Author Topic: here's that film  (Read 1060 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
here's that film
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2007, 02:03:13 AM »
I DO have a WMv of this footage, without the youtube posters added flairs,

it is 8 + minutes, and 6.99 MB if anyone wants to host it.

Pm me for hosting info

oh yeah that 190 shooting down an La5.... that an A8 for cripes sake.....

let's see an A8 in AH hang with an La5 let alone any other "turny" plane :rofl :cry
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 02:07:24 AM by JB73 »
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2007, 05:14:29 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
If you look close, you can see on many of the tail shots that the ball turret guns are pointed down.  That generally means the gunner has been told to get out of the turret as they are abandoning the aircraft.

I believe I saw comments on this footage in the past that some of the videos versus B-17s were test flights where captured B-17s were flown out and rigged with something to make them stay level as the pilot bailed, then the fighter had at it.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
here's that film
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2007, 05:53:39 AM »
Nice find SkyRock.. good film except for the cheezy music that was added.

Offline Balsy

• Nickel Member
here's that film
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »
What most should take away from this, is how damn tough the b17s/b24s were, taking MULTIPLE 30mm and 20mm rounds and just continuing on there merry way.

Also big difference between the 30mm splashes and the 20mm stuff.  Wow!

storch

here's that film
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2007, 08:14:08 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
If you notice a clip at the end a B17's gear starts to lower as a me110 rakes it with cannon.That meant the 110 just shot out the hydraulics.
notice the lack of return fire from the bomber's defensive positions indicating injured or dead crewmen.  very sobering indeed.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
here's that film
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
*i need a gunner* takes on a whole new meaning

"funny thing" is that many of those guys on both sides were not much older than the squakers in the game

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
here's that film
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »
Originally posted by Platano
THe opening footage where it showed the 190 going Head on with the liberator looked painful...The cockpit of the liberator was filled with cannon shells..there had to be at least 1 casuaty in there..

Exactly my thought.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline oldtard

• Copper Member
here's that film
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 10:57:40 AM »
I have watched a couple hundred hours of these types of videos and alway a few things come to mind.
For every fighter or bomber you see shot down another 100 were shot up so bad they had to abort the mission(they didnt die but they didnt drop there bombs either)

And while i am thinking of it can anyone show me just 1 video of a bomber doing a BARRLE ROLL or LOOP and or a SPLIT-S while being shot at or
can anyone show me just 1 video of a fighter with an enemy on his 6 jinking the hell out of his plane without **** falling off it

ALL GOOD PEOPLE OF AH

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
here's that film
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »
That was very sobering. It was actually kind of chilling to see the cockpit shot.  That feeling of being helpless.   All Countries who fought in the skies of WWII.  Good Point: It shows that a B17/B24 cannot do areobatics.
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007, 04:33:08 PM »
Originally posted by 5PointOh
Good Point: It shows that a B17/B24 cannot do areobatics.

It shows that large bombers didn't do aerobatics. Take into account that your life would be put in more danger by doing such things in real life, where that's a nonfactor in a game. Also, bombers in real life were 2-5x higher than you'll generally find them in this game.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
here's that film
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 08:00:05 PM »
bombers at 100k ooz?

i typically will never find bombers under17-22k in game, unless i get lucky...
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 08:22:27 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
bombers at 100k ooz?

Boy your math bites. I see bombers between 3k and 10k all the time.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
here's that film
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 08:23:52 PM »
Originally posted by evenhaim
bombers at 100k ooz?

i typically will never find bombers under17-22k in game, unless i get lucky...

90% of  the buffs I kill are below 12K

(And 90% of the buffs that kill ME are above 20 ;) )
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 10:46:02 PM »
What most should take away from this, is how damn tough the b17s/b24s were, taking MULTIPLE 30mm and 20mm rounds and just continuing on there merry way.

Actually, it only feels that way because guncam footage plays at approx. 1/3rd the speed of real life, and is detailed enough for people to get a clear impression on every cannon round impacting.

What happens is, the rounds connecting to the bombers happen slower with a very clear picture on the powerful HE impact. Naturally the dramtic, slow multiple HE impact leaves a much clearer impression on the person watching - whereas in AH, in most cases the shooting moment just flashes by quickly with teensey-weensey white glob hit sprites flashing on the target (30mms do produce better HE effect, but not quite as clearly dramatic as in the guncam footages).

For example, if someone would film an AH Typhoon or a CHog attacking a buff in a single pass and blowing it up, and then somehow make it look like a real life guncam footage with all them explosions, the footage would look like the Typh or the Chog is saddled up behind a buff at slow speed and leisurely lobbing couple hundred of 20mms rounds which explodes all over the buff in a spectacular-but-horrifying length of time - bascially like that LW footage, which in reality, all happened in a few second's time.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
here's that film
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2007, 07:57:27 AM »
I tend to shoot the same way in AH, using rudder to hose across wingtip to wingtip. Its a bad habit in here because its better to just waste one spot than to fan out the fire.

~AoM~