Author Topic: Sailing  (Read 680 times)

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2007, 07:20:10 AM »
Originally posted by Serenity
I was REALLY in to sailing a few years ago. Started in little blue Toppers, then moved into El Toros, Prams similar to those you were sailing, and two years ago moved into Olympic-Class Lasers. I even bought my own factory-fresh Laser. Out here in Hawaii, there is almost nowhere better for sailing! Lazers are great, but as im really busy with flight training, if you want to buy a practically new laser, shoot me a PM. I dont really have time to use mine much more, and it'd be better off going to someone who will enjoy it.

Nice!  We're low on money at the moment... But we'll see!
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

The internet has proved this wrong.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 04:25:33 PM »
:D
There was once a saying that goes "If you put an infinite amount of monkeys in a room with an infinite amount of typewriters, eventually they will produce something worth reading."

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Sailing
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 03:36:51 AM »
Well done OOgly. Sailing is a really nice sport and hobby. Ive been sailing for 32 years now and never tire of it. Sailed alot of regattas locally and crewed on a few larger regattas and they are fun. The best sailig for me tho is stuffing the family in the boat and go out into the ocean and far away on "expeditions".

Offline Dadano

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 04:20:05 AM »
Way to go on the bullet and keep it up. I've been racing since I was seven and could not think of a better sport to be apart of. Once you move out of opti's or ever need any sail trim/tactics advice, feel free; the link is in my sig.
Dano
Army of Muppets

"Furballing is a disease, and we are the cure... Oink."
-Twitchy

Offline Gunthr

• Gold Member
      • http://www.dot.squat
Sailing
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 12:15:23 PM »
wtg  Oogly  :aok
"When I speak I put on a mask. When I act, I am forced to take it off."  - Helvetius 18th Century

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Sailing
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Uh why??? By the way good job on the GF. She's cute, and for all the other perverts.....no I'm NOT interested, I'm 35 years old for Christs sake.

Damn Horn, I had you pegged for 40 easy :lol

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »
again... :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 05:03:03 PM »
What fun!  Excellent pictures.  Way to go making memories!
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Sailing
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 05:18:17 PM »
Originally posted by Sikboy
Damn Horn, I had you pegged for 40 easy :lol

-Sik

Why would you think that?????:huh  I mean my significant other is 40 but she don't look it, of course I've always had a thing for older women:aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Oogly50

• Nickel Member
Sailing
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
One for the road ----> :D

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sailing
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 04:51:53 PM »
Originally posted by Oogly50
The second race donnel's possessed mutant boat won the race for him... for some reason it could head directly up wind (something sailboats can't do without stopping.)     suspicious...    Anyway I came in 4th with a photo finish.  Me and my girlfriend's sister were neck and neck and then my sail finally stole her wind and she was left there for 5 seconds with no wind at all while I crossed the finish line.  

What you perceive to be upwind at the start, isn't necessarily upwind any time after that.  Plus with sailing on the lake you are at or close to the shore, one section of the lake can have an entirely different wind then others.

It's either luck, or more likely that he knows the waters better then you do.

My best piece of advice for you is to avoid 420's and FJ's like the plague at all costs, and try to get onto a 29er.

I would have replied earlier, but I was sailing / partying this weekend at a friend's house.  We got a Sailfish out, which was so much fun.  Incredibly hard to sail, and a lot faster then a Sunfish.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"