Author Topic: im new and with a few ?'s  (Read 609 times)

Offline oaky8

• Zinc Member
im new and with a few ?'s
« on: July 17, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »
Hi!!!!!! I have just joined these forums and have bin playing AH2 for a couple of days. I really like the game but i have 2 problems. Ok my biggest problem is that when i try to take off by my self the plane veers to the left. In the dash board thing the elevator indicator is all the way to the right. Is there some way i can fix that? My other question is that there is this annoying bark blue-purplish line across the horizon. its about an itch tall. can i make that go away? i have used the no horizon button but i don't like how it looks.

also what is that ---> :noid suppost to be??:huh

Offline Flit

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 10:51:29 PM »
The pull is the torque modeled in the game.
 Just use auto takeoff till you get use to it.( I still do)
 Try hitting shift F1, F2  and F3  for the video.
 Good Luck, and welcome to the addiction.
:noid  is paranoid  :D

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 11:19:34 PM »
To compensate for torque, just apply opposite rudder. Since the plane veers to the left, you would apply right rudder; but personally I would recommend that you take advantage of the auto take off feature, it’s just one less thing you have to worry about.
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: im new and with a few ?'s
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:32:09 PM »
Originally posted by oaky8
Hi!!!!!! I have just joined these forums and have bin playing AH2 for a couple of days. I really like the game but i have 2 problems. Ok my biggest problem is that when i try to take off by my self the plane veers to the left. In the dash board thing the elevator indicator is all the way to the right. Is there some way i can fix that? My other question is that there is this annoying bark blue-purplish line across the horizon. its about an itch tall. can i make that go away? i have used the no horizon button but i don't like how it looks.

is that when i try to take off by my self the plane veers to the left

1)ok.....this is caused by P factor. that's the engine's rotational force, the gyroscopic effect of the engine, the prop, all forcing the aircraft to the left. the first thing to remember is to NOT just punch the throttle. do a 5 count....you know.....1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, etc........as you do this the plane's gonna still want to go left, but now all you do is apply opposite rudder as neded. it takes a bit of getting used to, but it's not really that hard.

hope this helped a bit........

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline oaky8

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:21:48 AM »
ok thanks. But y is my aileron indicator all the way to the left. also how to yall map the rudder movement on the joystick? or do you use peddles?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 12:24:57 AM »
ok thanks. But y is my aileron indicator all the way to the left. also how to yall map the rudder movement on the joystick? or do you use peddles?

aielron trim is the "J" and "L" keys....j trim left, l trim right. elevator trim is "K" and "I" k trim nose up, i trim nose down.
rudder trim is "M" and "<"  m is left, < is right.

i started with a twisty stick.......i now use ch rudder pedals. i think they're MUCH better.

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 01:28:35 AM »
Greetings,

Just a silly question.  Have you calibrated your controls within the game?

Regards,

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 07:08:00 AM »

Welcome aboard Oaky8.  I suggest that you go to the training arena and hook up with a trainer.  Any trainer will be more than glad to assist you in your indoctrination into Aces High.  Salute .  wizer

Offline duddini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »
Ok my biggest problem is that when i try to take off by my self the plane veers to the left.  

After you choose your plane in the hanger, click on any runway other than the center "H" (this spawns you in the hanger) and auto-takeoff is enabled. Just don't move your stick until after you have lifted off and the gear retracts by itself. If you pick the center "H" and spawn in the hanger, you have to taxi out to the runway and manually take off.

I use auto takeaoff all the time....of course I suk big time :)

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:50:30 AM »
:noid   <------- Thats the aluminim hat and black helo's
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 03:56:34 PM »
Originally posted by MWL
Greetings,

Just a silly question.  Have you calibrated your controls within the game?

Regards,

actually, that's not silly at all.....before i went into that long explanation of why it goes left and what to do, i should've mentionred that:aok

<>

john
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 04:03:54 PM »
Oaky8

Youll find out that there are no silly questions.  We were all noobs once.  

As recommended above use the auto takeoff feature.  It will save you loads of hassle in the future.  It's a good idea to practice taking off without it offline in case you bump your stick or something while on the runway.

Go to the trainers site http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/ and read a LOT.  Approximately 99% of your questions can be answered there with simple to read tutorials and advice for even advanced pilots.  Also may I recommend http://www.netaces.org which has a plethora of advice on tactics, practices, and training.

If you don't have a stick already and are on a tight budget I recommend a saitek 290.  About $20 at Walmart.  Thats what I started off with.

Last advice from me is be respectful of other members even when they aren't and enjoy yourself.

If you see me in the TA which is where I fly when the AVA is dull feel free to whistle me up and put some lead in me.

Dicho
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 04:10:12 PM »
Originally posted by Dichotomy
Oaky8

Youll find out that there are no silly questions.  We were all noobs once.  

As recommended above use the auto takeoff feature.  It will save you loads of hassle in the future.  It's a good idea to practice taking off without it offline in case you bump your stick or something while on the runway.

Go to the trainers site http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/ and read a LOT.  Approximately 99% of your questions can be answered there with simple to read tutorials and advice for even advanced pilots.  Also may I recommend http://www.netaces.org which has a plethora of advice on tactics, practices, and training.

1)what is a plethora? :D

If you don't have a stick already and are on a tight budget I recommend a saitek 290.  About $20 at Walmart.  Thats what I started off with.

Last advice from me is be respectful of other members even when they aren't and enjoy yourself.

2)that's a good point,.......it does sem that there's a lot in here that get their rocks off on picking on new guys...just enjoy as  Dichotomy suggests.....and if you have come up with questions in any of the MA's, just ask on country channel......someone'll almost always help ya there.....but....make heavy use of the trraining arena and the sites that're linked in here too......very helpful

If you see me in the TA which is where I fly when the AVA is dull feel free to whistle me up and put some lead in me.

Dicho
:D

also...i forgto in other posts.........WELCOME TO THE MADNESS!!!!!!!:aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 04:21:20 PM »
pleth·o·ra      /ˈplɛèərə/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pleth-er-uh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. overabundance; excess: a plethora of advice and assistance.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute