Author Topic: Sprint is firing. Its CUSTOMERS!  (Read 860 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Sprint is firing. Its CUSTOMERS!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 05:00:54 PM »
I have to agree. the customer is NOT always right.

For myself even when they arent I often do my best to appease them and adress whatever it is they are concerned about because its good business for me to do so
BUT

I have had a couple of people (Fortunately only a couple)
Whom I just couldnt pease no matter what I did.
Including one whom was complaining about something that no way could I make a railing and spindles look like brand new without installing brand new.

It was a big job and she said "Im spending alot of money on this stuff. to which I finally had to reply. "You could be willing t spend millions on this stuf. I STILL cant turn watermelon into gold without replacing it. and you dont want it replaced Im only a magician NOT a miricle worker."

And another more recently who expected a level of perfection I do not beleive is achievable.

It was a 4 day job I ended up spending a week and a half on.

At some point you have to say "enough"
And I told each. "Do me a favor. The next time you need work done. Call someone else"

Ands here I was wondering why she was complaining she couldnt get any of her former contractors to come back LOL
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline 0thehero

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.esc-services.com
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »
Sounds like good business to me.

More than one accountant and business adviser has told me that every year I should turnover (i.e., release) 20% of my clientèle.  So every year I just stop taking the calls (I'm in the IT business) of the most painful, least profitable customers I have.  I get more work done, make more money, and have more sleep at night.

If the customer was always right, why would they need you in the first place?

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 03:45:27 PM »
My brother works for Cingular/AT&T as a sales person and he complains about getting the same people coming in or calling asking stupid questions atleast twice a week. bet hge wouyld love for them to do the same, they kill his sale time.

I know i'd love for us to dump certain customers. I can only think of 2 we told to take a hike becuase were lucky to come out even with them.

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2007, 03:40:58 PM »
Followup:

A Sprint insider is saying that most of the people targeted were scammers:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/exclusives/sprint-customers-terminated-for-complaining-too-much-were-scamming-sprint-for-free-service-277026.php

Some frank language, and informative comments.  One person was removed from The List because his issue was legit, so that's positive traction in Sprint's favor, I'd argue, because there appears to be a safety valve.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis