Author Topic: Never done AvA  (Read 512 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Never done AvA
« on: July 17, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »
Okay.. maybe once or twice :p but that was when there were... 2 or 3 people in the arena.

I'm planning on dropping into the AvA arena tonight...   (or whatever night it's not busy)

Can anybody tell me what to expect?  I'm not very good and I hear alot of good sticks hang out here... so I'm a little nervous.  

And also, a question that's been lingering in my HUUUGE brain.  What are good nights to come and at what time's?  

Other than this I look forward to seeing you guys tonight (kinda') :D
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »
From what I gather, Tuesday and Thurs are the best time.  Shifty seems to bring a gang in around 8pm EST.

Other than that, if you see 1 or 2 guys in there, hop on in and see what's up.  Once a few people log in, and inertia builds up and you can possibly have some nice 4 v4 or more fights.

Alot, or most, of the AvA 'regulars' seem to be much better than average, measured against your typical MA player.  My opinion only.

Your AvA score doesn't count against or for your MA score, so if you're worried about your score, you can fly all out in the AvA and still be a score hound in MA.

Generally people don't HO or vulch or gang too much in AvA, but then again, it's always best to keep out of the pipper of the enemy and not have to worry about getting HO'd.  It does happen, happened to me tonight in a night of really good players.  Still not sure why, it was 1v1 at about 11k.  No real good reason to HO on the merge.  My fault for getting in front though.

Guess that's about all I can offer.  I really like AvA, but I get killed alot in there.
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 12:06:47 AM »
Originally posted by toonces3
Shifty seems to bring a gang in around 8pm EST.

Sure, get a few white guys from Texas together and it's suddenly a gang. I see where this is going, you racist!

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 12:18:05 AM »
One of them is a Canadian. Or an Eskimo.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 12:27:01 AM »
Canadian? Burn the witch!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Never done AvA
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
One of them is a Canadian. Or an Eskimo.

More than just one, half the squad is Canadian. We're half Canadian, the other half of the squad seems to be mainly from the southern US. Except for Bug from New York. That's why he makes the perfect CO, he hates us all.:D

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 08:56:47 AM »
No wonder we smell like poutine...and beer.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 08:59:23 PM »
eh?:huh

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
Originally posted by plank
Sure, get a few white guys from Texas together and it's suddenly a gang. I see where this is going, you racist!

Actually, if you get a few white guys from Texas together...nevermind. :D

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 09:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Actually, if you get a few white guys from Texas together...nevermind. :D

I wish I could quit you!

storch

Never done AvA
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 10:04:15 AM »
oh no I think a led zep cover is about happen.

Offline Phaser11

• Silver Member
Never done AvA
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 12:38:20 PM »
Boy,
 The AVA has changed a lot.......no not really.
Phaser11,

"Long time we no get drunk together nathen"
"Silence! I kill you"