Author Topic: Gun crazy Swiss  (Read 6851 times)

storch

Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #330 on: July 06, 2007, 07:47:51 AM »
Originally posted by Angus

Oh, and by the way, one of the last murders up here (autumn 2005) happened in the US airbase between two white Americans.
Odd.
damn yankees

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #331 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:46 AM »
Originally posted by McFarland
Too late, it has already been done. Why do you think Angus only beleives the junk his govment feeds him?
Item - Agenda status
Guns - banned
Freedom of Speech - almost
Reasoning - just aboot complete
All rights and Liberties - getting there fast

Your ignorance is now apparent and booked on this thread.

Guns: Allowed with permission. (I could shop enough for a firing squad)
Freedom of speech: less likely to bring you trouble than in the USA.
Reasoning: Above your skill.
All rights and liberties: Oldest congress in the world and anyway less likely to get you killed or jailed than the US.
Get here quickly :D
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

storch

Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #332 on: July 06, 2007, 08:22:50 AM »
Your ignorance is now apparent and booked on this thread.

Guns: Allowed with permission. (I could shop enough for a firing squad)
Freedom of speech: less likely to bring you trouble than in the USA.
Reasoning: Above your skill.
All rights and liberties: Oldest congress in the world and anyway less likely to get you killed or jailed than the US.
Get here quickly :D
"reasoning: above your skill" :rofl  that's funny right there.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #333 on: July 06, 2007, 08:26:08 AM »

Oh, and by the way, one of the last murders up here (autumn 2005) happened in the US airbase between two white Americans.
Odd.

That's consistent with what we've been telling you, the source of the crime problem isn't guns it's americans.

Canada has more guns per capita than the US. States like idaho and north dakota haver more guns than people and they also have very low violent crime rates. Places like washington DC with very strict gun control laws and a low gun to people ratio have very high violent crime rates.  Society in wasington DC is also quite different than say alaska or wyoming. Logically one must deduce then that guns are not the causitive factor.

Offline Shuckins

• Gold Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #334 on: July 06, 2007, 08:41:27 AM »
One of the great fallacies about gun control put forward in these debates is that restrictive ownership laws are necessary to get violent crime under control.

In the case of the British, that argument is bogus.  In the 1920s, when the British government passed its first gun control law, the incidences of firearms murder in London could be counted on one set of hands, with a few fingers left over.  That law was passed as a result of government paranoia about the possibility of violence within the labor movement resulting from the growing influence of communist agitators.

The incidences of violent crime remained low throughout the first part of the twentieth century, but began an upward swing in the 1950s.  While the majority of this crime was unrelated to firearms ownership, the government used it as an excuse to pass even more restrictive legislation, in blatant violation of the spirit of the 1689 Bill of Rights which guaranteed the right to own arms for protection to the English people.

Perhaps more destructive to public safety was the adoption of an attitude by the government and the courts that victims of violent crime must always back away from a violent confrontation, no matter the circumstances, and of an attitude that it should never be necessary for a citizen to carry a "weapon" of any sort for personal protection.  There was no "need" for self defense because "society" would protect the individual.

Note the incongruity of those two attitudes.  Citizens must back away from a violent confrontation, but society will protect the citizens threatened by violence.  The term "society" in this case refers to the institutions of authority and ones fellow citizens.  The individual attacked must rely on his fellow citizens and governmental authorities for his protection.  These governmental institutions might have the power to disarm the law-abiding populace, but they do not have the power to protect the individual from personal violence.  All too often, one's fellow citizens ignore the individual's plight and walk right on by as he or she is being attacked.   As is becoming all too obvious in present day England, "society" only arrives in time to pick up the pieces.

Despite it's proponents trumpetting the benefits of the handgun ban for curbing violence, the truth remains that Britain's homicide and other crime rates are growing steadily, at a time when America's homicide rate is falling dramatically. While thirty years ago America's homicide rate was about seven times that of Britain's, in the year 2000 that gap had narrowed to three times the rate, and has continued to narrow.

The causes of violent crime are never as simple as the mere presence of guns, for much of the increase in violence in modern western nations is due to a change in youth culture, which revels in violence, sex, and defiance of authority.  It doesn't help the average citizen understand the pervasiveness of this type of influence for the newspapers and authorities to cite the murder of a child on the city streets of London without relating the fact that the youth was 16 years old and the member of a violent gang who was stabbed to death by rival gang members.

India is the most violent country on the face of the earth, if one counts only the number of murders that take place there each year.  More than 36,000 people are murdered there annually.  In the absence of large numbers of privately owned firearms, the causes must lie elsewhere;  in the pervading culture, or in ethnic strife.

Other cultures with low crime rates, such as Switzerland and Iceland, have widely varying rates of gun ownership.  The absence of violent crime must, by process of elimination, lie with other factors;  cultural and geographic isolation, or having a small and homogenous population.

But in the modern world, gun control has become the placebo for the treatment of the problem of violent crime.  That problem will never be brought under control as long as its real causes are not understood and addressed, and the firearms booger bear is routinely trotted out to explain it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:52:49 AM by Shuckins »

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #335 on: July 06, 2007, 08:58:16 AM »
I love all you whitebread your-0-peeeans and canadians telling us you know about multicultrualism and diversity..  you get a couple of muslim ghettos where the people riot once in a while and you think you know something about it.

Yet..  when we talk about real problems we are called racists.

I admit that we are losing what was good about America..  But what the founders wanted is still the most free country in the world..  the founders wanted us to have unrestricted right to bear arms.  We have less than that... our freedom is infringed.. our constitution is being denied.

And that is not good enough for the UN and the your-0-peeans.. they want to butt in to our business.

I would not want to live anywhere but in the US at this point.   I can't think of one country that recognizes that  the people...  that the right to keep and bear arms is a right of the people... an individual right.. I can't think of a country where that right is spelled out other than here.

Yet, I can't think of a country where the people have not had to revolt against their government or a country where the strong do not prey on the weak or a country who's government does not abuse it's power.  where crowds don't riot.

None of these things is likely to change.   I want to be in a country that recognizes that it is my right to bear arms.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #336 on: July 06, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »
This thread starts off by the Eu-O-Peans being told that gun control is pointless, and told from self appointed representatives of a nation that has very much worse crime rate, be it murder, rape or armed robbery.
Then the self appointed experts also point out that nothing in Eu-Op land can statistically be compared to the USA, so that comparison is pointless.

Now isn't this flip great. Has anybody here been telling the USA (Should I call you "Use-Some-Arms") what to do about your stuff? I beg to differ.
And here:
"Canada has more guns per capita than the US. States like idaho and north dakota haver more guns than people and they also have very low violent crime rates. Places like washington DC with very strict gun control laws and a low gun to people ratio have very high violent crime rates. Society in wasington DC is also quite different than say alaska or wyoming. Logically one must deduce then that guns are not the causitive factor."

Is also an interesting point that (I bet all your favourite person) Michael Moore pointed out very promptly.
Now, how is the gun law difference, and the amount of conceilable arms. That makes me curious, because, as I pointed out, I could by myself the equipment for a firing squad. Legally. So Lazs, - I can bear arms. Just not you-know-what arms, and not in the supermarket.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Gun crazy Swiss
« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2007, 09:33:34 AM »
are you saying that if you could own handguns you would then be forced to go on a murder rampage for some reason?  that the only thing that stops you is not being able to own this or that type of firearm?

maybe you have a close friend or neighbor that you know will be this way?

One has to wonder why more soldiers... young men in stressful conditions and carrying full auto firearms.. why they don't just glaze over at every arguement and just slaughter each other.

lazs