Author Topic: Got Milk?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
Re: Got Milk?
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2010, 07:00:45 PM »
uptown, the most important thing you need is a mass of dedicated ankle humping "helpers" these are very usefull in setting up easy kills and bailing you out of certain death when you run into a skilled stick.

Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2010, 07:00:52 PM »
come to mid and early war I bet you will do great there.

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »
Yup...whenever I type .score to find out my kills and stuff and I see a low score, I sometimes try to keep it low, but I lose the fun factor and it usually ends up going up if I 'try', therefore I don't bother with it.
yep
I often get caught up in "score" only to ruin my fun factor,, the harder I try for score, the less fun I have and my score usually drops as well when trying for it!
 I try for personal records instead, stuff like, no deaths in bombers all month, or no deaths in tigers all month, last month I got 67 kills in a tiger and didn't die once, but as soon as I new it, I started playing less and less with it, being afraid to "ruin" my streak! this month I died three times in a tiger the first day of play, yet I am having more fun in one than I did last month!!!
 of course "my" high score is under 300,hopefully,, not under 30  :lol I just like to be above the midway point on the score chart, I did like the thread about kill to death ratio's not long ago tho, I think it gives a little better perspective to the "smarts" if not the ability of the pilot/gv'r,  I was hoping to make the list last month, but it has not appeared yet!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 07:27:59 PM »
come to mid and early war I bet you will do great there.
:lol I hopped in there sat. nite for a few sorties. On my last flight of the night I'm at 10K in a 51 and I see a 109 at least 15K. Here he comes diving for all he's worth, I nose down hoping he'll follow and sure enough he took the bait and I could tell his ole 109 was locking up  :devil I just turned a little right then back left and was behind him 400 off. Shot his tail feathers out and smoked his engine. He's RTBing as fast as he can go. I give chase but he makes it to his field. I look over to my right and a 38 with about 3K on me, sees me and instead of turning to engage me, he goes nose down and runs all the way to his CV.  :lol I chase him into the ack and he gets proxie on me. I look at his stats and he's ranked 16th in fighters! :rofl

I did have a couple good fun fights with a few guys right before this happened, but the last set of aces I encountered just kind of ruined my impression of the whole arena at that point.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2010, 07:34:56 PM »
I look at his stats and he's ranked 16th in fighters! :rofl

MW is a small arena with few players and relatively few sorties. It doesn't take much to get a seemingly "low" rank there. EW is even worse... you can end up #1 in fighters with 2 or 3 "lucky" sorties (shoot down a noon in buffs over your base, get a k/h of 20, hit% of 50, and do not fly again in fighter mode the whole tour) - something that's outright impossible in LW.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
Yeah when I seen he was 16th in fighters, my 1st thought was, "well there must only be like 15 that fly in here".  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
of course there is always the chance you will get your butt kicked in EW/MW.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 09:10:28 PM »
of course there is always the chance you will get your butt kicked in EW/MW.
Indeed. My previous post was not meant as a boast, but as a observation of how little skill and fighting it actually takes to score well in EW/MW. Sorry if that offends you, but it's the truth.   :salute
Lighten up Francis

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2010, 09:18:41 PM »
No offense just why not come and see how you do. Give it a month all you got and see where you land.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »
Indeed. My previous post was not meant as a boast, but as a observation of how little skill and fighting it actually takes to score well in EW/MW. Sorry if that offends you, but it's the truth.   :salute

some of the best fights are in MW,some of the best sticks hang there as well

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2010, 09:35:23 PM »
I just may do that Flatiron. I think it'd be a good change of pace actually.
Lighten up Francis

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 12:51:03 AM »
jesus Town,
Just hit up Shawk....

It's obviously very important to him to be # one all the time so he must be the best milker in the game  :D

wanna have yer name in lights, go to the source  :old:

or ya could just have fun.......

froger
frogs are people too

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 08:43:44 AM »
I try not to even worry about my score anymore... did for awhile, and WWhiskey is right.. it tends to take the fun out of playing. 

Cobia is right too... there are very good sticks in EW/MW... just because the arena has small numbers, doesnt mean the players there arent good.

And no... score is not a complete reflection of how good someone really is.  To assume it is, will get you killed quickly.

***G3-MF***