftwaffe, from a huge batch received by the Portuguese Air Force in the 70's.

[/IMG]

Hope you like it, come and get it! It's all yours for 500 usd.

Sparow
249 Sqn RAF "Gold Coast"

lol that's pretty awesome.. I'm sure someone could make a nice simpit out of that.. :noid
"strafing"

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
re: TalonX
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »
Even if the old website, if you have the old url, is no longer accessable, Google may very well still have their cache of it, and maybe access to the photos and save to your PC.  The more info going into Google doing searches, queried various ways, yields different results, is better.  I usually wade a few pages into their listings.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Simulated Home Cockpit
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 09:53:47 PM »
If you got Nasty's simpit to load up mine should work too. It does take longer as it has a lot of pictures to load. Here are a couple from the page.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
re: The Fugitive
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 11:17:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Maybe that's it, I need to wait a little while for pics to load up.  Nice setup your F4U, thanks for photos.  Somebody ought to compile a book, like Fine Woodworking did for workbenches.

The only space I have to make a simpit is my attic----old Victorian house.  Been wanting to remodel up there.

Offline doch202

• Zinc Member
      • http://flightcontrolsimulator.com
Simulated Home Cockpit
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 11:55:47 AM »
Glad you like my Dream Flyer. Yes it is very simple but a real pain to make work properly. A company has recently obtained rights to my patents and will be buillding a production model. So far the results are less than satisfactory in my eyes but they are remedying the problems and will have a couple of units at Oshkosh. The production units are very pretty and work very well and once the trim and throttle issues are dealt with very close to perfect. I have a yoke version on the drawing board and an entirely new gimble arrangement but they a both at least a year away. Thanks again for your comments

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Simulated Home Cockpit
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2007, 05:22:21 PM »
Originally posted by RAIDER14
I'm guessing you have to to pay admission to get in the museum and to use the simulator while these guys built their own and use them for free, beat that

And spent 4-5 years building it with tons of patience and loads of mess-ups.  beat that
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Simulated Home Cockpit
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2007, 09:53:00 AM »
Mine cost just under $200, and took me about 5 months to build in my "spare time" <---- like I have any idea what that is any more :cry

Since the pictures, I've removed the 21 inch monitor and installed a 19 inch LCD, with the extra room under the "windshield" I built a door into the windshield and stuck my printer in behind the LCD. Changed out a few speakers, and now have true 5.1 surround sound. And with this thing sitting in the other room, "da wife" knows where I am and is very content I'm home and not out causing trouble  :t

Offline miraj

• Copper Member
Simulated Home Cockpit
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
I'm sure most of you have seen mine already, just in case , here: