Author Topic: locked out again  (Read 1422 times)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
locked out again
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2007, 07:36:32 AM »
My point was if you want to fly with your squad in AH, you can.

As long as you place limits on what you are willing to do within the framework of the game, you probably will find a way to make it the games fault you can't fly together.

It's easy to make it happen if it is important to you.

It's the "It's easy" that's arguable.  And it's a bit of a stretch to argue that when 6 guys have to RTB and change arena's because another discoed, it's "the player"  finding a way to blame the game.  

But as you have said and as I was trying to say, it's the friendships that are important - and in the end, liable to dictate where the squad flies.  The guys I'm flying with are guys I've known and counted on as close friends both inside the game and in real life for years - and across more than one sim.

And if one sim continually challenges your ability to share a few hours a week of covering each others butts in cartoon aircraft (which was the usually initial impetus for those friendships to begin with) - then there is - to my mind - cause for concern.  

And that telling each person that complains that they can "simply" be content to fly in another arena and STFU is addressing a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
locked out again
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »
You guys are whiny and demanding. It's just that simple.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
locked out again
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2007, 03:29:30 PM »
Originally posted by hubsonfire
You guys are whiny and demanding. It's just that simple.

I bow to your superior wisdom.  If you don't think it's a problem, then obviously it can't be.  

Grue

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
locked out again
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2007, 04:59:31 PM »
Look, I play the same game, on the same servers, with the same people. I play during late evenings, and late nights EST, and while I've also been kept out of an arena due to caps being reached, I have always been able to get into the full arena within a few minutes. Occasionally, another squaddie won't be able to get in (probably too lazy to go through the simple log in/log out routine), or we'll hear that there's a better fight in the smaller arena, and foomf, off we go. Quit, online arenas, select arena, OK, and we're all in one place again.

I have some trouble believing that people are completely locked out and isolated from their squads/friends etc due to the arena setup. I find it much more likely that people don't wish to make any adjustments, even for their squaddies or "friends", and this inflexibility (a trait common to many people around here as of late, and one that seems to cause a good deal of grumbling) is simply ignored as a possible factor, and the arena setup becomes the great evil.

I won't be too terribly upset if HTC does make some changes, but I don't think the arena caps are this terrible hinderance that some folks claim.

Should have just quoted Dan, and saved a lot of words you won't read.

Originally posted by Guppy35
As long as you place limits on what you are willing to do within the framework of the game, you probably will find a way to make it the games fault you can't fly together.

He's a sharp one. :aok
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 05:04:51 PM by hubsonfire »
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
locked out again
« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
hub, it's never kept me from doing what I want to do in the game either, except for a couple of minutes at a time.

I do worry though when you start seeing names that have a couple of years or more on the registration date, and not many posts, complaining. Just because a problem doesn't affect me doesn't mean that it's not tearing someone else to pieces.  

It concerms me because I've seen it before - and while the changes that caused all the consternation with the squads in WB never really affected me directly either (I was in an "all allied" squadron so the AVA didn't split us up, and we didn't need to add or remove members so the form/join bugs didn't mess us up meet after meet either). but  after a year or so  and with the loss of a number of the "core" squadrons,  the sim had radically changed.

That did affect me - and by then it was too late.

Grue