Author Topic: Old Timer Problems  (Read 1802 times)

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2007, 06:26:54 AM »
I've had vision problems since the last release. I swear visual distances have changed, to me tanks appear smaller at short range (to me what was the size of a panzer at 1200-1500 is now 800) and planes are next to impossible to spot until they are very close. But Waffle says it's still 15? miles. (I might be wrong on the distance it might be 5) :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 06:46:22 AM by NHawk »
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2007, 07:49:53 AM »
The screen dot and the zoom key mapped to a stick button. I don't zoom all the way in, just enuf to maybe increase target size 20% or so.

Get real close and just as you feel the urge to press the trigger, hit the zoom button and fine tune.

Oh, and Sam's Club cheaters, of course. I'm using 2x for gaming.

Works for me.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2007, 07:56:36 AM »
unless you set your larger monitor at a lower resolution, the larger monitor does not help you see any better.
I have a 24" dell but run it at 1920x1200 so the planes are still very small. I zoom in alot when I am in close to help see better.

think I'd rather miss what I am shooting at in AH then stare at a dot in the center of my monitor the rest of the time I'm on the computer LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

storch

Old Timer Problems
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2007, 07:57:52 AM »
there are other uses for a computer??

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2007, 07:59:05 AM »
When I turned 50 I started using the WalMart special glasses. 1.99 with a magnification of 1.5.  I finally had to break down and see an Eye Doctor and get prescription glasses.  Within a year and a half I had to see the Eye Doctor again and get a new prescription.  I do notice I shoot better when I get new glasses.  When my bullets hit nothing but air it's time to make another appointment and sure enough I need new glasses.

Got my first set of prescription glasses at 56 and 18 months later I had to get another prescription.  And yes I use a 22inch monitor flying at 1280X1024 hi-res.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2007, 01:21:14 PM »
Hmmmmmm...I don't think it has anything to do with age.   Before the "frames friendly" landscape was introduced...it was easy to pick up targets against the ground.    Since the change....to the dark side....its been harder to see ANYTHING!    

When they first changed it....you couldn't even see the HILLS if you were AGL 100.   Lots of people complained and it got a little better.  But nothing like it was before the change.

Do a search on Gamma and Terrain....you will see the same.... I can't see s**t! complaints.

It is what it is.

Softail

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
Actually softtail I was having this problem before the changes.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2007, 01:45:11 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
Actually softtail I was having this problem before the changes.

Really?   Hmmmmmmm......how many fingers am I holding up now? ;-)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »
Didn't your mom teach you that was rude?:D

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »
Dear Mrs Shifty,

When She Devil allowed me to purchase the 23" flat panel so I could enjoy the game more I suddenly became easier to live with, my flatulance practically disappeared, and the dogs quit cowering when I was at my controls after a few weeks of deprogramming, and all four of the children quit hiding in their rooms.

Just a thought.

Your friend

Dicho :D

PS a video card that supports two monitors makes for a happier mate as well.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2007, 02:14:31 PM »
Originally posted by Softail
Really?   Hmmmmmmm......how many fingers am I holding up now? ;-)

can't tell, they're all buried in your nose :P
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
I suddenly became easier to live with, my flatulance practically disappeared,

That won't work Dicho, she's met you in person remember. :lol

Offline stickpig

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2007, 02:59:04 PM »
Try setting a button to toggle your zoom....... When your following or on thier 6 you can toggle the zoom and see them just fine.
Theyll only give you one chance, Better get it right first time. And the game youre playing
If you lose you gotta pay, If you make just one wrong move Youll get blown away
Expect no mercy  <Nazareth>

"Stay in the manned ack... When your in a plane you are a danger to the ground"  <Norad>

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2007, 03:06:01 PM »
I can't tell if storch is joking or not when he says take a sharpie to your monitor, but that would be a bad idea for an LCD screen since it's plastic, not glass.  I'd say if  you want to go that route then put a dot on a piece of scotch tape and use that.

Also, I've found that lowering the ambient lighting and adjusting the gamma (in game) and color balance (on the monitor) can go a long way to helping in-game vision.  As well, crank your refresh rate up to its max on a CRT monitor.  I don't think that has much effect on LCD since they don't scan the way CRTs do.

storch

Old Timer Problems
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2007, 03:13:39 PM »
my monitor is a dinosaur, I have a viewsonic A91f+  it is CRT.  so forgive me for not considering those that may have a different type of monitor