Author Topic: New Mossie  (Read 5317 times)

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Re: New Mossie
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2010, 09:55:31 AM »
How goes, thrila? What news of Her Majesty's fleet?

Hi scherf, it's going well thanks.  I'm heading up to yeovilton for flight grading soon, to see if have what it takes to continue training, so fingers crossed. 
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
Good luck, thrila.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
Yeah mate, good luck.

I think there's an FAA museum in Yeovilton too? Can remember going there "when oi were a lad, arrrrr."

Anyway, good luck again.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: May 10, 2010, 05:22:53 AM »
good luck mate, and have fun
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #124 on: May 10, 2010, 01:42:58 PM »
On another thought, Pyro had stated that the mossie is being completely redone. Are we going to see a change in how the mossie can fight low and slow? I realize the plane isnt designed for it, but would it be more capable? And what about the center of gravity? Will the mossie have more gentler stall characteristics?
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline bravoa8

• Silver Member
« Reply #125 on: May 10, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »
On another thought, Pyro had stated that the mossie is being completely redone. Are we going to see a change in how the mossie can fight low and slow? I realize the plane isnt designed for it, but would it be more capable? And what about the center of gravity? Will the mossie have more gentler stall characteristics?
Maybe just maybe... :x

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #126 on: May 10, 2010, 06:11:12 PM »
We won't know until we get our hands on it.  I imagine several of us will be putting it through its paces as though it were a new aircraft when it is released.  We should have date soon after release.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #127 on: May 10, 2010, 08:05:49 PM »
Will the pilot move around like they do in the WWI aircraft?

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »

I hope not! The flight model is just fine for me. All I am looking forward to is more speed and better graphics. As Karnak says a few of us will certainly be submitting reviews once it is released  :joystick:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.