Author Topic: P-40E and 109K advices  (Read 1227 times)

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 05:30:28 AM »
Originally posted by scottydawg
I hate the vis issues in the 109s. Otherwise I'd fly them a lot more.

I do, too. I especially hate the horizontal frame just above the reflector sight in the K4, it prevents me from setting up the shots when I saddle on someone's six... it's as annoying as the glass in front of the P-38G gunsight!
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 04:02:52 PM »
JUst be careful when stall fighting with the torque...it can really kick ur arse...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline evenhaim

• Gold Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2007, 05:48:23 AM »
i only started flying the k4 when i got to know agent now he doesnt whoop me its just a mild spanking , but yes the oppisite torque is tricky at low speed

p40 is great e fighter i take it to furball any day its just like me mustang just more sluggish so i can kinda handle it filth and duke are your guys for p40 advice. but ya its got enough ammo too.
Freez/Freezman
Army of Muppets
I could strike down 1,000 bulletin board accounts in 5 seconds.
You want ownage, I'll give you ownage! -Skuzzy
I intend to live forever - so far, so good.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 06:33:11 AM »
I'd like to have some advice on fighting Spits with the K4. I have a .ahf that I'd like to post for you to comment on the fight, but unfortunately Picture Hangar is still down and I can't upload the file. It's a fight against a SpitIX, the pilot is a guy that I shot down some minutes before (me in K4, he in D Hog) I don't think the human factor had much impact on the outcome, it's just the planes and, I think the way I flew mine.

I'll post the clip as soon as I can.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 03:55:49 PM »
Hey Gian! Good move!

Its alot of fun,the Pee-Fawty that is. Id like to go fly it with ya sometime. I cant always think of how to explain things until Im doing them though. As far as fighting the Spits, especially the 9, you just have to practice avoiding his attacks. Over and over until he gets slow, or stupid. Hopefully both.

Nurse every bit of E you can get out of it. Nose down every time you evade an attack and then extend away from him the instant he passes, so you can buy tme to build up more speed in between attacks.

They usually get tired of this and prees their luck by turning back quickly on you again, but if you are ready..you always have to be ready :)   you can reverse and suprise him with the little E you've saved and then hes done.

~AoM~

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 03:36:17 PM »
I've been flying the K4 for a week myself and am slowly getting more confident and aggressive, but I can't handle the spits like everyone is talking about.  I slow them down turning with them and then go vert. when I nose back down they are there shooting me in the face nose up.  They climb darn near as well VIII"s, XVI's, and XIV's, im talking about and turn better, have comparable acceleration, and of course they can reach out and touch you with the hispanos, if I don't break contact soon enough.  Of course Im not good enough yet with the spud  to sell my angles for a shot because I end up dead.  Ene con high angle shot traveling 200 mph or greater will almost always fly through my slow "spud spray" untouched.  All this talk of kickin XVI's azzes with the K4 has me excited about the possibilities, but i'am not convinced yet.  I fly with combat trim off and make constant adjustments, and I'am doing much better.  I will take the advice of one of the posters and only fire the spud instead of the full battery because it has been very confusing trying to find your shooting eye, otherwise I just get a bunch of assists!  Pony's and the big blue planes etc are fun to tangle with but the big engined spits are giving me problems.  So yeah, I could use some advice just like Gian is asking for ie films etc from you more experienced drivers out there.  I know I'll get better shooting etc with time but anything that can be added to hasten the learning curve would be much appreciated Thanx.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 03:39:09 PM by Brentlo »

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:45:23 AM »
Brentlo, check your PM.

Fighting in the K4 is not easy, especially against Spitfires and the like, and because of that cannon's ballistic. But I can tell you you'll get used to it, do as they said, fire only the cannon and fire at pointblank range, you won't miss... another thing, try snapshots if you want, but don't rely on them and always try to saddle up on the enemy's rear quarter. If you tap gently the trigger, you can fire one potato at time, and it's more than sufficient to tear apart a fighter.... very beautiful effect, you'll see! :)

As for flying it, I spent an hour in TA with Dutchie, it was really useful, he gave me a lot of advices... I still have to master it, but the K4 can be surprising, especially for Spit pilots that thinks "easy target"! As I said, check your PM. ;)

Filth, I'd like to do the same with you for the P40E, can we arrange a meeting in TA? Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 04:51:18 AM by Gianlupo »

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 06:45:34 AM »
i recommend finding a bish mossie and waiting for him to enter a spin and auger.  Repeat until low on fuel;)
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Brentlo

• Zinc Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 08:46:56 AM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement Gian, I will keep plugging away.

Offline jerkins

• Nickel Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 09:49:54 AM »
when in doubt, keep the nose high in the k4.

Its always fun to throw it into a vertical scissors. you can usaully get two turns in, not many planes can match that, and you come down right on their 6.  Like platano was saying, watch the torque, it will throw you.

Im by no means an expert, just some things that have worked for me.  Got these from creton a while back.
Jerkins
Strike Bandits
B~Smooth Xtreme Racing

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
P-40E and 109K advices
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 12:53:48 PM »
Originally posted by thrila
i recommend finding a bish mossie and waiting for him to enter a spin and auger.  Repeat until low on fuel;)

:lol But, first of all, make sure Thrila is in control of it!

it was fun fighting with you, last evening. :)

Brentlo, you're welcome. Have you checked your Private Messages box? I sent you one this morning... click on the User CP buttom, in the upper left corner of this page, and search for PM... ;)