Author Topic: So, what do you drive?  (Read 37173 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: So, what do you drive?
« Reply #435 on: April 01, 2008, 09:46:04 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Sweet, Barrett.  What year is the T-type?  I had a '85 GN with a Joe Lubrant chip, Scan Master II, Cottons MAT, '87 ECM, K&N with cold air, 3" down pipe and adjustable wastegate.  That car was a tire fryer.

Nothing like embarrassing Mustangs and Camaros (and the occasional Vette) with a Buick family car!

my understanding was that these ate vettes for lunch too?

when i used to street race(way back when i was dumb enough to do that in philly)  i found the trick to beating the GN's was to get the guy pissed off...then he'd run ya when he was still hot.....and that seemed to kill their power considerably.  BTW, if any of you are looking, i have a good friend here in south jersey selling one....it needs body work though......and it ran 10.70;s.....

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #436 on: April 01, 2008, 09:59:37 PM »
SS Commodore

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #437 on: April 01, 2008, 10:00:11 PM »
79  TRANS AM SPECIAL EDITION /OLDS 455 bored .080 over .550 roller cam, 1150 holly, 175hp shot nitros, 700r4 trans with 3,000rpm stall lock up 4th gear, with 3:73 gears.

I am dumb,errrrr dont know how to post jpg. Working on it.

Flayed1 and I own '79 Trans Ams, both with rebuilt Olds 403's & TH350 automatics. (We didn't do the rebuilds as we aren't smart enough.:D) Both are in the rough. My special edition is in running order, but it needs lots of cosmetic work. Flayd's is a red bird in the middle of a tranny replacement at the moment.

Now, the car in the background (and no, not my kid's little orange thing) is a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix (junker) with a Pontiac 400 engine we extracted. Remember "Smokey?"
The rest of my collection is waaaaay back on page 5 of this thread. Again, pics were taken with an old cell phone camera. Crappy quality.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #438 on: April 01, 2008, 10:06:22 PM »
when bob glidden had his 79 futura

now why is that name familiar?
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #439 on: April 01, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
now why is that name familiar?

maybe due to the fact that he was one of the winningest pro stock drivers in drag racing history? :D

and from what i've heard, one helluva nice guy too.....

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #440 on: April 01, 2008, 11:56:00 PM »
Flayed1 and I own '79 Trans Ams, both with rebuilt Olds 403's & TH350 automatics. (We didn't do the rebuilds as we aren't smart enough.:D) Both are in the rough. My special edition is in running order, but it needs lots of cosmetic work. Flayd's is a red bird in the middle of a tranny replacement at the moment.

(Image removed from quote.)

Now, the car in the background (and no, not my kid's little orange thing) is a 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix (junker) with a Pontiac 400 engine we extracted. Remember "Smokey?"
The rest of my collection is waaaaay back on page 5 of this thread. Again, pics were taken with an old cell phone camera. Crappy quality.

dude...nice looking ride. while i'm a ford nut, i like ANYTHING  that's fast and has that V-8 rumble....and in the case of this style TA, there's not enough on the road anymore........you'll have a beautiful machine when she's done......and she'll stand out nicely in the never-ending sea of camaros.

<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SD67

• Gold Member
« Reply #441 on: April 02, 2008, 06:10:42 AM »
Ahhh there is that, and there is a Bob Glidden from Eminence on the KR list building a KR2S and restoring a KR2, which I believe is almost ready to fly.:)
I wonder if they are one and the same? it's truly a small world if they are!
9GIAP VVS RKKA
You're under arrest for violation of the Government knows best act!
Fabricati diem, punc
Absinthe makes the Tart grow fonder

Offline Barrett

• Copper Member
« Reply #442 on: April 02, 2008, 09:04:36 AM »
Roundeye - Cap1

That one is an 84 T-Type I bought new - the pic is after resto 4 years ago. Has about 150k miles and is a great cruiser/highway car but not particularly fast (faster than most tho)

The project took so long that I bought an 87 T for a driver - that's the one that would eat vettes and most everything else. Fastest car built in US in 87 - or so they say.

The intake manifolds were different on the 86 and 87's allowing better breathing = more power. Little bigger turbo and the intercooler as well. My 87 (bigger injectors and etc.) will do 0-60 in about 4.5.. It is apart in my garage getting a clean-up now (been about a year and a half) I gotta be careful with it - at WOT it's pretty close to detonation...

The guy who did the paint on the 84 built one that wound up with over 800 rear wheel h.p. (142 in the quarter) There is one in Springfield, MA w/around 1000 rwhp - and it's street legal  :rolleyes:

At one point, my son and I had four of these - now we only have three (2 84's and the 87)

Appreciate your interest...

