Author Topic: Spies - closing a game hole.  (Read 4055 times)

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
Spies - closing a game hole.
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2007, 08:29:17 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
Yeah but what I'm saying is how do you know that the whole country is benifiting from it?  Like I said when your in another country you can't communicate to people in another country, except on 200, or through a squadie, but in all the time I've been playing AH I've never seen someone telling a country that they have a spy and the spy said the cv or whatever is in this loc, and I think even if someone would most people in the country wouldn't put up with it because like you said it's dweebish.

If they knew a spy said something about a CV, then they too were or had a spy, right?

Remember what the original poster said he did
Originally posted by carhint
[...]As pay back I went Nit for a while and spotted and dropped supplies.  [...]

Effecting the "entire" country is a bit of a stretch, but for sure it was paybacks consistant with the crime IMHO.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Hoarach

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I think that maybe folks need to remember it's a game and not take it nearly as serious as they do :)

I can barely remember what country I'm flying for when I fly.  Could be I'm spying on myself?

Have to be spies....hell SAPP has people flying on all countries.  :noid
Fringe
Nose Art
80th FS "Headhunters"

Secret Association of P38 Pilots

storch

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2007, 08:39:31 AM »
why not accept the fact that the practice does exist and move on?  for instance there are members of the FoSG squads who remain in the squad but for whatever reason PM me with the location of CVs and stuff like that.  since I don't care much about the war and only occassionally up bombers I generally do nothing with that information.  the information I do use is when altitude and bomber strength is passed on to me.  that is why you see me at FoSG raids so often I have a secret admirer within the FoSGs, this is complete unsolicited and I'm indifferent as to whether I ever hear from these players again.  personally it smacks of sharp practice and that isn't right, even in a game hence this post.  they may not be FoSGs squad members but perhaps players who tune into their frequency, I never bother to look on the roster to see if they are actually in that squad.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:49:32 AM by storch »

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »
I pretty much agree Carhint.

Also, don't look for principles on the bulletin boards.  

Some posters mock merely.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2007, 08:49:14 AM »
Originally posted by Scca
If they knew a spy said something about a CV, then they too were or had a spy, right?

Remember what the original poster said he did
Effecting the "entire" country is a bit of a stretch, but for sure it was paybacks consistant with the crime IMHO.

It's just childish and kinda dweebish to even want to get payback, thats all I've been saying
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

storch

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »
It's just childish and kinda dweebish to even want to get payback, thats all I've been saying
yes it's pretty stupid behavior on both sides of this issue.

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007, 08:51:19 AM »
Originally posted by storch
yes it's pretty stupid behavior on both sides of this issue.

amen
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
Re: Spies - closing a game hole.
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007, 09:07:47 AM »
Originally posted by carhint
(We lost two guys defending the downed town because the guy was spotting.)  

That is terible news.  Could someone lease organize a memorial flight fpr them?  Please let me know when and in what plane to be.

Big to the ones fallen for their chess piece
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007, 09:24:16 AM »
Then why did you do it?  Why would you punish a whole country because one of it's players switched to your side to spy?  You obviously didn't like it when it was done to your country, so why would you do it?  Like VWE said "2 wrongs don't make a right."

As for being able to kill your own country men, thats just a terrible idea.

i have to agree....if killshooter was turned off kermit would never let me land any kills...bad nuff he uses me for bait as is. hehe

oh and......the spyin thing...sounds like BOTH yall need to get a life...2 wrongs dont make a right, our mom's taught us that long time ago back in like kindergarden. if the first guy actually took the time to do something like that it means...he NEEDS a life...and if u actually took the time to do what u did..then u NEED a life too. lets all remember one thing. ITS A ONLINE GAME!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 09:28:09 AM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
Re: Re: Spies - closing a game hole.
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2007, 09:25:51 AM »
Originally posted by dedalos
That is terible news.  Could someone lease organize a memorial flight fpr them?  Please let me know when and in what plane to be.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2007, 09:28:42 AM »

NOW DAT FUNNY RIGHT THUR!!!:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

storch

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2007, 09:33:33 AM »

:rofl

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »
this could be fixed...disable killshooter for 1 hour on players that switch sides.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2007, 10:00:09 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
this could be fixed...disable killshooter for 1 hour on players that switch sides.

Players would stop jumping to the outnumbered side, which is especially important in EW/MW arenas.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Bingolong

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2007, 10:22:41 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I think that maybe folks need to remember it's a game and not take it nearly as serious as they do :)

I can barely remember what country I'm flying for when I fly.  Could be I'm spying on myself?

I bet you remember your squads mates though and I bet you talk to them too, no mater what side your on. To me that is what should be disabled cross country coms. Squadmates can change sides and still talk on sqd vox
type on sqd channel. BS.