Author Topic: weird/  (Read 344 times)

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
weird/
« on: July 24, 2007, 12:35:44 PM »
ok yesterday all my friends and me were flying mosquitos
and there comes a p51 he take one of us out so the rest of us get on his 6 and start nailing him with 20mm nothing came off so i fired another 250 20mms into  him myself still nothing so a few of my friends run out of ammo from nailing him  and start ramming him STILL NOTHING (benny hill theme song) next thing i know i am heading home with him on my  6 i fly over ack nothing then he kills me
sO WTF IS GOING ON:mad:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: weird/
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:15:02 PM »
Originally posted by kennyhayes
ok yesterday all my friends and me were flying mosquitos
and there comes a p51 he take one of us out so the rest of us get on his 6 and start nailing him with 20mm nothing came off so i fired another 250 20mms into  him myself still nothing so a few of my friends run out of ammo from nailing him  and start ramming him STILL NOTHING (benny hill theme song) next thing i know i am heading home with him on my  6 i fly over ack nothing then he kills me
sO WTF IS GOING ON:mad:

I. How should we know without any film? Your description isn't meaningful enough for any analysis.
It's a whine, not a bug report.

II. If you film your sorties, you might even see yourself what's "wrong"

III. Just because your "fire 250 20mms into him" that doesn't mean they all hit. In fact the average player gets only about 7 hits, IF he does hit at all.

IV. With a bit of luck, a fighter can indeed take even a few 20mms round, if the enemy fails to score hits vs critical components and the hits are dispersed over the whole plane.

V. "Ramming" generally doesn't work and will only take YOU down most of the time. For a succesful ram you would have to generate a collision on his Front End (screen), not yours. Often hard to do without clairvoyance skill ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
Re: Re: weird/
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I. How should we know without any film? Your description isn't meaningful enough for any analysis.
It's a whine, not a bug report.

II. If you film your sorties, you might even see yourself what's "wrong"

III. Just because your "fire 250 20mms into him" that doesn't mean they all hit. In fact the average player gets only about 7 hits, IF he does hit at all.

IV. With a bit of luck, a fighter can indeed take even a few 20mms round, if the enemy fails to score hits vs critical components and the hits are dispersed over the whole plane.

V. "Ramming" generally doesn't work and will only take YOU down most of the time. For a succesful ram you would have to generate a collision on his Front End (screen), not yours. Often hard to do without clairvoyance skill ;)

what he said :aok
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member
weird/
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 03:58:50 PM »
I GOT A few knight to get film they i will try to get it

Offline kennyhayes

• Nickel Member