Author Topic: Computer question  (Read 112 times)

Offline Rondar

• Nickel Member
Computer question
« on: July 09, 2007, 11:33:10 PM »
Was playing tonight and the computer made a weird noise like kind of a bang then a pffft sound then went dead.  We had a lightning storm last night and the power went out a time or two.  Alas no surge protector.

So, I had an older computer and voila, same wattage power supply so I swapped it out.  Now, when I booted it up, it works fine except it wont find drive a.  Is there a particular cable that should go first to it or do I need to hook up another cable or what?  right now there is only the plug with the 4 pin end in each of the cd, dvd and a drive, along with the wide floppy 2 inch wide bundle that goes from motherboard to the drives.  Did my drive a go bad also when power supply went out?

Also, if worst comes to worst, how good of a new computer should I get?  I have a 2.53 gig now with 1 gig ram and a 64 meg vid card, mx 440 now.  

Thanks very much if you can help me out.
To understand true love, lock your dog and your wife in the trunk of your car for an hour and then see which one is glad to see you when you come back

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Computer question
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 12:07:25 AM »
Usually your a drive is the little floppy that nobody uses anymore.

If you go into your Bios you should be able to change the order in which it looks for drives to boot up
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty