Author Topic: .22 Shorts and Home Firing Ranges  (Read 443 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
.22 Shorts and Home Firing Ranges
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »
tpi.. that is very nice.   It doesn't much resemble any of the guns in my safe tho.

As for cost... that was never the big concern.. the K22 I have is probly worth $1000.   My point was that I have a revolver (k22) that is very much like all my other revolvers... Now I can practice with it more often.  

Accuracy is relative.   if it shoots the colibris the same as it shoots other ammo then it is perfect.   There is no recoil tho.. it is like dry firing in a way... maybe slightly better..

curiously.. the sound is about like a normal firearm if you were wearing earplugs which... adds to the experiance in my opinion.

As I said.. I also have a cz75 clone with a 22 conversion kit that I can shoot for semi auto practice.  but the k22 is sweet.  It simply feels like the best Smith and Wesson you have ever put thumb  and trigger finger to.

lazs

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
The K22 was the first pistol I ever shot.  Really nice gun, my Mom bought it for my Dad as a Christmas present about 30-something years ago.
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2007, 08:10:36 AM »
the standard for K22's when they were built was a 1.5" 5 shot group at 50 yards.   they are a very accurate revolver.  

I also have a 1917 smith in 45acp marked "US property" that is mint.

while we are on the subject....

You can also get both rubber bullets and... speer makes a plastic bullet for 38,44 and 45

I have shot the speers for 44.   they have plastic cases and squared of plastic bullets.   the bullets can be loaded into the case with finger pressure and the primer can be pressed in with a finger (a nail punches out spent primers).

They will shoot very good groups at 25 feet or so with enough power to punch through a layer of sheetrock.   A good backstop is a box with some towels or rags stuffed or hanging in it.  

I have not tried the rubber bullets but they require some tools to deprime/reprime.  

lazs