Author Topic: wife ack  (Read 3999 times)

Offline Connery

• Nickel Member
wife ack
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2007, 11:57:34 AM »
I don't have any ties right now so I play as much, or as little as I like :) ahh to be free

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
wife ack
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:37 PM »
Greetings,

Only occasionally does the dreaded WifeAck appear.  Couple of reasons:

1 - my computer is about 20ft from the couch on which she watches, "So, You Think You can Dance", "American Idol", "America's Got Talent", "Gilmore Girls", "Men in Trees", The Doctor Show about the cheating husband, wife and unknowing adulteress all working in the same hospital, with the Doctor Manager that worked so much and made so much money his wife left him for someone she found on the internet (that presumably had no job and hence no money, but would be around a lot), ah, yes, the Traveling Race Show, etc . . . . .   None of the these shows do I care a whit about.

2 - I wear headphones but look over and smile lovingly as I chase down the evile FW and LAs.  (and talk in hushed tones to the squadies).  We live in a golfing communitee and she has caught an earful about hubbies gone for hours on end to the course, 19th hole, pro shop and associated spending.

So, we have an agreement.  She watches what she wants, if I don't want to watch, I play 'The Game'.  Works for us, might not work for all (legal disclaimer.)

Regards,
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 12:13:08 PM by MWL »

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
wife ack
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2007, 12:15:52 PM »
Had my wife playing Liesure Suit Larry while doing AH on my side. Worked for awhile and then she discovered Mean Girls. Now she grabs the throttle while i'm BnZ'n some poor sap in the MA - and shes grinning all the way down.

And I don't even get laid out of the deal. What a crock.

Wolf

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
Re: wife ack
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »
Originally posted by swoose
Do any of you guys suffer at the hands of a wife that is jealous over a computer game? Mine gives me a lot of grief over playing AHII. It's not like I am out running the roads or something. Tried to get my doctor ,who btw got me started in AHII, to write a prescription for at least 20 hours a week but we figured even that wouldn't work.  Is there any help out there for wife ack?
 :confused:

Are you married to my wife too?
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline P47Gra

• Copper Member
wife ack
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 12:49:28 PM »
I have made a deal with the the old lady.  I get 3 nights a week to play "the game".  Usually Wed Fri and Sat.   I have an account for my son so he can get shot down by me.  I love it.  My 6 year old sits on my lap and presses the wrong keys at the wrong time.  He listens in on the headphones and asks what why HOing is bad.  True story.  I had to explain it to the wife after her wide eyed expression of anger.  Dont let AH get in front of the family but a distraction during the long hot summer is nice.

Starving CFI and Loveable Dad and STUD to the wife

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Re: wife ack
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 01:26:17 PM »
Originally posted by swoose
Do any of you guys suffer at the hands of a wife that is jealous over a computer game? Mine gives me a lot of grief over playing AHII. It's not like I am out running the roads or something. Tried to get my doctor ,who btw got me started in AHII, to write a prescription for at least 20 hours a week but we figured even that wouldn't work.  Is there any help out there for wife ack?
 :confused:

Women want to control every aspect of your life, that's why the are called a wife. It's all about her and don't even think about something for yourself, because then you are just being insensitive to her needs.

Best bet, just get one whom doesn't speak much english and trade her in after she starts to learn it. :rofl
"strafing"

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
wife ack
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Get a new wife?  :t

Mine tells me " will you please go play that game and get out of my hair?"  LOL!! :aok

LOLOL,  mine too  :lol

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
wife ack
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Thanks folks! I am overwhelmed with advice and great answers. I was hoping this thread would bring out others that are suffering from the dreaded wife ack. Maybe we should start wife acked anonymous. I think I have figured out what will work. I can practice my fiddle playing more. The only thing that sounds worse than that is a chicken stuck in a vacuum cleaner. She will probably beg me to fly:lol

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 02:21:49 PM »
Just explain to her that in order to remain a happy, loving, sane and FAITHFULL husband all men require a certain amount of MAN TIME!

Now this man time varies with the individual but on average it is 20-30% of the non-working waking hours. (Some men do require more but they are special cases)

This man time can be spent in varying activities ranging from golf, hunting, fishing, hobbies of all sorts, tittie bars and of course cavorting with that hot little thing at work.

Now, all of the above activities can cause the expenditure of large quantities of money and time (especially that hot little thing).

$15.00/Mo. and being home on your computer is a small thing compared to the other man time activities you could be engaged in.

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
wife ack
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 02:43:11 PM »
LOLOLOL ~ totally funny y'all. :D
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 02:53:48 PM »
I found the solution that works for me every time.  I first want to say that I am not married, nor have I ever been married BUT When I had a girlfriend that griped about the game I simply turned off the computer, grabbed the car keys and headed to the local "gentlemens club" and stayed until closing time.  After 2 or 3 of these occurrences they learn not to complain about you playing a harmless game in the comfort of your own home.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
wife ack
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
My wife is actually really good about my playing AH, she has learned to appreciate that when I'm playing she can watch whatever she wants on TV.

One time though, I had 24 kills in a tiger, had a blown turret, and a guy was chasing me in a panzer. I was desperately trying to make the trek from TT back to a friendly VH. It was fairly late and the kids were all asleep. She thought she'd surprise me and came down to the computer room scantily clad, and invite me to the bedroom. I had a hard time explaining perks and kills landed, and the game does not have a pause button to her. She just couldn't develop an appreciation for my situation. No matter how hard I tried. Needless to say the 50 odd perks I earned upon landing paled against the days of agony I later endured.

Lesson, " bail and go to tower NOW!" Don't even speak, just do it.

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2007, 03:03:51 PM »
I found the solution that works for me every time. I first want to say that I am not married, nor have I ever been married BUT When I had a girlfriend that griped about the game I simply turned off the computer, grabbed the car keys and headed to the local "gentlemens club" and stayed until closing time. After 2 or 3 of these occurrences they learn not to complain about you playing a harmless game in the comfort of your own home.

Something about "cause and effect" comes to mind when I read that advice... :huh
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
wife ack
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 03:14:50 PM »
Rest assured, you are not alone swoose.

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
wife ack
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »
The missus loves to paint and edit photos she has taken so while she playes with that i log on. Im also fortunate enough to work from the home office so during the day i can log on without beeing bothered at all because im "working" :)

The clue is to make sure your better half also has a hobby and that you  support and encurage her as much as you can and you too will get time to play.