Author Topic: emil  (Read 419 times)

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
emil
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:17:36 PM »
i just flew an emil today, fought with a spit16 in a duel, 5 minutes long, i won.

it has become another of my 109s fav.

is there any tips u guys can give me?

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
emil
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »
Don't fight any good spit pilots:)
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
emil
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:51:51 PM »
Wow, well done. The Emil should be out-classed by the spit16 (pilots being equal). The Emil is an early war aircraft from the BOB era, while the spit 16 is a late-war spit.
Personally i dont think ive spent any time in the Emil. I know it can turn very well and has good climb ability. All i can suggest is try the 109F - it too can turn very well, but has more power, more ammo, can take a drop tank too, and is probably more survivable than the E in the MA.
Still, i'm of the opinion that the K4 is the best 109, and it doesnt turn anything like as well as the Emil or Frank. G2 and G14s are good compromises.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
emil
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:48:49 PM »
Actually the emil is a pretty good spit killer. Obviously the spitty "should" win...but if the 16 driver goes angles the emil will eat him up....and its good enough in the vertical that he's not going to get away with a big mistake. Biggest weakness is simply the gun package, no guarantee your going to finish the spitty and the one shot solution probably will put you squarely on the defensive....

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
emil
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:09 AM »
Good job.  I can't see ever losing to a Bf109E-4 if I were in a Spit VIII or XVI.

Too many cards in the Spit's deck compared to the 109's deck.

Main rule would be to not turn fight and don't get suckered.  Just bleed him dry of E and kill him.  Should be simple as pie with as much of a power advantage as the Spit has.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
emil
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 07:28:43 AM »
All i can tell you is, the 109E is the SpitV if the 109's...Very good turner but vastly underpowered...

Armament- A bit below average but still better than shooting .303's...They are 120 rounds of 20mm MG's, not cannons, so it will take a longer sustained burst to immobolize a Fighter... Pretend you're in a a6m2 whos cannons have been degraded a bit...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
emil
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
They are 120 rounds of 20mm MG's, not cannons,

The 20mm MG-FF are cannons. And actually very comparable to the A6M2's 20mm Type 99 Model 1, which is in fact also an Oerlicon cannon build under license, just like the MG FF.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 07:55:50 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline TUXC

• Copper Member
emil
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 07:53:38 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
...They are 120 rounds of 20mm MG's, not cannons, so it will take a longer sustained burst to immobolize a Fighter... Pretend you're in a a6m2 whos cannons have been degraded a bit...

The 20mms are in fact cannon. They have high explosive shells which machine guns don't. They're called MG FF as opposed to the MG 151 20mm cannon found on later German aircraft. The FF is a vastly inferior gun compared to the 151 with a lower muzzle velocity, slower rate of fire, drum magazine as opposed to belt fed, and poor ballistics. While it may be a little confusing, the MG does not stand for machine gun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MG_FF

Also, I'm not sure but I think the cannon in the 109E are very similar to those in the A6M2. As with all 109s, just get really close before opening fire and your ballistics won't matter anymore. A few 20mm hits should down any fighter in the game.

Edit: Lusche beat me to it by less than a minute.
Tuxc123

JG11

Offline Keiler

• Copper Member
emil
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007, 07:56:19 AM »
MG-FF are cannons by definition, just named awkwardly. Also it fired the Minengeschoss from the very beginning, which had a way high explosive payload than other contemporary 20mm HE rounds.
One major drawback of the cannon is the low muzzle velocity.

Matt

[edit] waaaaaaaay too slow.... damn forum lurkers :D

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
emil
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 07:56:42 AM »
ooops..I guess I made a mistake there.... :(

I thought I read somewhere they were MG's...Thnx for the correction.
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Hazzer

• Copper Member
      • Fleetwood town F.C. Cod Army
emil
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2007, 08:08:14 AM »
The first production batch of E - model bf 109 's had 4 rifle calibre mg's,the rest including ours in AH had two mgFF canon in the wings.
"I murmured that I had no Shoes,till I met a man that had no Feet."

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
emil
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
The C models introduced the 7.9(?) mm wing guns. They remained in place until the E-1. After the E-1, the E-3 was introduced with MG/FF in the wings. After that all 109Es had the MG/FF in the wings, until the 109F came out and it was done away with.