Author Topic: Video editing Programs  (Read 377 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Video editing Programs
« on: July 14, 2007, 05:42:42 AM »
I'm in search of some Editing Programs for future films that I will be making. From what I've heard and seen in other films "Adobe Premiere" and "FRAPS" are two good ones, but I would like to know what other programs there are. I would like one that gives you unique camera angles (Fly By's, "God Mode" angle) also what would I need to buy/download to get Hi-Res films?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Video editing Programs
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 05:48:31 AM »
No editing program in the world can give you what you are looking for. They all have to cope with the pictures you give them via the AH2 film viewer. You can not change the camera position or angle with a video editing program.

Also, FRAPS is no editing program but a capturing tool you need to transfer your recorded AH2 flight into true films, which can then be edited by programs like Adobe Premiere.

I personally do not use Premiere, but the smaller and much more easily accessible VirtualDub, which happens to be a freeware program.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 06:06:12 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Avaro

• Nickel Member
Video editing Programs
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 05:55:30 AM »
Cough* Cough* (Sony vegas) cough*
Das Muppets

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Video editing Programs
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 05:25:28 PM »
Yes, Vegas:aok
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Video editing Programs
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 03:31:21 PM »
Vegas is what I use.
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Video editing Programs
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
I use Vegas...

(PS: plz look at topic below)

the last post
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Video editing Programs
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »
Adobe Premiere and Vegas are the two main Windows based editors.  Both have their strengths and weaknesses.  Premiere does handl other Adobe produts well.  I alwasy enjoyed the featured on either importing a merged layer PSD file or selecting what layer I want to import.  Makes doing transparent overlays very easy.

Vegas has some good stock video effects, but I prefer the layout and usage of Premiere, just a preference.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Spiffing

• Copper Member
Video editing Programs
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »
u can spend 400 bucks or more on vegas, but I would try your first couple of movies on Windows Movie Maker to get a feel for it first. Then...spend the cash.....

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Video editing Programs
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 01:40:01 PM »
Originally posted by Latrobe
I'm in search of some Editing Programs for future films that I will be making. From what I've heard and seen in other films "Adobe Premiere" and "FRAPS" are two good ones, but I would like to know what other programs there are. I would like one that gives you unique camera angles (Fly By's, "God Mode" angle) also what would I need to buy/download to get Hi-Res films?

You will need something to convert the AH film to an avi format.  Fraps does a nice job and Windows Movie Maker is great for a simple editing tool.  The effects that you mention can be done for the most part with the AH Film Viewer.  You can check what  we have done with these tools at http://www.113thluckystrikes.com for examples.  The Fraps is not free but Movie Maker comes with XP and Vista.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes