Author Topic: Some serious WTF weather going on NZ  (Read 394 times)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Some serious WTF weather going on NZ
« on: July 05, 2007, 04:11:19 PM »
Swarms of small tornado's are hitting the west coast (all less than F1's). They're doing a fair whack of damage but we rarely see one or two small tornado's a year, nothing on the scale of the monsters you see in the US but its extremely wierd:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4118348a10.html

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
You export beer, we export tornado's. Seems fair to me.

:p

Seriously, I hope they have not done much damage there.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline texasmom

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 06:20:36 PM »
So y'all don't see tornado's often there?

Sorry to hear about all that damage. Hope everyone turns out okay.
<S> Easy8
<S> Mac

Offline RAIDER14

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »
The Day After Tomorrow :noid

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »
Taranaki seems like it's on the North Island, no?    I hope no one is injured in this storm Vulcan.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 08:47:04 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Taranaki seems like it's on the North Island, no?    I hope no one is injured in this storm Vulcan.

No injuries, the bulk of them are small but its extremely odd. Most 'tornado's reported here are mere water spouts. yeah Taranaki is the on the western bit of the north island, but theres been some tornado's reported north of there as well.

Yeah RAIDER14, few people are saying the same thing: The Day After Tommorrow :)

Offline Blank

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 05:24:11 AM »
ya weird weather everywhere, same here in UK year started with a very strange run of easterly winds for about 2 months straight which was amazing for the surf as was offshore Woo!

But now its basically been raining straight for about 1 1/2 months, wtf is going on, the midlands is still under water, millions of pounds of damage and no SunTAN!!!

Plus the surfs been crap with all this stormy weather :-(

Anyway hope nobody got hurt inthe tornados

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 05:25:27 AM »
we even had a tornado here in norway and we never have them.. all year so far has been freaky in one way or another

Offline McFarland

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 05:45:36 AM »
We are beginning into the end of days. "Storms and earthquakes in diverse places".

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 06:04:15 AM »
The sports gods are angry.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2007, 07:22:27 AM »
Praise "Bob", for X Day is coming.  

Those of you who are still "Pink" have no hope.  

A SubGenius must have Slack.

Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
And the answer is
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2007, 10:12:33 AM »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2007, 10:29:41 AM »

The HAARP Program is jointly managed by the US Air Force and the US Navy, and is based in Gakona, Alaska. It is designed to "understand, simulate and control ionospheric processes that might alter the performance of communication and surveillance systems." The HAARP system intends to beam 3.6 Gigawatts of effective radiated power of high frequency radio energy into the ionosphere in order to:

* Generate extremely low frequency (ELF) waves for communicating with submerged submarines
    * Conduct geophysical probes to identify and characterize natural ionospheric processes so that techniques can be developed to mitigate or control them
    * Generate ionospheric lenses to focus large amounts of high frequency energy, thus providing a means of triggering ionospheric processes that potentially could be exploited for Department of Defense purposes,
    * Electron acceleration for infrared (IR) and other optical emissions which could be used to control radio wave propagation properties
    * Generate geomagnetic field aligned ionization to control the reflection/scattering properties of radio waves,
    * Use oblique heating to produce effects on radio wave propagation, thus broadening the potential military applications of ionospheric enhancement technology.

http://www.earthpulse.com/haarp/background.html

:noid
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC