Author Topic: Dayton Get Together Latest News!!  (Read 3690 times)

Offline angel13

• Zinc Member
Dayton Get Together Latest News!!
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2007, 11:09:44 PM »
First, I just want to say one thing to Falcon, have a little respect for the dead.  What if his family were to read your post?  Think about how you would feel before you so freely give your opinion.

I just want to tell everyone that it was an incredible experience getting to meet everyone.  I have not been on the game for very long, and the advise that was given me this weekend is invaluable!  It will be nice to have a face to go with the names of those that will inevitibly shoot me down :lol  I look forward to next years get together, and hope that even more will be able to attend.

As for the Tipp City incident Swoop mentioned, what can I say, the adventure never ends... SHawk, thank you, thank you, thank you!  I appreciate your saving my butt.  You kindness is truly appreciated.  And a big thanks to you and your wife for being wonderfull hosts.  

Until next year,
Angel13

Offline shegotya

• Gold Member
« Reply #91 on: July 30, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »
Hiya!

Let me start my rant by saying the idea of getting together last year was great!! I planned it for a year ... you know stained the deck, painted a few rooms etc. Nghtmare and I invited any AH member who was able to make it ... how scary is that? We had a week of events planned and a squad CO/my best friend badger8/Dan help make it a great turn out. SHawk was wonderful with sharing his jet skis and we had plenty of time on the lake and beautiful weather to use them and everyone who made it was respectful and pleasant. It is not easy to pull together with emails and times and coordinating schedules but, check it out (if you haven't seen already) how cool it was ....

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mwandmmliss/album?.dir=5e68re2&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

With that being said WAY TO GO BETTY!! I understand the frustration of getting it all to run smooth and I think you did a great job and help from some really great peeps!! Hurry with the footage so I can "edit" it LMAO!!

The air show event was tragic as anytime something like that happens. His family and friends have been in my thoughts since it happened. Gat76/Chris and his gf had never been to an air show before and I felt terrible I had to bring them to one that ended as it did.  Along with them missing their original flight, my basement flooding the night before they came out, and a jeep problem last night taking the last squaddie home :( not all the events I planned but, all is well, Gat and gf made it home, basement is now drying and squaddie got home!! It all worked out and I am a firm believer in ... things happen for a reason so I don't ask why I respect the choice and make the best of everyday!!

It was great to meet all the peeps I did and that is what this weekend was ALL about. What a great comradery!!

Thanks to:
Betty for an awesome weekend of events and everyone who helped

Robin and SHawk for opening their home to us and hooking everyone up with grub (which were awesome wings!!!)

Everyone who made this a part of their weekend and I got to meet! Was really cool.

Start thinking about next year ... trust me it is right around the corner!!

SGY
Michelle
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 09:24:30 AM by shegotya »

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2007, 10:04:04 AM »
Apart from the tragedy at the airshow the weekend was a great experience meeting all of you guys and gals.
Thanks to Betty for arranging it all and thanks to Shawk and family for making everyone feel at home.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
To everyone that attended, it was great to meet you all and I a whole lot of fun this weekend.  The jet lag, lack of sleep, huge timezone difference and all that alcohol really hit me hard, yet I managed to make it out alive.  It was great to actually hang with Robert Shaw, I only wish I could have at least taken a picture with him.  The airshow was very cool and the A F Museum was like nothing I've ever seen before.   Betty, you did a great job and organizing this event for us.  It was great to meet people that I've yet to fight in this game as well as learn about others Gaming history.  
to all those that attened.  It was also fun to really talk about this game, face to face with another person.
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2007, 11:04:33 AM »
wow...what can i say....i'm really glad that you all had a good time and glad that we had such a great turn out. shawk and robin....you 2 are the greatest. thank you for all that you both did to help this weekend be something that we all will remember for many years to come, opening your house to us and setting up a great dinner and everything else yall did...YOUR THE BEST!!

kermy, your my fav wingman and it was great to meet u face to face. not only was it nice to put a face with a voice but also it was nice to notice that...your not much taller than i am...hehe. btw....KERMIT GOT ME DRUNK! hehe. i hope that you can attend other gatherings when they all start comin together :)

SOARING EXECUTIONERS! i was great to hang out with you once again! it almost seemed like the weekend from last summer never really ended and we picked up right where we all left off. gotya! i will get that vid put on my puter tonight hopefully so that i can send it out to everyone. unfortunatly i was unable to take pics cuz my digital camera broke but i can get still shots from my camcorder.

xbrit, swoop777,angle,laderal (spelling) was great to meet you guys also. glad to have yall in the game and look forward to many more years of shooting yall down :)

racrx, kaw100, biker1...it was awsome to meet you guys also. glad that yall could make it!

and PK! .......... I SHOT U DOWN THE OTHER DAY!!!!!! hehe
it was awsome chattin with ya and of course pickin on ya. glad that you and samantha could make it!

and to everyone else that i may have forgotten...thank you all for helpin make this weekend one to remember, the airshow was my first also and it was tragic but...IMHO the pilot died doin what he luved to do and for our entertainment <> to him!

i will post my film in next couple days

GOTYA! NEXT YEAR IS YOURS GIRLY! HEHE
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »
Ya betty forgot me. Luckily I have my happy meal to keep me company.
:D
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2007, 11:13:06 AM »
lol goldy...sowwy bout that. was great to meet you guys also, your mom and dad seemed to be great peeps also..well...besides your dad pushin that lil girl down hehe JK!
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2007, 11:27:03 AM »
Originally posted by betty
lol goldy...sowwy bout that. was great to meet you guys also, your mom and dad seemed to be great peeps also..well...besides your dad pushin that lil girl down hehe JK!

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  Ya you have a mean old man Husky!!:lol
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2007, 11:32:16 AM »
That was so funny:rofl
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2007, 12:06:49 PM »
No kidding.  I usually only kick other peoples puppy dogs for entertainment.  I have yet to advance to that next level of toddler pusher-downer.

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2007, 12:10:30 PM »
Originally posted by Golfer
No kidding.  I usually only kick other peoples puppy dogs for entertainment.  I have yet to advance to that next level of toddler pusher-downer.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2007, 02:43:23 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
It's the ignorance like this that really sets me off about the morons that play this game.

Here you have some stupid AH seat jocky wannabe that went to see the "stupid stunts", as you put it, that a professional like Jim LeRoy perform for people like you and gave his life doing and you have the audacity to call it stupid.  Shame on you, you ***** pixel pushing wannabe.

Get a ***** clue Falcon!!  Jim LeRoy was one of the best of the best.  Performing and flying in an unforgiving career flying a plane to the edge and back so dumb arses like you could walk away thrilled that you got to see an amazing show.

You ignorant mother fker.  That guy gave his life performing for you.  And you have the audacity to call it stupid.  Jim LeRoy was the peak of aerobatic performance.  You watched one of the greats meet his demise, unfortunately like many others before him, giving his all for you.

Professional Airshow aerobatics is the most risky entertainment, extream sport there is.  What he did was not stupid, it was pure genius in an airplane. Have some respect even though you obviously have no capability to understand what you were watching and ignorant to think you have a clue enough to call what he did stupid.

Bow your *****g head in respect and shut the fk up.

Jim LeRoy was the best of the best, but his greatest talent wasn't in the air.  It was sitting at the autograph line until the last person, child, adult, left connecting with people less ignorant than you and maybe sharing the dream that it is to fly the way he did.

Airshow aerobatics spares no one, the worst or the best.  Maybe when you go to the show tomorrow you might understand what these people risk every weekend so that you can walk away thrilled and fulfilled and feel like your 20 bucks was well spent.

You may think I am being a little harsh but your indignant, ignorance and stupidity to make such a statement can not go unnoticed.

We lost a great hero, performer and man today.  God speed Jim LeRoy.  You were the best of the best.

And HT et-al if you edit this post shame on you.  You guys of all people should know better.

http://www.airshowbuzz.com/videos/view.php?v=4b92fd9f

Amen brother
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline Kaw1000

• Silver Member
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2007, 04:00:12 PM »
It just came to me,,.......Now I know what happened to Wesel!!!!!:O
See Rule# 5 on just about every thread!

Offline swoop777

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/swoop777
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2007, 07:10:07 PM »
:lol

Offline weazely

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2007, 08:04:36 PM »
Betty forgot ME.:cry :cry :cry :cry :D

its all cool i had a blast..

(o and yah my dad said the lil girl had it comign to her) IM KIDDIND:lol :lol :D :D
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX.
Invidia V2 Catless Downpipe
STi Catback
HKS SQV BOV