Author Topic: My apologies for my behavior  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Mighty01

• Zinc Member
My apologies for my behavior
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 09:41:22 PM »
I sent a pm to Scot12B
Mighty01 wrote on 06-09-2007 09:01 PM:
I was wrong about you head on shooting me Scot12B. I reviewed my film and was told to look at it from your planes view. You definitley had a top side view of my plane. I apologize for accusing you of this.

salute
Mighty01

i made the accusation in public, and i am going to apologize for it in public.

salute
Mighty01

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »
Maybe this wont get Skuzzified after all.

The CMs are still talking this out and will put out a response.

I will all parties involved and I agree, it did get a little heated.
Situations like this my sense of humor goes out the door and I'll apologize for that.
Of course when do I ever have a sense of humor??
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 10:38:17 PM »
Originally posted by Mighty01
I sent a pm to Scot12B

i made the accusation in public, and i am going to apologize for it in public.

salute
Mighty01

Mighty, I do apologize for being so quick to "newb" you out, seems I have learned that no other channels are to be communicated on during KOTH, this was not ever a rule in any earlier KOTH's that I was a part of and if it was, I was unaware!  So I apologize for implying that you knew nothing when maybe I had some learning to do!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2007, 11:28:27 PM »
Mighty01  :aok    
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline Fianna

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2007, 11:42:14 PM »
Mighty01 is a muppet shade?;)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 12:39:39 AM »
Originally posted by Fianna

OK now, this just settled down so lets not start another conTROVersy.

I'm going to have to leave killshooter on or forget to turn friendlycollisions off much more next month to keep your minds on other things.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 03:54:51 PM »
Originally posted by Fianna

Fester is a trouble maker....
-AoM-

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
The Official Response.
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2007, 05:48:49 PM »
Several issues cropped up during FriKOTH of June 8th. These issues pertained to the atitude cap, not taking obvious shots at squadmates during an engagement, intra-squad communications during a round of fighting and to a small degree the way a fight is fought.

1) The altitude cap of 6k feet. We do have a rule saying you must not go above 6,000' during the engagement. If you break 6k before the **FIGHT IS ON** call we allow you to get under it before we start the fight. However once that fight is started anytime you know you broke 6k you should end flight immediately and disqualify yourself. We have many people that do DQ themselves for that reason. You should be monitoring your altimeter to make sure you do not go above it. We had a few people break 6k on June 8th and they kept flying. One broke it by almost 4k and one was just barely over 6k. We were inclined to forgive the latter but we notified both they had broken it. After all, if you break it by a little or alot, in the end you still broke it. If you film a flight the display at the right listing names, plane type and altitude you will notice the altitude will not be accurately listed. For future reference if that display reads 6.1k you are in violation of the 6k rule and will be considered a DQ for that round. It technically changes from 6.0k to 6.1k at roughly 6,050 feet of altitude but remember, once you hit 6,001 feet the strong updraft will catch you and shoot you up rather quickly. You should remember this if you like to cruise close to the 6k alt cap. You should also monitor your altimeter extra carefully if you do cruise near the 6k cap. If there is any question of a KOTHer breaking altitude he will be required to send in a film to prove he was under it. If you have no film you do not have proof and will be considered to have broken the 6k cap.

2) Not shooting at squadmates during an engagement. We witnessed during engagements squadmates not taking obvious gun shots at other squadmates. We mention when going over the rules that is considered winging and is against the rules. You should fight like every target is ripe if it passes infront of your plane and you have a gun solution on that target. Ideally we would set icons to plane type only so you would not know the gameIDs of any targets but the game settings do not allow this. You should fight every target like you do not know who it is and take a shot if you have a gun solution.

3) Intrasquad communications during a round. Any private communications during a round relating in any manner to the ongoing fight are prohibited and are considered winging also, even if said in a humerous fashion. If you have anything to say it should be said or typed in public remembering that KOTH is not a chatroom and you should not try to distract other players with random chitchat. Another thing to remember is this, if one squadmate talks in private to another he gets them both in trouble. If you have a squadmate talking privately you should tell him to stop in the open on country or on 101. Ideally we would have only three radios working, one for CMs to use for event related broadcasts, one for people to use after the fight while waiting for the next round or watching ongoing fights, and one for public conversations which of course should be kept to a minimum so players still fighting would not be distracted.

4) The way a fight is fought. Whether you are aggressive or passive in your fighting style you should be flying and fighting to win the round and ultimately KOTH. This means not intentionally giving up an obvious advantage to fight on equal terms.

We will ask all KOTHers to film their fights. At any time a KOTH CM may ask you to send your film in if there is any question regarding the rules. It is all of our duty to keep an eye on things and keep the event squeaky clean as it's impossible for the hosting CM to watch everything thats going on. It's also your duty to point out anything you think is in violation of the rules whether it's obvious or not. Anyone who wins a KOTH surely wants to win on the up-and-up and not have their win tainted in any way, shape or form.
KOTH CMs also like to fly in the event and any additional eyes are appreciated to keep us all honest.

Addition- There is no real need for squads in KOTH. We might possibly require everyone be out of uniform and no squads be listed on the roster.