BONDEN1 9GIAP VVS RKKA

_____________________________ ______________
I'm so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here...

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #443 on: April 02, 2008, 09:35:16 AM »
Ahhh there is that, and there is a Bob Glidden from Eminence on the KR list building a KR2S and restoring a KR2, which I believe is almost ready to fly.:)
I wonder if they are one and the same? it's truly a small world if they are!

so many racers are flying lately, i'd bet it is......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #444 on: April 02, 2008, 09:39:39 AM »
Roundeye - Cap1

That one is an 84 T-Type I bought new - the pic is after resto 4 years ago. Has about 150k miles and is a great cruiser/highway car but not particularly fast (faster than most tho)

The project took so long that I bought an 87 T for a driver - that's the one that would eat vettes and most everything else. Fastest car built in US in 87 - or so they say.

The intake manifolds were different on the 86 and 87's allowing better breathing = more power. Little bigger turbo and the intercooler as well. My 87 (bigger injectors and etc.) will do 0-60 in about 4.5.. It is apart in my garage getting a clean-up now (been about a year and a half) I gotta be careful with it - at WOT it's pretty close to detonation...

The guy who did the paint on the 84 built one that wound up with over 800 rear wheel h.p. (142 in the quarter) There is one in Springfield, MA w/around 1000 rwhp - and it's street legal  :rolleyes:

At one point, my son and I had four of these - now we only have three (2 84's and the 87)

Appreciate your interest...

like i said in an earlier post... i like the V8 rumble...and i like to make my horsepower without power adders......but i've always loved the looks of these cars. put it in the street in front of your house, walk about 30 feet away, and turn round and look at it...it kinda just says "get the hell outta my way NOW" :D   almost looks like they're doing 80 just sitting there. for all the good looking cars they're building today though, they'll never match classic styling like the GN's, old mustangs, cudas, cutlass's etc........... :aok
<<S>>
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #445 on: April 02, 2008, 02:40:07 PM »
This is my primary vehicle.

1967 VW Bus. "The Jolly Rancher"
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline ZetaNine

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #446 on: April 02, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
BMW owner for 15 years........now......(since 2003).... HYUNDAI FOR LIFE !!!!

better built, better backed cars in almost all classes it's in.  no better combination of safety, reliability (since 2003) free options, price, and mileage.

I drive an 08 Azera..wife has a Sonata Limited..waiting for 2010 to get a Genesis.

Offline Entr0py

• Zinc Member
« Reply #447 on: April 02, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
The official car for irresponsible driving---->

I'm too wack for a sig. (Camaro, not just a car, it's a lifestyle.)

Offline rstel01

• Copper Member
« Reply #448 on: April 02, 2008, 06:02:08 PM »
Primary "Family Truckster": 08 250 S-Duty

Great Truck but, I also have an 06 Chevy Colorado Z-71 Quad Cab as my company car. I cant say enough great things about those mid-size Chevy P/U's. I drive about 30K a year for work and never any problems with the Colorado!

Fun Cars:

03 Mach 1
(4:10's, 31 Spline Axles, Auburn Pro Diff, SLP's, otherwise stock 4.6 DOHC and runs about 12.7-13.1) Really is my wifes sunny day car/summer car. We have had it since new about 5 years and it has almost 9,000 miles. Its mostly fun for her and although we are older (40's) we enjoy going out beating up ricers with it.  

84 20th Anny Mustangs
(Restored to Stock but many hidden-mods 3.73 8.8 Rear Upgrade, Full Maximum Motorsports Suspesnion, hidden true duals, Full MSD Ignition, X-303 cam,GT-40X heads, etc good strong mildly built carb'd 5.0) I love this car and will be buried with it. I was in high school when these 20th anny's came out but was not able to buy my first new fox until 86.

I usually dont run it with the Metric 390mm TRX Tires but, these Nitto's on White Pony Wheels. I keep the OEM Michelin 390mm wheels and tires off until I go to Ford shows.

Project Cars:

I also have one of the 6 Known 84 Anny cars with Turbo 2.3 and T-Top that Ford Built. It is a very long term project and is heavily rusted.

I realized when I hit 5 mid-80's fox body Mustangs I had a problem so scaled back just to the 84 Anny Cars!

I also Restore old British Bikes (although thats somewhat on the back burner right now)

This is a pic of my 68 and 01 Triumph Bonneville's:

This is a better pic of the 01 (its really more my wifes bike, as I cant ever see her priming the Amals and speaking nicley to Lucas a.k.a prince of Darkness electronics):

Offline minke

• Nickel Member
« Reply #449 on: April 02, 2008, 06:44:41 PM »
I drive an audi s4,my mate has an evo IX,would like one myself,but way way out of my price range :pray :pray