Author Topic: Stick Map/scale For Ch Stuff  (Read 364 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Stick Map/scale For Ch Stuff
« on: July 01, 2007, 01:51:23 PM »
hey all, i finally took the time to hook up my ch stuff...was hard because although i am used to my ms sidewinder with the twisty grip, there STILL weren't enough buttons...i also used to use CH waaay back in AW3.
 so what i have here now is all usb. i have the F-16 combat stick(non force feedback), the pro throttle, and the pro pedals.

does any of you out there use this combo? if so, would you have any suggestions for scaling the stick? it sems that in the off line practice, i need to move this one MUCH more than my sidewinder...but i never did any scaling to that one either. also, any suggestions for mapping the buttons for better views? for better flight periphals such as engine selection(in multi engine of course), flap deployment, dive brake deployment and retraction, etc?
i've just tried seting some in offline, and to be honest, it made me worse...at least for the first flight..

lastly(i'm cringing here now) how about the same for use in vehicles?

thanks!!!!!!!!
john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »

This will help with nose bounce .

I have the same setup you have , if you want me to email you my .jsm files send me a email to air_spro@hotmail.com
My current Ace's High handle is spro

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
email sent

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 03:56:54 PM »
Originally posted by airspro
email sent

thank ya sir!!!!!<>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »
ok..i got the email, and saved the files to my desktop, thinking i would need to open them and then copy/past into my settings folder//////nothing happens when i click on open though. how do i get them where i want them? do i simply download them straight into the settings folder? also, is there a text map of which buttons are what? and finally...you mentioned you have an 8 way hat switch on the stick? i have the f16 combat stick, but it only has a 4 way hat, and a 4 way button plus 2 more buttons on the top, then the normal trigger, bomb drop, and the one by the index finger on the right side....my only 8 way is on the throttle and i use my thumb for it......
thanks again dude!!!!

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 11:45:47 AM »
You would put those files in the settings folder , yes . But I "thought" you had the same joystick that I have , 586 Combat stick , but seems you don't so that won't work .

With the 8 way on the trottle it's gonna be so much differant than mine , problay you gonna have to set yourself up anyway .

You don't need to open the files , and no I have not taken the time to set up a text map of my setup .

Just be sure you can use your trim up and flaps and vox while you look with your hat views and you'll be good to go IMO . I made sure when I set mine sticks up that I could fly and fight and look and talk all at the same time . I have seen other setups that don't have that option and IMO that's not the way to go .

gl
spro