Author Topic: Knight Rook or Bish  (Read 8995 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #270 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:02 AM »
Originally posted by Anyone

Knits: Why have we lost war? we still have bases?
Knits: Why do we always loose?
Me: :rolleyes:
Toad: Why would anyone care? The war starts over immediately. The same war, same planes, same opportunities, pretty much all the same players. The game goes on; it's like losing a hand at poker when you are playing for matchsticks. No loss. The FIGHT is the thing.

Unless you believe that stuff about the free Hawaiian vacation........:rolleyes:

Fixed.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #271 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:01 AM »
"Toad: Why would anyone care? The war starts over immediately. The same war, same planes, same opportunities, pretty much all the same players. The game goes on; it's like losing a hand at poker when you are playing for matchsticks. No loss. The FIGHT is the thing".

If you really dont care then the whole thing has no meaning. The more you care the more exciting the game becomes. No one plays to loose they play to win because they enjoy it more. They enjoy it more because they winning is more fun than losing.

Some players clearly and quite rightly play for score like Tennis or Golf others want to play as a team and win as a team.

Its the winning as a team we would like to experience a bit more in Knights    
:D
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #272 on: June 20, 2007, 09:11:58 AM »
I win or lose every 10 mins or so ! No need to wait till a map is reset. Up the aircraft of your choice, fly it to intercept enemys, and fight with it. If you win, find another enemy, if you loose, up a new aircraft.

The dynamics of each fight is new and refeshing, an endless supply of fun and challanges!!

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #273 on: June 20, 2007, 09:13:33 AM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
"Toad: Why would anyone care? The war starts over immediately. The same war, same planes, same opportunities, pretty much all the same players. The game goes on; it's like losing a hand at poker when you are playing for matchsticks. No loss. The FIGHT is the thing".

If you really dont care then the whole thing has no meaning. The more you care the more exciting the game becomes. No one plays to loose they play to win because they enjoy it more. They enjoy it more because they winning is more fun than losing.

Some players clearly and quite rightly play for score like Tennis or Golf others want to play as a team and win as a team.

And some play to win the next fight.  A good match-up can be pretty exciting.

No right or wrong here in either sides statements.  I play for each of the above reasons at different times.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #274 on: June 20, 2007, 09:22:51 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive

The dynamics of each fight is new and refeshing, an endless supply of fun and challanges!!

I ve got a goldfish you might like to meet:D

No sorry couldn't resist what I said before and the other one "no ones right here and each person can enjoy it in there own way and each team has good and bad and we are all the same and blah blah, platitude, platitude.................... ............................. ............................. ............................. ............................. .................. :cry
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #275 on: June 20, 2007, 09:24:15 AM »
Me: hey knits need help at P4 base flashing
Knits: silence
Me: knits, they deacking P4.... P4 will reset map
Me: hey knits HUGE mission ib P4, reset coming.
Knits: we vulching A1 come join us
Me Squad channel: please do fighter sweep mission at P4
Squad channel: we settin up fighter sweep at A1, come join us.
Me: KNITS, MASS mission ib P4
Knits: STFU
Squad channel:You coming on mission?
System: War has been won by Rooks
Knits: WTF HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, THIS IS BULL****
Knits: OMG Why didnt anyone tell us.
Knits: this sucks im landing 9 vulches from A1
Squad channel: huh wtf?

Its sounds like them nits dont like Anyone :rofl :rofl :rofl
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #276 on: June 20, 2007, 10:02:04 AM »
furballers only want to furball where theres a big green dar bar, not a big red one

:lol You don't really know what you're talking about! And that's pretty weird, considering the people you have in your squad.... Bat, please, take him in some fighter sweep! I guess Slapshot's right... stinky bait!

Yarbles, again, I think you're not correct: people look at the channel, always, no matter what the discussion is about... if they don't, it's because their fighting... but I can assure you that people will ignore repeated, annoying, all bold messages....

Dedalos ---> :rofl
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #277 on: June 20, 2007, 10:09:21 AM »
Originally posted by Gianlupo
:Yarbles, again, I think you're not correct: people look at the channel, always, no matter what the discussion is about... if they don't, it's because their fighting... but I can assure you that people will ignore repeated, annoying, all bold messages....

Dedalos ---> :rofl

Its not my experience but  I agree with you about the Mossie   :aok
DFC/GFC/OAP

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #278 on: June 20, 2007, 11:43:53 AM »
Good! We found a common point! :D
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2007, 01:55:09 PM »
i dont blame the horders or milkrunners, i blame the defenders for not defending.

if you can make attack missions, why not make defence missions?

if a country can work together (rooks) why call them gangers? Just because rooks are slightly more organised than the other 2 countries does that make them gangers? no, they are just working as a team.

apparently this isnt a team game, so why 3 teams? why not FFA quake instead?

With Rooks base defense is a hit or a miss. Sometimes I'll see an "Alert P4" or what ever base go up and next thing you know 20 guys are defending that base. Then on the flip side you can see an alert go up and only 2 or 3 guys will up to defend.

I think it all comes down to momentum in this game. At least that's what I see with Rooks and even Bish. Seems if your team is on a roll it's easy to get guys to join missions and defend bases.

On the flip side if your team is getting rolled, then it's much harder to get help at base defense and to attack bases.

Knights just don't seem to be into land grabbing, except for when the sun and the moon and Pluto all line up. If you are into capturing bases and defending them, IMO the best bet is to fly Rook or Bish.

Knights IMO just don't seem to care, except for once in a great while they will go on a roll and get the momentum going. Honestly though I can't remember the last time I saw the message that the war has been won by the Knights.

Not bashing on the Nits.. just stating what I see.
"strafing"

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »
Where do the guys who switch to the side with lowest numbers fit in?

I guess we're probably like the Knights, mostly. Just showed up for the fight, the tears and the beers.

:)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RedTop

• Platinum Member
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #281 on: June 20, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »
Originally posted by Yarbles
snip... The more you care the more exciting the game becomes.

2 things here....

Wrong about the top...and Dont play golf.
Original Member and Former C.O. 71 sqd. RAF Eagles

Offline ForrestS

• Nickel Member
      • http://freewebs.com/link850
Knight Rook or Bish
« Reply #282 on: June 20, 2007, 07:38:14 PM »
Me: hey knits need help at P4 base flashing
Me: knits, they deacking P4.... P4 will reset map
Me: hey knits HUGE mission ib P4, reset coming.
Knits: we vulching A1 come join us
Me Squad channel: please do fighter sweep mission at P4
Squad channel: we settin up fighter sweep at A1, come join us.
Me: KNITS, MASS mission ib P4
Knits: STFU
Squad channel:You coming on mission?
System: War has been won by Rooks
Knits: WTF HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, THIS IS BULL****
Knits: OMG Why didnt anyone tell us.
Knits: this sucks im landing 9 vulches from A1
Squad channel: huh wtf?

DUDE YOU ARE EXCATLY RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!:O

Ive had this happen before on the Uterus map.