Author Topic: No disrespect  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
No disrespect
« on: June 10, 2007, 06:30:51 PM »
No disrespect to the people who spent a great deal of time working the details and planning of these out, but this event is dead. The incentive for the group of people to show up just isn't there and is conintuing a decline. Also just because suicide 110's hit ord at one bases killing Libs in a country where they did incrediable work is the most idiotic rule I have ever seen. Because of this this is the last scenario I fly. Getting out matched in airplanes 2 to 1 with the other side having uber planes is the worst rule I have yet seen.

I love the spirt of this senario, and is one of the best I have ever been apart of. Would love with a few changes it to be done in FSO. FSO is the new scenario system and it works far better because of the squad network that supports it.

Vlkryie1

Venting

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
No disrespect
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 06:38:41 PM »
Hmm, you must have missed the post where those 110 auger accusations were proven to be false.  

In addition, The Allies logged in with more players than the Axis, so 2 to 1?  I don't quite agree with that.  

You really need to hit your forum and talk to your CO, there's some intel you might be missing that he is aware of.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Re: No disrespect
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 06:45:53 PM »
Originally posted by Valkyrie
Because of this this is the last scenario I fly.
Vlkryie1

That is completely out of line.  

We (the allies) had a chance to protect our ord.  We did not.  We now will pay for it.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
No disrespect
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 06:52:02 PM »
Thanks ROC for correcting him on my 110's, I just don't like that some people are accusing my 110 pilots of doing something they didn't.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 06:54:51 PM by trax1 »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
No disrespect
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 07:16:48 PM »
Originally posted by trax1
Thanks ROC for correcting him on my 110's, I just don't like that some people are accusing my 110 pilots of doing something they didn't.

Beyond that, the accusations need to stay out of open forums.  I made a mistake after the beta frame and used this venue when I should not have.  I really wish others would follow my lead and allow their respective CO's contact the CM's regarding any issues they have.  Personally, I have none, and very much enjoyed the Frame 1 regardless of out come.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline HB555

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
No disrespect
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 08:25:50 PM »
Originally posted by trax1

Trax1,
OK if I accuse your 110's of doing a darn good job on us?
Shame on us for not intercepting them.
Can't wait to see what all ya'all come up with next frame.
to the CO for coming up with such a devious plan, and the pilots for making it work.
Now it's our turn to get creative. I hope.
Snoopy Bell

HB555 A gentleman, with a school boys heart, and crazy enough to think he is a cartoon dog.

Offline loboxx

• Zinc Member
      • http://comcast.net
No disrespect
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 05:37:26 PM »
VALKYRIE

I of course am new --- but I have lived a long time, I would like to offer this in defense of the mission we flew on the Nineth.

You led the group B24'S into the lion's den and although all targets were not hit, in reality the primary target was firmly dispatched, before the hoard hit us. As a bomb group we should analyze what we could have done different.

LITTLE SIDE TRIP (Remember I'm old)
I was ground pounder (comb eng 163rd inf 7th corps) in korea and when those million chinese poured over the yalu river, it was only 100 to one. We ran for our lives, ie THE FROZEN CHOSEN. I have seen overwhelming odds. But as history will bear  me out -- when we regrouped we kicked them back to North korea.

BACK
MY POINT is that a little more planning on our part  before the mission is to our advantage, ie route maps,trgt assigns, rout headings, etc. Everyone knows before the mission what we plan to do strategy wise, and we should plan  our strategy before the mission. On a private thread.

Additionaly, Val you are a knowledgeable lead in this game and have a lot to offer in getting the new folks on board. It would be the game's loss for you to leave. For the game to improve, it falls on us to improve it.

my .00002 cents

loboxx

"In the end it is not the shouting of our enemys we hear, but it is the silence of our friends"
                                                                             WINSTON CHURCHILL

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
No disrespect
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »
Sounds like you are all having a FUN Time !

:)

VAL - sit back and take a DEEP BREATH . . .

And another . . . .

Nothing is perfect - things happen - everyone tries to do better then next time around.

Enjoy the time spent with your comrades on both sides of the event.

All that I know is that if I tried my best - win or lose - be it as a pilot or a CO or anywhere in between - that is what mattered most.

Stiff upper lip and all.

Enjoy,

Jordi ( leerker now and then )
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art

Offline leitwolf

• Nickel Member
No disrespect
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 10:23:35 PM »
Valkyrie, you look like a bad loser.

Scenarios are a little bit like the real deal in that you have to make the best out of the situation and use the tools at hand.
Yes we might lose - so what? Quitting only forfeits the chance of winning.

And nobody - including you - thought about porking ord at allied bases.
We didn't think out of the box, our opponent did. to them.
Hardly a time to :cry  ..

We need everybody, especially now. :)
veni, vidi, vulchi.

Offline Valkyrie

• Copper Member
No disrespect
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 10:38:26 PM »
Cute liet get over it ... I am ... needed my 48 hours of ranting to get over 10 years of disappointment

Vlkryie1

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
No disrespect
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 11:26:51 PM »
You're upset because you lost the B-24s. Okay. Nobody can fault you. However you're saying "Oh, it's dead!" -- well it's been 1 frame. In that frame you HAD B-24s. They were also available in the beta frame. So the lack of turnout on both sides is NOT because of the lack of B-24s. You're putting the cart before the horse.

FYI: We're run MANY scenarios before this and will run MANY after it. Low numbers does not a death of an event make!

Allies over-ran the axis almost all of last frame, including stealing 3 very key fields (and almost stealing another) -- the sheer miracle that we got them back with minutes to spare was luck.

Just because you don't get to fly what you want, you can't cry foul. When you sign up you don't even get to CHOOSE, you get to REQUEST. If you wanted bombers but were assigned to P40Es because the bombers were full, would you even have shown up?

If the answer is "no" then you need to take a look at what you want to get out of this and reevaluate.

In Stalin's Fourth we had over half the teams in GVs -- without us knowing in advance how this was going to work! Did we complain? Not so's you'd notice. Hell, I'm NOT a GV player, and I still did damn good in a T-34 and a M-3 and a LVT2.

Just because you're not used to a craft doesn't mean you're no GOOD in that craft. Teamwork, tactics, battle plans all work together to overcome "I wanted to fly that plane instead" -- trust me, we've all been down this road before. It turns out to still be a very fun scenario, every frame!

Offline MORAY37

• Gold Member
No disrespect
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 11:36:21 PM »
I don't even know what to say anymore.  This is a scenario in an online game.  Both sides came up with tactics that worked.  The allies sent the horde to capture bases and had the axis running all over to counter attack.  The axis worked, non suicidally, to take away a major threat to their bases.  Can anyone just sit down and have "fun" anymore?  
People accusing and insulting... I'm starting to wish I'd never signed up.
"Ocean: A body of water occupying 2/3 of a world made for man...who has no gills."
-Ambrose Bierce