Author Topic: Holy Grandkids Batman!!  (Read 292 times)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« on: June 30, 2007, 03:54:44 AM »
Dang, all this posting tonight and I fail to mention that I am up and waiting on my daughter in law and 2 grandkids to show up.

I can't wait till they get here. It will be only the 3rd time I have seen my grandkids, they are 3 (she will turn 4 on Tuesday while they are here) and 2. :D

Since I am grandpa....when that 2 year old drops land mines in her diapers....I get to hand her back to mom. :D Until then, I get to spoil her rotten :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 04:08:25 AM »
Aww.. congrats Elfie.

You seem to be set for a great time. Grandparents only gets the best jobs, but then they have earned it :)

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 04:14:59 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
Aww.. congrats Elfie.

You seem to be set for a great time. Grandparents only gets the best jobs, but then they have earned it :)

Funny thing Nilsen....I still have 2 daughters of my own at home, 12 and 3. My oldest granddaughter is almost 3 months older than my youngest daughter. :)
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 04:21:39 AM »
Well then you are a busy little beaver arent you?

wtg :aok

storch

Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 04:30:51 AM »
Originally posted by Elfie
Funny thing Nilsen....I still have 2 daughters of my own at home, 12 and 3. My oldest granddaughter is almost 3 months older than my youngest daughter. :)
oh lord.  that takes a lot of courage.  a friend is in the same situation sort of he has a four year old grand daughter and his new wife and he have an eight month old son.  he's fifty-five and she's thirty, her first child.  I can't imagine having to start a new family at my age so I'm content with my grandchildren, happily we all live within one half hour of each other and we watch the kids for our daughter when she works, they are here every day.

in fact some of you have been shot down by lorelai, my two year old GD.  she says "shoot the red guy grandpa"  as I manuever into position for her to kit the "N" key and laughs with glee when someone goes *poof*.

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 04:45:09 AM »
My son is 24, my first wife gave birth to him. I am only 44. I don't think I could handle having another one at 55. :lol I didn't want another one but now that she is here she is every bit as precious to me as the other two. Although I must admit that after she was born I probably had the baby blues even worse than my wife did. Once I got over that though, I realized just what a bundle of joy she really is.

Her name is Amanda, I call her Mandy. Sometimes I sing this song to her and she loves it. I love my Mandy-boo, I love my Mandy-boo, I love my Mandy-boo because shes my silly goose! Then she will sing back to me....I love my Daddy-boo, I love my Daddy-boo cuz he's a silly goose!! :D

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 10:37:12 AM »
Grandkids? Did someone mention grandkids? :cool:

Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

storch

great looking kids, God bless them!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
ok now I'm jealous.  seven grand kids huh?  congratulations.  frau storch wants to know how much of a headstart you have on us.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »
Hehehe I am in Louisiana at the home of the step son and his family. They have 6 on the ground now and #7 due in 8 weeks. It's been fun spoiling the kids and showing them all sorts of neat toys like little havoc helcopters, water rockets, balsa gliders and parachutes. Then when they are all wound up we turn them back over to Mom and Dad and go to our RV accross the yard. :t
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Re: great looking kids, God bless them!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 12:31:23 PM »
Originally posted by storch
ok now I'm jealous.  seven grand kids huh?  congratulations.  frau storch wants to know how much of a headstart you have on us.

9 actually, another boy and girl not in the pic. :D
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

storch

Re: Re: great looking kids, God bless them!
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
9 actually, another boy and girl not in the pic. :D
grrrr :D  we have two so far and are lobbying our second daughter and her husband to step up to the plate

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 04:33:40 PM »
When mine got here, due to not seeing me much, they were to shy to fork over any hugs just yet.....but that will change soon enough :)

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 04:44:26 PM »
Real happy for you Elfie :)
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2007, 04:49:19 PM »
Congratulations Elfie,

No grandkids yet and not much possibility of having them around for some time (the oldest of our 4 is 6 years old.)

My wife and I waited seven years before we started having children, I wish someone had told me when I got married that raising children is a young man's game (I just don't have the energy to keep up with them these days!)

Have fun and don't skimp on devotions while they are around. ;)
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
Holy Grandkids Batman!!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2007, 04:55:42 PM »
I probably won't have any more grandkids for awhile yet. I don't think my son and his wife are to keen on having more. My daughters...well...at 12 and 3....it will be awhile yet (and it better be a LONG WHILE) before they give me any grandkids. :)

The older one just had a minor tiff over a toy with my youngest......so Grandpa got to go smooth things over and I got my first hug from that one. :D

Have fun and don't skimp on devotions while they are around.

I won't ;)