Author Topic: Spies - closing a game hole.  (Read 4068 times)

Offline 68slayr

• Nickel Member
Spies - closing a game hole.
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 02:13:24 AM »
if he switched countrys to resupply....just kill him resupplying :D

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 02:35:29 AM »
Originally posted by carhint
Again � I was doing I was open about for the reasons stated above.  And yep - it was not much fun for me either.

Then why did you do it?  Why would you punish a whole country because one of it's players switched to your side to spy?  You obviously didn't like it when it was done to your country, so why would you do it?  Like VWE said "2 wrongs don't make a right."

As for being able to kill your own country men, thats just a terrible idea.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 02:51:36 AM »
If killshooter was disabled it would be mahem. Noobs, drunks and idiots would shoot at you all day and vice versa.

The squeaker problem on range vox would be solved tho. I would put them out of their misery everytime they would get witin annoying range. :lol

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 04:32:55 AM »
How about why care about how others with to spend their 14.95?
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline rogerdee

• Gold Member
      • http://rogerdee.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2007, 04:40:13 AM »
last night  in one of the late arenas i got called  a cheat because i found out where our captured cv was being hidden.

I took off in a set of lancs flew 8 sectors searcing for it then when i found it and was shot down i got pmed being called a cheat  and a lier.

now anyone with a brain would know where to look for it  and just had to get positive id on it.

why cheat and spy when all u need is to use your brain and some tatics.
490th battling bulldogs
www.rogerdee.co.uk

it does what it says on the tin

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 06:40:19 AM »
Originally posted by Nilsen
The squeaker problem on range vox would be solved tho. I would put them out of their misery everytime they would get witin annoying range. :lol

:rofl
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 06:44:33 AM »
Originally posted by VWE
2 wrongs always make a right... how old are you, 12?

I see nothing wrong with what he did.  You know what they say about "paybacks".

HTC isn't going to do anything about it, it's up to the community to address it.  

Personally, I think spying like that is a rotten thing to do.  There is almost zero risk unlike RL, so some will do it just because they can't "win" any other way, it's weak.  I would say the original spy was the 12 year old.  If I was in his situation, I just might have done the same thing.  He was open and honest about what he was doing, so why not?  If the other side was so mad he did what he did, they should have addressed it with their own spy, and the problem would have gone away.

A few months after I started playing, I lost several tanks attacking a town.  There was another tank sitting on the hill that had a green icon and he was never fired on for over a half an hour.  I was sure he was a spy.  I almost changed sides and blew him up, but I was trying not to be that way.  I should have...

If he wants to spy, let him, but he should be prepared to pay, just like a real spy :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 06:59:47 AM »
HTC want people to switch sides, so he's not oing to slow it down any, and seeing "spying" ain't really cheating, they most likely won't do anything about it either.

Yes spying is low and dweebish. However, if I had been you, I would have switched side and had my buddies spot him for me. I would have spent all my time bombing him and killing him as many times as I could. He would have been too busy dodging me to be a help to his buddies. Remember, HT has said that this "game" is all about "pissing the other guy off"  :t

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 07:05:25 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
If I was in his situation, I just might have done the same thing.  He was open and honest about what he was doing, so why not?  If the other side was so mad he did what he did, they should have addressed it with their own spy, and the problem would have gone away.

You can't be serious?  So if someone goes over to another country and spies on them why should the entire country that he came from pay for?  It's not their fault that guy went over to another country and spied, so why should they all pay for it by you going over and doing it to their country.  Say I'm on the Bish side and some guy goes over to your side(lets just say the Rook's) and spies on them, why should my country be held at fault and have you come over and spy on us?  You can't punnish an entire side just because of one loser.  And tell me how a country is supposed handle someone who has gone over to another side and is spying on them?  You can't communicate with someone who's in another country accept on 200, and how can they stop him if they want to?  Again as VME said "2 wrongs don't make a right"
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:10:12 AM by trax1 »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 07:10:42 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
You can't be serious?  So if someone goes over to another country and spies on them why should the entire country that he came from pay for?  It's not their fault that guy went over to another country and spied, so why should they all pay for it by you going over and doing it to their country.  Say I'm on the Bish side and some guy goes over to your side(lets just say the Rook's) and spies on them, why should my country be held at fault and have you come over and spy on us?  You can't punnish an entire side just because of one loser.

Sure punish the whole country. If you were recieving info and not doing anything to stop it, I'm ok with it. You were in the perfect position to bomb the spy till he stopped, save me the trouble of switching side to come do it myself.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 07:14:25 AM »
I had just joined the fight when I started hearing this big whiner going on and on about cheating. I don't understand why you made youreself so misserable over a spy. Most of us on the nit side had no idea. So we put up with what you were doing and took over the base you were spying for. Actually I had a really good time taking on your squaddies when they knew where every one was. The only thing is, I asked you to bring troops several times and you never did.   :D
325th Checkertails

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 07:24:14 AM »
These "mommy! Mommy!" threads are the best.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 07:38:52 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Sure punish the whole country. If you were recieving info and not doing anything to stop it, I'm ok with it. You were in the perfect position to bomb the spy till he stopped, save me the trouble of switching side to come do it myself.

How do you know that the other country is reciving the info, when you go to another country you really don't have anyway to talk to people in the other country, except squadies, but most squads in the game would never allow a member to do something like that, and if they do there just a squad full of squeeker losers anyways.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 07:41:14 AM by trax1 »

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 07:53:23 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
You can't be serious?  So if someone goes over to another country and spies on them why should the entire country that he came from pay for?  It's not their fault that guy went over to another country and spied, so why should they all pay for it by you going over and doing it to their country.  Say I'm on the Bish side and some guy goes over to your side(lets just say the Rook's) and spies on them, why should my country be held at fault and have you come over and spy on us?  You can't punnish an entire side just because of one loser.  And tell me how a country is supposed handle someone who has gone over to another side and is spying on them?  You can't communicate with someone who's in another country accept on 200, and how can they stop him if they want to?  Again as VME said "2 wrongs don't make a right"

I am serious..  

If an entire country benefits from a spies actions, then the entire country can "pay" for the one losers actions (eye for an eye).

Since it's not "cheating", just dweeby, I say return the favor if you know it's happening.  It's kind of like boot camp.  When one soldier screws up, everyone pays.  Makes the unit self policing

When I was young my mama always said "Don't you dare start a fight.  If however someone hits you, punch them back twice as hard, then next time they will think twice about hitting you."
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2007, 07:59:17 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
I am serious..  

If an entire country benefits from a spies actions, then the entire country can "pay" for the one losers actions (eye for an eye).

Since it's not "cheating", just dweeby, I say return the favor if you know it's happening.  It's kind of like boot camp.  When one soldier screws up, everyone pays.  Makes the unit self policing

When I was young my mama always said "Don't you dare start a fight.  If however someone hits you, punch them back twice as hard, then next time they will think twice about hitting you."

Yeah but what I'm saying is how do you know that the whole country is benifiting from it?  Like I said when your in another country you can't communicate to people in another country, except on 200, or through a squadie, but in all the time I've been playing AH I've never seen someone telling a country that they have a spy and the spy said the cv or whatever is in this loc, and I think even if someone would most people in the country wouldn't put up with it because like you said it's dweebish.