Author Topic: Parachute Guy 102  (Read 490 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Parachute Guy 102
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:22:04 AM »
I explore other areas of the game.  

Why does the pilot have .45 Colt at the ready when he bails or lands?  I asked this question before and I got interesting replies.

I was tanking with the Hurricane that has the big cannon.  I got hit and bailed and forever floated down into the tank battle below.  I find the parachute is an attention grabber to the ack-machine guns.  I find the pilot, once out of his chute does not get fired on by the pit guns and the tankers don't notice me.

I ran up behind a Tiger tank and fired my pistol several times at his rear gas tank.  I killed him and got 5 perk points for the kill.  Fun it is to fire at the back of the turret and the guy doesn't know what is going on as I walk around him in circles as he rotates the turret to investigate the situation. (long sentence!)  Any chance getting grenades or a bazooka?  C4 bricks and cordite would suffice.

I fly (present tense, I know) my Hurricane out on the periphery of a vehicle base and land it.  It will land about 70 mph, nice and easy.  I hop out and trek into the base.  The latest map with the mountains I can walk right up the side of a steep angled mountain and I could easily act as forward observer and the pit guns do not fire on me.  Still wonder whether I can get in close from behind an ack gun to kill it with my pistol?  Will experiment to that end as well as try to vulture pop nme tanks within their own hanger should be fun.

I actually can climb a tree right in the middle of an active vehicle base with battle going on and be a forward observer.  I'm still exploring vh bases with pilot guy as to possibilities of what he can do.

Just observations, by a person burnt out from the never ending insanity of the furball.   This is my 1st online game of this sort.  WWIIOL will be next, I think.

Offline hazydaze

• Zinc Member
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 05:45:21 AM »
WWIIOL will be next, I think.

That games like crack I'd be playing that but my pipe broke, Uhhhh I mean my comp can't handle it.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:20:53 AM »
There is not much to do in the game on foot.  I think some day this will be developed and evolve.  For now, we have a pistol to play with.

Our squad used to have an online cerimony when we brought a new person in the squad.  We would go to an airfield, then to the bomber hanger, (select a bomber), then bail in the hanger.  Then all the men would gather in formation, in a line, the CO would stand in front of the formation and call the new guy forward to welcome him into the squad.  Screen shots looked very cool... but now we have guns, it looks like a firing squad :)

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:30:38 AM »
Gunner, it could still work. Kind of like a beat-down to join the gang.
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007, 11:10:59 AM »
:lol
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Navy Chief
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 03:36:06 PM »
E-6 to E-7 has a simlar ceremony but the guys use the new guy's hat (LOL!)

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
Originally posted by RSLQK186
Gunner, it could still work. Kind of like a beat-down to join the gang.

Fragging the CO is not new in the CAF ... the scary part is after the induction, the new guy gets pig piled :)

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline rauchen

• Zinc Member
Parachute Guy 102
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »
U can stand on the end of the runway & get headshots on the pilots taking off.  I got about 6 assists - even smoked a guys engine. Then I kilt a P-47 with 3 shots to the canopy.

Shmoken