Author Topic: Map Reset Characteristics  (Read 767 times)

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
Map Reset Characteristics
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 10:19:33 PM »
Greetings,

I know I am about to get flamed, but hey, here goes.  I liked the concept of the thread maps.  (one base leads to another that can be taken).  With one comment.

I think the threads should not lead from one base to another, but some bases should lead to 2, 3 or 4 other bases.  Create a grand tactical (or operational) reason to attack a given base verses blindly following a single thread.

In addition, each map could have 2 - 5 thread designs that would change the operational requirements to 'take' a map.  In effect you could get 2-5 different campaigns while using the same terrain map.

Regards,

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 11:24:34 PM »
I actually like the new parameters, but I will agree that your average AHer has the mental faculties of a small rodent. However, I don't think dumbing it down any, or returning to the previous setup, will help at all. The only way you'll change the players' tendencies, is to offer a path of even less resistance, and I'm not sure that's a good idea, to be honest.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 03:00:22 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Correct ... but time has shown that they aren't going to change their "gangbang" mindset. I swear that mice are more trainable than most in this game.

If we had ALL "great" maps ... then I would not have changed my mind, but since that is not the case, we need something that will generate map resets/changes more often than what we have now.

its gona take a few more months(years?) for people to learn new ways....

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 03:12:38 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
from what i can gather mindi was more a one sided map,who ever was in the middle got hit hard and who ever was on thewest side didnt lose bases or get very far.

they changed the map so the fights could be more equal and more far.

All new maps have to be bulit o this fairness same amount of bases same sort of spacing ect ect.

all ads up to a boring map

i dunno, trying to take the West country was fun, doing noe raids across the water to take 28 (i think?) was a laugh, stealing there cv etc... ive seen them reset a few times (mostly when it was my country....lol).

id like for it to come back, but i think it was poor on gv wars.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 03:12:54 AM »
IMO a successful HQ raid should reset the map.

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 04:39:22 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
IMO a successful HQ raid should reset the map.

hq would need to be changed... but i kinda agree...... strat targets need more importance, then fighters will wana attack buffs more often.

right now people only attack buffs because they get kills, but alot of the time u see buffs flying towards totally undefended strat targets... and these strat targets could easly be defended but to be honest, whats the point?

if the HQ was larger, ie maybe a city tile next to it sort of size, and u carpet bombed the whole lot to 0% then.... war won? that would kinda work well

Offline badhorse

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 06:44:32 AM »
II HATE, WITH A PASSION, THE UTERUS MAP !!!

AMEN!
Always try and be the person your dog thinks you are.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2007, 06:55:17 AM »

I HATE, WITH A PASSION, THE UTERUS MAP !!!

I used to feel the same way, but actually I like when Nits end up being the southern "Gang Me!" country.

Suffering from the attractíon of the great A1-A19 furball, it will invariably pushed back to the uncapturable base in the east by the NE country. And that means tons of fun flying the 163 :aok
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »
Having been on the receiving end of one of Ghi's masterplans..........gotta say I prefer the new way...lol........was intense fun, fights everywhere you looked, bases capped, vulched, deacked etc............got my backside handed to me a load of times, got a few kills, most importantly, had a vast amount of fun (even if I was sweating heavily.....got a bit into it....)

Ghi

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.