Author Topic: Awsome Screenshot  (Read 1052 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Awsome Screenshot
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »
Originally posted by Krusty
Slight problem: By the time the F4u arrived (even the earliest F4u versions) the IJN stopped painting there zeros white. They were green or other dark camouflage shades, but there weren't anymore white ones.

Other than that, I think he tweaked the contrast/color balance too much, but I like the composition of it.

If you look close it appears to be a heavly weathered green Zeke, but that's just my opinion.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Awsome Screenshot
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:09 AM »
No, its white. But its got a LOT of paint chipping giving it something of a winter-cammo effect. It appears to be dotted with grey camoflauge where the paint is missing.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Awsome Screenshot
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 11:38:03 AM »
Japanese didn't have winter camo like the Germans did. [edit: I mean like the whitewash camo that wore off -- come to think of it I don't recall seeing any winter camo for any IJA/IJN planes at all!]

It's white with some areas of silver showing through.

If it were green flaking off, the only thing showing would be silver, and it's clearly white (not silver). So it's an A6M2 fighting an F4u1 (1A?). It'd be like having a P-51D diving on a 109E-3. They're just from different eras.

Offline Jonny boy 8

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Re: Awsome Screenshot
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 12:19:32 PM »
Originally posted by TwinBoom

look at the bottom left hand corner u see the name.

p51srule:aok

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Awsome Screenshot
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 01:17:10 PM »
friggin awesome