Author Topic: A poll of sorts!  (Read 1536 times)

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 07:41:01 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
views?  I just look forward, and fly in circles to see whats behind me.

I really doubt this.

Offline MotorOil1

• Copper Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 07:44:35 PM »
Use to use the keypad when I was running the old MS stick.  Now I've converted to the hat on the Saitek.
MoterOil
-=Most Wanted=-
"These are detestable murderers and scumbags. They detest our freedoms, they detest our society, they detest our liberties." - General Hillier July 14, 2005, on Osama bin Laden and his ilk

Offline scot12b

• Silver Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »
JB21 and Creton had me map my X52 with their View set up wow :aok  I never touch the key Board:O :O

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 07:48:46 PM »
Originally posted by scot12b
JB21 and Creton had me map my X52 with their View set up wow :aok  I never touch the key Board:O :O

just your views? I'll have to find them...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2007, 07:49:57 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Q and W for flaps, numpad to look around, P for wep.  Throttle's on the left side of the base of my CH stick though.

Bout the same for me.  Hat switches for views but keyboard for wep, gear and flaps...Not that my 38G has wep, but on those occasions where I'm in a J :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2007, 08:05:30 PM »
Originally posted by thndregg
Although Saitek makes great game gear, they seem to overlook short fingers, even after adjustments.

...Carnies. Circus folk. Nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.

Offline Pawz

• Nickel Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »
I have everything on my throttle and stick. I use microstick for rudders my legs are to long for the pedals. All my views are on my stick and my look up is on throttle.
When I die bury me in a P38.

I watch day after day, week after week, tour after tour, the Bishops and Rooks take bases and win maps while the Knights stand there with their thumbs stuck in their butts. It's just pathetic!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
I have always and do now use my keyboard for views.  A hat doesn't have all the perturbations by itself, and I use my hat switch for toggling zoom on and off and for zooming in and out (hat up for toggle zoom, left for zoom out, right for zoom in).

Offline 715

• Silver Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2007, 08:50:13 PM »
Stick for simple views, check six, local radio, and WEP.  Keyboard for everything else, including many views.

I never use the buttons on the base of my MS FF2.  I can never remember what they are mapped to, and it's inconvenient to move my left hand from the keyboard over to the stick to use them anyway.

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2007, 08:52:19 PM »
Hat Switch :D
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2007, 09:12:10 PM »
Man you guys really need to move into the 21st century. I suppose you guys are still using rotary dial telephones too. I use the Joystick for everything imaginable. I can show many of you how to setup an X52 for optimum Keyboardless fighting. Of course for everything else I use a command pad (also saitek) and of course CH rudder pedals. There is almost nothing in the game I don't have setup to some sort of one button control. Salvo's, speeds, autopilots ect. ect.
If you want me to elaborate, just ask.:cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2007, 09:15:33 PM »
I bet you have a mic button on the stik to quickly yell at everyone fer gettin near "your" kill after they save you...rofl..Woooooooooooooowo ooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

Offline eh

• Copper Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »
Between my Saitek gamer's keypad (27 programmable functions) and a MSFFPro stick with all its buttons, I have been using hat switches for views since I first started playing years ago. I never thought of using the Saitek gamer's keyboard pad for programming views, and then using the hatswitch for other functions, but I may have to. My last MSFFPro stick's hat switch (right position) is deteriorating fast ... hitting it with a hammer to get it to work for a sortie or two is a little extreme, but it works! So far.

I'm impressed by all the great sticks who use the numpad keys for views. I think I will have to try it, or a TrackIR.

Offline eh

• Copper Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
I bet you have a mic button on the stik to quickly yell at everyone fer gettin near "your" kill after they save you...rofl..Woooooooooooooowo ooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

Nope, we never save SHawk! We wait until he dies and THEN we steal his kill! It's a lot easier that way.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
A poll of sorts!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 09:47:30 PM »
all this talk of sticks?!  I use a touch pad for controls and the numbers across the top of my 13 inch laptop to play....

:noid
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++