Author Topic: VH Re-Arm Pad Idea  (Read 476 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:17 PM »
The ammo bunkers serve no real purpose on V-Bases..

How about..

Add re-arm pads to V-Bases..But if ord is down(ammo Bunkers Destroyed),re-arm pad is disabled.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 12:38:04 PM »
I say first they should fix the gaminess of GVs sitting on rearm pads and being able to fire and repair themselves indefinately.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Originally posted by Saxman
I say first they should fix the gaminess of GVs sitting on rearm pads and being able to fire and repair themselves indefinately.

Thats the fix, lol.  Take down amo bankers and GVs wont be able to do that :)
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
The ammo bunkers serve no real purpose on V-Bases..

How about..

Add re-arm pads to V-Bases..But if ord is down(ammo Bunkers Destroyed),re-arm pad is disabled.

Brilliant !!!

Originally posted by Saxman

Originally posted by dedalos
Thats the fix, lol.  Take down amo bankers and GVs wont be able to do that :)

Double brilliant !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 02:07:38 PM »
Ammo bunkers = torps and rockets for PT boats. Not exactly useful, since there aren't many V bases with PT spawns.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 02:30:14 PM »
So a GV can sit on a rearm pad and get rearmed? I never knew that...

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 02:48:40 PM »
Originally posted by Spikey
So a GV can sit on a rearm pad and get rearmed? I never knew that...

To activate the rearm ... you have to move just a little ... like in a plane.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 03:01:37 PM »
Saxman:

You must not spend much time in GVs.  First off, the only way to repair a GV is to have someone set out supplies.  The re-arm pad is just that.  Re-Arm. Not Repair.  And if I am sitting at MY base, it makes sense that people are bringing me ammo.  And gaminess is getting spanked in your tank by another tank and coming back with bombs with "I'll Show You" written in chalk on each bomb.

My beef is when people are stupid enough to just sit on the Re-Arm pad, I can't re-arm with out some clown dropping 1000lbs bomb on my head and getting two kills.  Parking on the re-arm pad is a squeaker move.  Re-arm then move your arss to a different spot.

I have said for a long time that V-Bases need a re-arm pad.  For crying out loud, it is a VEHICLE BASE.  They should have multiple re-arm pads.  It isn't as if some dweeb isn't going to carpet bomb the whole base with Lancaster’s 200 feet off the ground, killing everything with in his 500 foot by 1 mile long killing zone anyway.  It amazes me that HTC beefed up airfield ack and town ack but totally neglected vehicle bases other than to move the hangers. Everything is exactly the same.  One plane kills ack with two passes, one if he is good.  And buffs kill all hangers in two passes.  V-Bases need an overhaul for sure.

LTARsqrl  <>  :aok

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2007, 03:17:22 PM »
I'd like to see a set up where gv's can drive into a VH and get repaired. If it takes 30 sec to rearm, then make it 2 min to repair.

The same idea could be implemented in Air bases. If you can taxi your airplane to the appropriate hangar, a 2 minute wait gets you repaired.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2007, 03:32:43 PM »
I'd like to see a set up where gv's can drive into a VH and get repaired

I wouldn't.  Any more than an aircraft should be able to repair at the re-arm pad.  

If the hangers are up, get a new plane or GV. If not, either use your current one with it's existing damage, or end your sortie.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:47 PM »
Vehicles already have instant rearm/repair available. While I'm not opposed to rearming, I think repair is unnecessary. A simple rearm only pad next to the bunkers or fuel tanks would be more than sufficient.

Oh, and more ack and some AT guns would be fun as well.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2007, 04:27:45 PM »
heres an idea take some of the ack off the large base and put it on the Vbases then i might live thru a pass on a large base:D
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline LTARsqrl

• Zinc Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2007, 04:37:16 PM »
Ummmm. . . . . . . .no you wouldn't.  :D

LTARsqrl  <>

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
VH Re-Arm Pad Idea
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »
Awesome to know my 1000 pound bombs are not only scoring two kills, but adding to your blood pressure  

;)