Author Topic: Old eyes  (Read 437 times)

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Old eyes
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:51:20 PM »
I'm older then most here and am having a problem telling the difference between colors on the screen. Ive made a few mistakes and bombed the wrong places just cause I thought it was a different color. Am I correct that green is "friend" and yellow or red is "enemy"?

I guess I can make the clipboard bigger, it would sure help if the game used a second screen. Anyway, apologies if I attacked the worong place, or carrier?:huh

Man you have some real good pilots in this game. I saw a few do things with airplanes I didnt think possible. Thanks for the heads up by some.

I wish I had younger eyes.:rolleyes:
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Old eyes
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »
yes green are friendlies and yellow or red are enemies.   Trust me there are a lot of guys our ages and older in the game with the same problem :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Optiker

• Zinc Member
Old eyes
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:36:15 PM »
Rich,
   I'm 62, wear bi-focals and understand. Sometimes the green blends in with the ground - makes it doubly difficult to see. Red is always the enemy! You can adjust the colors - options, preferences, GUI - to make the colors stand out more. Make sure you get your views setup so you can see as much outside the cockpit as possible. Spend some time in the training arena, switch to external (F3) occasionally to get some perspective, then back to F1. This is a tough game to become proficient at - but if you stick with it, a ton of fun!
Regards,
Optiker

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Old eyes
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 10:49:35 PM »
You can make the clipboard larger with the two buttons up the top of the clipboard + and -

Also you can use the map zoom which i think is the INS and DEL keys. You can also 'grab' the map with the cursor by left-clicking and and drag it while zoomed in.

You can also choose the colors you want the different county icons on the map to be - may help? On Clipboard: Options -> Preferences -> GUI

These may help you out.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline DoLbY

• Copper Member
Old eyes
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 03:03:24 AM »
If it's red, it's dead..if its green, its all team

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Old eyes
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 08:08:58 AM »
Using default colors here so...
Regarding icons in flight, green = friendly and red = enemy.
Getting technical orange = friendly if you are in a squad or tuned to the same radio 5 channel and have squad/radio highlights turned on.
That's not the same as map icons, green = friendly and yellow or orange = enemy. The sun can really effect these colors and at a bad angle of sun glare they can both look the same. Usually a look down in cockpit with clipboard up gets rid of the glare and clipboard colors look better or more accurate.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Old eyes
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 08:16:28 AM »
Cool, thanks for the help. Last night I flew a bombing mission with a Lancaster. On the way back I got attacked by a couple of P-51's. I mssg'ed for backup back to the barn and somone came. That was pretty awsome.:aok BTW I think I shot down my first airplane out of one of the bombers gunnering seats.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Old eyes
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:16 AM »
Way to go (WTG) Rich

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
Old eyes
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
I have red/green issues... I think I'm moderately colorblind in that regard... I switched the default colors figuring it would be better to be able to see the bad guys better, it really helped when I was trying to pick out another player against the terrain.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.