Author Topic: multiple enemy training clinic was exceptional  (Read 624 times)

Offline boingg

• Nickel Member
multiple enemy training clinic was exceptional
« on: June 14, 2007, 09:07:31 PM »
I was only able to stay for an hour but well worth it  Hammer thank you for the information you passed on and I will definately be back   .

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
I'm glad you enjoyed it and had fun. Hammer had one group, Rolex another and I had the third group. A special thanks to Hammer and Rolex.

I think all three groups had fun and learned much about the importance of Situational Awareness, estimating E states, and identifying the primary threat.

We flew a mixed bag of fighters, with each pilot taking his favorite. I started with the P-40B. I prefer everyone fly his favorite as the diversity is what you encounter in the MA.

When fighting several enemies, it's important to remember that to kill them all, you must first kill one. You win those fights one enemy at a time. You learn that you can't saddle up, but must concentrate on deflection shots and snap shots. You shoot and maneuver, always striving to know where the others are and what they are doing. It takes lots of practice to master this, and the Thursday night clinics are where you can practice without having to worry about getting shot down.

We will continue with this for the remaining Thursday evenings in June. So, we'll see you next week boinng.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 01:22:33 AM »
Greetings,

Please PM me next time y'all do this.  I like the 47 series, could be a change of pace for y'all!

Regards,

Offline CpMorgan

• Zinc Member
Milt-engagements
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 08:10:49 AM »
Widewing,
   Thanks for the opportunity to work with you and the other trainers during your clinic. I and my squadmates appreciate the tactical information and practice it has provided. I look forward to all the future classes and have scheduled as much time to participate as possible. I believe these types of clinics help us newer sim pilots get a feel of how to effectively handle the multiple engagements and various situations that are common in the MA that would otherwise be discouraging to a newbie. I find that a lot of the newer players get really dis-enchanted with the game if all they experience is constant dying the MA is famous for. To be able to at least get some feel for how the game is actually played, with the added advantage of having an experienced sim-pilot there to help critique the manouvers, really adds depth and focus to an otherwise serious uphill battle. Again, thanks from all of us at VMF-251 "The Buccaneers".

:aok

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 08:20:13 AM »
Where is the clinic info being posted?

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 08:24:58 AM »
Widewing, Rolex & Hammer,
   thanks for putting on this clinic - extremely valuable information presented "hands on"! I was sorry to have to miss last weeks session - I'm even sorrier now - won't miss another (Lord willin').
Thanks again <>
Optiker

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:46:31 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Where is the clinic info being posted?

Trainer's website here -- follow the menu
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Thanks for Invitation
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »
Widewing,

Thanks.

I'm so noobie, last week I watched from the takeoff strip, parked at the end of the runway.  I'm not really ready for advanced classes yet, as Hammer will tell you.  

This week I joined in and tried to keep up.

See you next Thursday night.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 10:07:22 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Trainer's website here -- follow the menu

Ahhhh...thanky Sim. I forgot about that site. :(

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2007, 10:10:43 AM »
widewing,
 I too enjoyed the clinic. I appreciate the time that you spent with us. I went to the ma after the clinic and was jumped by a gang. I was reminded I need more practice! The clinic as a good place to get it plus being critiqued on mistakes and how to correct them.
 It is always fun to meet pilots there that I would normally not get to meet. I was actually shot down by boiing the other day and enjoyed the fight we had before my demise. It is interesting to meet other pilots and fly and learn together.
 I am looking forward to next week.
 Swoose

Offline swoose

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 10:13:21 AM »
Sorry misspelled boingg. Hey optiker it was quite a workout huh.:D

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »
Originally posted by Max
Ahhhh...thanky Sim. I forgot about that site. :(

Yeah, it would be really nice if Skuzzy would sticky a "Welcome to the Help and Training Forum" with a link to the trainer's site. (hint, hint)

It's a great resource, holds answers to many questions asked here, and deserves lots and lots of traffic!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline WMDnow

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »
It would be nice to take out my F4U once in awhile in that!  Could be fun!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 03:38:08 PM »
We had another good Thursday night clinic last night.  There is still one more scheduled for the month if anyone is wanting to attend.

June training calendar

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
Does someone usually record the clinics in .ahf? It would be nice, as they are held on euro unfriendly times... I'm really interested in this one, if someone has a movie, please, tell me.
Live to fly, fly to live!